Fri 3rd May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/24 at 19:30

16 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Do we know what Myler actually said?

No idea, mate.

That's why I'm staying out of it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

17 hours ago, Ullman said:

Scored a couple of tries and did a long stint in the Reserves' win over Warrington this afternoon.

At least there's a realisation he's nowhere near he should be at the moment.

I do believe there is a player in there somewhere. He is undoubtedly a strong ball carrier, and he's got good pace for a big man. He could prove to be an interesting project for a new coach, but obviously he's got to be willing to put the work in himself to get fit etc.

On the whole wrongly named player saga. I think if I was in Myler's position I would have just allowed Warrington to rectify their error. But it's his perogative not to. At that point Burgess just needs to suck it up and accept that it was a Warrington mistake and he needs to own it. The way he carried on afterwards was embarrassing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I do believe there is a player in there somewhere. He is undoubtedly a strong ball carrier, and he's got good pace for a big man. He could prove to be an interesting project for a new coach, but obviously he's got to be willing to put the work in himself to get fit etc.

Agree with all of that. He's a potential wrecking ball of a human.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 05/05/2024 at 10:56, MZH said:

On the whole wrongly named player saga. I think if I was in Myler's position I would have just allowed Warrington to rectify their error. But it's his perogative not to. At that point Burgess just needs to suck it up and accept that it was a Warrington mistake and he needs to own it. The way he carried on afterwards was embarrassing.

Myler has had his say now. If his account is true, it seems he got slagged for no reason.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

On 05/05/2024 at 13:16, Ullman said:

Agree with all of that. He's a potential wrecking ball of a human.

Just needs to be given plenty of ball.  Hasn’t been the case so far.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Just needs to be given plenty of ball.  Hasn’t been the case so far.

You're right. Just not using him well enough.

I think if Danny Houghton had realised he was on his shoulder he'd have been under the posts against Leeds.

5 hours ago, jacksy said:

Myler has had his say now. If his account is true, it seems he got slagged for no reason.

I'll repeat that it's a Warrington error and Burgess needs to grow up, but if you're referring to the SARL article, then I think taht was written by Myler himself on his laptop! 

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'll repeat that it's a Warrington error and Burgess needs to grow up, but if you're referring to the SARL article, then I think taht was written by Myler himself on his laptop! 

I think Jacksy's referring to an interview with the Hull Daily Mail that appeared in the last day or so.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

You're right. Just not using him well enough.

I think if Danny Houghton had realised he was on his shoulder he'd have been under the posts against Leeds.

He would have been.  Can’t believe our ‘halves’ don’t latch on to the fact that he is a powerful lad with good hands.  Pass, support him and if he gets his hands free you’re away.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Ullman is correct Dave T.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fcs-richie-myler-confused-9272406?utm_source=mynewsassistant.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=embedded_search_item_mobile

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

16 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Tbh, it looks like SARL ripped that story off. 

It's odd that the Match Commissioner approached Myler, somebody (unnamed) asked him would he be happy to allow Wire 8 subs, but the match commissioner told him it wasn't his choice. 

The series of events is a bit all over the place. I like the quote of "I didn't say anything to a certain extent" 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Tbh, it looks like SARL ripped that story off. 

It's odd that the Match Commissioner approached Myler, somebody (unnamed) asked him would he be happy to allow Wire 8 subs, but the match commissioner told him it wasn't his choice. 

The series of events is a bit all over the place. I like the quote of "I didn't say anything to a certain extent" 🤣

Actually, rereading it, i think Myler did nothing wrong if this is the true version of events.