The NRL Round 6 Thread

TEAMS

Tigers: 1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Solomona Faataape 4. Justin Olam 5. Junior Tupou 6. Jayden Sullivan 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Alex Seyfarth 13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin 15. Alex Twal 16. Justin Matamua 17. Asu Kepaoa

21. Kit Laulilii 19. Josh Feledy

Dragons: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Moses Suli 4. Jack Bird 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Hame Sele 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tom Eisenhuth

14. Jesse Marschke 15. Blake Lawrie 16. Jack de Belin 18. Ben Murdoch-Masila

20. Michael Molo 19. Christian Tuipulotu

15min: Utoikamanu try off nice dummy half work from Koroisau

Goal kick hits the post, both touchies rule Goal but bunker reviews it and says No Goal

That's gotta be a first.

4 - 4

A video review of a conversion? Not sure I've seen that before!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

36min: Lomax takes high attacking kick and passes to Flanagan who scores. Commentators seemed to think Flanagan was offside at the kick but bunker didn't think so

Lomax goal

St George 16 - 6

Bird's game is over. The independent doc has ruled.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's hard to muster much optimism for the second half when Wests have lost their last 38 games when trailing at HT.

52min: Staines grounds it but ... bunker says Tigers knocked on in the lead-up

Edited by Farmduck

60min: Lomax penalty goal after Klemmer hit Flanagan in the head with his shoulder but no bin.

St George 18 - 6

Lomax has certainly got his mojo back.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

An immense defensive effort from the Titans over the last umpteen consecutive attacking sets for the Raiders, but Schiller finally dives over in the corner.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ooh, Golden Point!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Raiders take it with a last-nanosecond drop goal, despite the Titans looking more likely for most of Golden Point.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

More proof this round that it is indeed sporting nirvana down under with the NRL truly a week to week League.

Who could have predicted the Injury hit Roosters and Eels coming back to win against the Knights and Cows or that the Storm and Raiders would have been taken the full 80 minutes by the Bulldogs and Gold Coast.

What will next week have in store?

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Nice win for the Dragons against the mighty Tigers . How does Klemmer stay on the pitch for zeroing in on Flanagan then smashing him in the melon . Terrible decision . Felt a bit sorry for the Titans , loads of effort and really got caned by the Badgerette who really is a long way behind Belinda Sharp 

Edited by DavidM

The NRL has admitted Raiders fullback Chevy Stewart was offside before his game-saving chargedown of what could have been a game-winning field goal in golden point against the Gold Coast.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-15/nrl-referees-des-hasler-ricky-stuart-chevy-stewart-offside/103709816