The NRL Round 8 Thread

49min: DCE try off a 60m move by Manly straight through the middle.

Parra concede 2 tries in 5 minutes. Who would have thought that could happen?

Garrick goal

Manly 18 - 14

Crowd 17,385

57min: Penisini gets 10 in the bin for tackling T-Turbo who was chasing a kick through.

Garrick goal

Manly  20  - 14

67min: Sivo hattrick

Bunker wants another look

and can't find anything to complain about. TRY!!

Dylan Brown tries goalkicking but probably shouldn't have

Parra  18 - 20

Penisini comes back from bin then Sivo puts a forearm to the head into a tackled player on the ground and he gets 10.

... then 2 tackles later Garrick, who copped the Sivo forearm, crosses for a 4-pointer

Garrick kicks the goal

Manly  26 - 18

Edited by Farmduck

77min: Olakau'atu try - last 3 tries down Sivo's side

Chalked off by bungle because T-Turbo was offside at a kick in the lead-up

Parramatta were right in that game for so long, but deserved to lose with discipline like that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Parramatta were right in that game for so long, but deserved to lose with discipline like that.

True but they should have been playing 12 men , that ‘ tackle ‘ by Olakau’atu was a disgrace and potential neck breaker . We talk about player welfare , I’ll be interested in the punishment there

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

True but they should have been playing 12 men , that ‘ tackle ‘ by Olakau’atu was a disgrace and potential neck breaker . We talk about player welfare , I’ll be interested in the punishment there

Considering Milne (two match suspension if he accepts guilt) has escaped serious consequences for his dangerous tackle on Munster. Olakau’atu if treated similarly will get two matches. He should be punished more severely as likewise Milne should have been. Stupidity from yet another player… Sivo. Three try hero to grub in one mad and uncalled for moment. 

If I remember correctly Cleary was sent off last season for a tackle that didn't look as severe as the one by Olakautau.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

The Broncos have received a welcome boost with the return of Adam Reynolds, Payne Haas, Brendan Piakura and Deine Mariner after they were all sidelined with injury.

However, it’s not all good news as Kevin Walters’ side will be without star five-eighth Ezra Mam and Selwyn Cobbo, forcing a slight reshuffle in the team to accommodate their absences.

After 2 minutes Tigers get a lucky break when Mariner drops the ball with the line open. That came from Bula dropping a high kick.

5min: This time Mariner scores. Put that one down to a moronic penalty by Bateman when Wests had Carrigan locked up but Bateman came in as third man and lifted Carrigan's leg - automatic penalty.

Reynolds missed the goal

Brisbane 4 - 0

16min: and the dumb continues. Samuela Fainu gets 10 in the bin. Oates caught the kick on the full in the in-goal and started running out to the 20m so Fainu tackled him. ?@?#?@?!?@?#

Brainfart from Fainu, there.

Brisbane score almost immediately.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson