The NRL Round 9 Thread

I love halves passing to halves.

The Dolphins' pivots again link-up, with Nikorima holding the ball back for a fraction of a second and putting Niu in.

Kick curled in nicely; nice bounce back by the Redcliffe team.

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

You using that slow electricity again FD?

I'm sure it's the fault of Kayo Sports. It's just a streaming version of the Fox RL coverage, ads and all, but for some reason, they always add about 2 minutes at the end of HT with a screen that says something like, "Don't go anywhere we'll be right back." God only knows why they do it.

Are they trying to force people back to Foxtel subscritions? Why, when they are selling you only a quarter of that product on Kayo for half the price?

2 minutes ago, Graham said:

Kasey Badger collecting some criticism for her reffing of the Dogs/Tigers game. Anyone see the game can comment. Some fans comments say she was out of her depth and lost control. Is that just sour grapes?

I thought she did a good job. I thought she spent appropriate amounts of time outlining decisions to players. I even recall thinking what a good job she was doing during the run of play.

Katoa creates so much space for those outside him. Isaako in again.

Lovely hit-back after the NQ try off the spilled bomb.

Good half of footy this!

Badger sent Klemmer to the bin for dissent - which should happen a lot more, IMO - and she sent Seyfarth for a head butt in a kerfuffle, standard NRL procedure.

Really hard luck for the Dolphins there, after the grubber is spilled by Katoa. McIntire just about grounds it, despite the ball wanting to squeeze out.

The Phins goal-line D had been really good, but the Cows will be happy to have got back in front on the buzzer.

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

Kasey Badger collecting some criticism for her reffing of the Dogs/Tigers game. Anyone see the game can comment?
Some fans comments say she was out of her depth and lost control. Is that just sour grapes?

She cost the Titans the game at Canberra two weeks ago. 

If they can hold up physically, I think their D and halves could get the Phins over the line here.

A depleted side, but they are sticking in this game well.

Posted (edited)

Lung-bursting, end-to-end stuff with errors creeping in.

A mix-up in receivers with Clifford touching it before Drinkwater takes it and grounds..

I hope it's not an error that decides this. All locked up and heading into the closing 15. A good game, although the standard has dropped in the second half.

Edited by StandOffHalf

Nikorima knows the way to Averillo even better than Tony Christie.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Lung-bursting, end-to-end stuff with errors creeping in.

A mix-up in receivers with Clifford touching it before Drinkwater takes it and grounds..

I hope it's not an error that decides this. All locked up and heading into the closing 15. A good game, although the standard has dropped in the second half.

I'm surprised they aren't all cramping up after that first half.

• Like 1

Felise backs it up with another shot on Nanai. The Phins have done well in controlling where they've played the game in this second half.

I love how tough and committed they are as a footy team.