The NRL Round 9 Thread

After the Whitehead try and Weekes goal Raiders only trail by 12 which doesn't seem to match the run of play.

Great balance by Cotric to avoid the whitewash at a dead run like that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kaeo Weekes looks a bit handy, doesn't he?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saab grounds it but did it come forward off Garrick? Bunker says, "Yes, that's what happened."  No Try

Did Smothies touch the ball? I think the ball touched him which is the same result.

Hudson Young gives Canberra the lead for the first time!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Weekes slices the conversion so we have a 2-point game with less than 3 minutes left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

DCE's attempted 2-pointer fades to the right, and the Raiders have - somehow - won!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Score Summary

T. Trbojevic 9, T. Talau 17, D. Cherry-Evans 22, R. Garrick 27, R. Garrick 50 Tries K. Weekes 32, E. Whitehead 53, E. Whitehead 58, N. Cotric 67, H. Young 77
R. Garrick 11, R. Garrick 29 Conversions K. Weekes 33, K. Weekes 55, K. Weekes 60
  Sin Bin A. Hopoate 25

Wow how about that ? It looked like no hope , unbelievable comeback .  Whitehead a real trooper for Canberra . Just in passing …. Has anyone else noticed that the play the ball rules  seem to have completely vanished in the NRL this year . Endless just rolling it completely ignored . I’m also finding six agains more and more tedious 

Young's pass to Manu for that try was a beauty!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Took the Broncos 10 minutes of field position and repeat sets to score. It took the Chooks about 2 minutes.

with 44% of the ball and only 36% of the territory, Roosters hit the front with a Crichton try + Walker goal

Chooks 12 - 6

36min: Crichton gets his second try after a Broncos mistake on halfway

Walker goal

Roosters 18 - 6

Arthars off to hospital with a suspected broken jaw after his tackle on Dom Young.

Ralph Waldo Emerson