NRL Round 1 Match Thread Round - Part 2

Results

Saturday Matches

Eels 26 - 8 Bulldogs

Score Summary

M. Harper 13, B. Cartwright 37, B. Cartwright 51, B. Simonsson 77 Tries B. Wilson 66, S. Crichton 70
M. Moses 14, C. Gutherson 38, C. Gutherson 52, C. Gutherson 78 Conversions  
C. Gutherson 27 Penalty Goals

Watched the Panthers game this morning where Yeo was excellent as ever. Got me wondering, how will he be remembered in the the NRL? For me he's been one of the best backrowers in the game the past 7 or 8 years, seems to go a bit under the radar at times.

Bulldogs still look much the same . Ciraldo still looks a myth and Burton still looks the biggest underperforming enigma in the comp . Whereas the Dragons looking sensationally good in sweeping aside the mighty Titans to surely hit Premiership favouritism 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Watched the Panthers game this morning where Yeo was excellent as ever. Got me wondering, how will he be remembered in the the NRL? For me he's been one of the best backrowers in the game the past 7 or 8 years, seems to go a bit under the radar at times.

I don't think he's under the radar at all. If he ever came on the market every club would submit an offer. He has become a permanent fixture in the NSW and Kangaroos teams. There's not much more he can do.

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I don't think he's under the radar at all. If he ever came on the market every club would submit an offer. He has become a permanent fixture in the NSW and Kangaroos teams. There's not much more he can do.

Hes been as  much a leader and talisman in that champion team as Cleary . 

Canterbury fear Josh Addo-Carr has "broken something" in his right shoulder after the flying winger was put in a sling during the Bulldogs' 26-8 loss to Parramatta.

On an afternoon when Eels No.7 Mitch Moses was left battling a groin injury, it was the Bulldogs who felt the pain most in front of a crowd of 29,171 at Western Sydney Stadium.

In a brutal start to the season for the Bulldogs, Addo-Carr left the field at half-time and did not return amid fears of damage to his right acromioclavicular joint.

"He's not great," Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo said.

"He's going for scans tonight. He could have something broken up in the shoulder. It was tough of him to play through to half-time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-09/nrl-round-1-saturday-eels-bulldogs-titans-dragons-crichton/103568936

23 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I was thinking more as to his rep in the NRL historically, whether he will be remembered as an all time great player.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I was thinking more as to his rep in the NRL historically, whether he will be remembered as an all time great player.

I don't know. I tend to be very niggardly with my use of terms like "great" or "star" or "champion." I think it's easier for people to remember the halves, FBs and wingers. 

13 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I don't know. I tend to be very niggardly with my use of terms like "great" or "star" or "champion." I think it's easier for people to remember the halves, FBs and wingers. 

Yeah i get that, backs always seem to get the plaudits. But there's plenty of forwards in the Australian RL Hall of fame, and the likes of Beetson and Raper are legends.

• Graham changed the title to NRL Round 1 Match Thread Round - Part 2