French Players Abroad

https://treizemondial.fr/la-semaine-des-francais-a-letranger-1-romain-franco-plante-un-quadruple/

French Week Abroad #1: Romain Franco plants a quadruple

WRITTEN BY ARNAUD FABRE · FEBRUARY 20, 2024

This year again, many French people will play in England (Super League, Championship and League 1), but also in Australia.

Super League

• Mickael Goudemand started in the second row in his new Leeds Rhinos club. And obviously, the coach already trusts him, and the player gives it back to him. He played 70 minutes, and tackled 26 times. No mistake was made by the forward trained in the Vaucluse, just like his teammate Justin Sangaré, who spent 20 minutes on the meadow, with 54 meters won. They were therefore important players in the Rhinos' first victory.
  • It is difficult for Hakim Miloudi to stand out in the match against the last winner of the World Club Challenge, St Helens. But despite the 40 points received, the French center won 80 meters for 19 shots, made 3 releases, but also made 3 mistakes. Hakim Miloudi will have even more games to highlight himself more in order to show his talent.
  • Hugo Salabio was in the group of 17, and coach Ian Watson gave him only 5 minutes of playing time at the end of the game. Time to make 4 tackles, and a solid range of balls, and thus participate in the victory of his people at Leigh.
  • Championship

• Wakefield played in 1895 Cup, cup for clubs playing on the lower floors of the Super League, against Newcastle. Mathieu Cozza started in the third row, and despite a little fright at the ankle towards the end of the game, everything is fine. This match was a recital, with in particular French winger Romain Franco who stood out by scoring 4 tries, one of the many scorers, with a record final score of 110-0. This score therefore shows the difference in level, and Wakefield's respect for his counterpart of the day, in order to best prepare for the Championship season.
  •  

League 1

• Levy Nzoungou started on the bench with the North Wales Crusaders, during the elimination of his owns in 1895 Cup against Widnes.

• Australia

• Enzo Griffier, who plays for the U19 of the Sydney Roosters in the SG Ball Cup, participated in the third victory in as many games, still starting at the center position.
  • Thirteen World

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Louis Grossemy, Australian born and raised with French father, is on the extended bench for Souths this week. Given that the top 30 are off to Vegas, this puts him about 40th in line for an NRL spot. He has represented France at U19 (or maybe U20) level so he'd be about 20 now. I think he may also have played for NSW U18s.

I think he came off the bench for 1 game in NSW Cup last year. He isn't listed on Souths NSW Cup player list but they may not have finalised it yet.

https://www.intrl.sport/news/french-rabbit-nrl-rookie-to-play-in-euro-championships/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing this with us, Gomersall.

I do love the 'mechanised' translations, such as the one you have provided.  I am intrigued that the Thunder v Trinity game was a 'recital'!

Given the French players contributions, maybe there was a bit of Faure from the forwards, Messiaen down the middle, Ravel on the right, Certon from the centres and Lully on the left!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I've heard and read good things about young Enzo Griffier. Haven't seen anything of him yet, but he certainly seems quite promising.

He must be doing something right if he’s holding down a starting spot in the Rooster’s U19s team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I've heard and read good things about young Enzo Griffier. Haven't seen anything of him yet, but he certainly seems quite promising.

Excellent at full back and Scrum half in France, now playing centre in the sg ball cup, 

He comes from salon and played elite2 at 17, he's never played elite 1, but played against the Catalans last year with the elite select team, 

Played in the halves for France 17s and at full back for France 19s and France b in Serbia I think. 

Very tall and rangey I'd say around 6foot 4.

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

He must be doing something right if he’s holding down a starting spot in the Rooster’s U19s team.

Will expect to see him regularly for the U21s and maybe get some game time for NSW cup side. A lot of the Jersey Flegg boys are playing u19s (SG Ball) as it’s only a very short season. SG ball ends in a month and Jersey Flegg starts in a few weeks.

I think there’s a serious chance we will see him in first grade in a year or two, and I’m sure Trent Robinson will be eagerly awaiting to debut him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Excellent at full back and Scrum half in France, now playing centre in the sg ball cup, 

He comes from salon and played elite2 at 17, he's never played elite 1, but played against the Catalans last year with the elite select team, 

Played in the halves for France 17s and at full back for France 19s and France b in Serbia I think. 

Very tall and rangey I'd say around 6foot 4.

Yeah, I was looking at pics and he's certainly a tall lad. Hope he goes on to good things!

Edited by StandOffHalf

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Damel Diakhate could well get a game for Hull this week with Pele, Ese'ese and Sao all banned. 

Hasn’t been named in the team unfortunately. 

I don’t know to much about him but he must be good if a SL club are signing him.

40 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Hasn’t been named in the team unfortunately. 

I don’t know to much about him but he must be good if a SL club are signing him.

Yeah, I'm not sure if he is injured or if other players were just preferred over him, but I expected him to be in the 21 at least. He came over last year and played as a trialist for the reserves. He played a game and a half and then got injured and didn't play again last year but he made a big impression in his cameo and we gave him a one year deal. From what I've seen he's not the biggest for a prop but he's one of those guys who throws himself into every collision and does everything whole heartedly. Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere down the line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Gadwin Springer

Thomas Lacans

I think it’s an account of how French players abroad faired over the previous weekend rather than a list of French players playing abroad Mark. Because Fev didn’t play they wouldn’t be considered for the article.

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

I think it’s an account of how French players abroad faired over the previous weekend rather than a list of French players playing abroad Mark. Because Fev didn’t play they wouldn’t be considered for the article.

Pffff. They trained the house down at Fev. 😉

• Haha 1