Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shirt Launch

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

Sorry to be negative as nobody loves our club more than me but yet again we are pathetic when it comes to the shirt launch, marketing/merchandise etc angry.gif angry.gif . The busiest and best time of year for sales and Tuesday I went down to the shop to find the shop locked and in darkness so went round to the office to say I wanted to buy merchandise for xmas presents but "We don't have any as we have a new range coming out but it's not here yet". Tried to buy season tickets for xmas but "Not ready yet". As for advertising we have a fading poster of Mr Harris at the end of P.O.R urging us all to sign up for a season ticket for the coming 2009 season blush.gif blush.gif
Rant over but it had to be said, not good enough I am sure you will agree sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#42 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Dec 17 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to be negative as nobody loves our club more than me but yet again we are pathetic when it comes to the shirt launch, marketing/merchandise etc angry.gif angry.gif . The busiest and best time of year for sales and Tuesday I went down to the shop to find the shop locked and in darkness so went round to the office to say I wanted to buy merchandise for xmas presents but "We don't have any as we have a new range coming out but it's not here yet". Tried to buy season tickets for xmas but "Not ready yet". As for advertising we have a fading poster of Mr Harris at the end of P.O.R urging us all to sign up for a season ticket for the coming 2009 season blush.gif blush.gif
Rant over but it had to be said, not good enough I am sure you will agree sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I've been told Wakey are having the same problems re supply of shirts for Christmas, again supplied by Prostar. I'd hope the club has a contract for delivery by a set date, so that some benefit could be gained from the late arrival of stock.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#43 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

I can understand the frustration caused, but remember this, the shop is run by Volunteers, the problem with season tickets I can't answer.It makes life very difficult for me anyway to get to the club on a Saturday ,but I'll try I want a shirt as a regular Christmas present and as I have no chimneys, I have to take the shirt to Santa myself and I am due to pick up my snow chains Saturday Lunchtime. Yes we are all fed up, but getting angry will just spoil any enjoyment of Christmas. If I don't get a shirt I'll give him an I O U and a cuddle, I'm just glad to be having Christmas again and I won't let a late shirt worry me as for season tickets , well we don't need them till February. Wahtever happens let's do our best to remain calm or donate any swear money to the Blue Lagoon garden fund.

Happy Christmas to all contributors and may you all have a great New Year.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#44 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

if they were 40 they would have been here by now biggrin.gif
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#45 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Dec 17 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if they were 40 they would have been here by now biggrin.gif

bone dog a like biggrin.gif
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#46 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Dec 17 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No i don't agree, the delay in the shirt launch is not the clubs fault. If the company that supplies the kit are late delivering what should the club do. Have the shirt launch on the advertised date with no actual shirt on sale. Don't think so.
The club shop is run by volunteers, if there aren't enough of them they will only open when they can. Tues and Wed are traditionally quiet days so why open then and not on busier days (fri/sat).
The season does not start till Feb so whats the panic over season tickets. I've paid for mine but will be happy to wait till it's available.
As for advertising i would hazard a guess that being the off season money is tight and seeing that there is not a lot to advertise about why spend money that can be spent elsewhere.
Calling these things patheitic is unfair on the people that are doing their very best, for free.
Having seen first hand the hard work that is being done at the ground to improve our already excllent facilities, a little more understanding wouldn't go amiss.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#47 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 17 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No i don't agree, the delay in the shirt launch is not the clubs fault. If the company that supplies the kit are late delivering what should the club do. Have the shirt launch on the advertised date with no actual shirt on sale. Don't think so.
The club shop is run by volunteers, if there aren't enough of them they will only open when they can. Tues and Wed are traditionally quiet days so why open then and not on busier days (fri/sat).
The season does not start till Feb so whats the panic over season tickets. I've paid for mine but will be happy to wait till it's available.
As for advertising i would hazard a guess that being the off season money is tight and seeing that there is not a lot to advertise about why spend money that can be spent elsewhere.
Calling these things patheitic is unfair on the people that are doing their very best, for free.
Having seen first hand the hard work that is being done at the ground to improve our already excllent facilities, a little more understanding wouldn't go amiss.

No I agree in business being let down by suppliers happens but then it just happens too often to us wink.gif . Plus having no merchandise at this time of year (NOT SHIRTS) is financial suicide whether the person responsible for ordering is on 1OOK a year or doing it FOC. As for opening times the sign on the door lists the opening times which indicated they were open on the day in question at the time I attended but they were closed, whether busy or not if you advertise you are open then you open or amend your sign accordingly IMO laugh.gif .
No panic over season tickets just they are xmas presents and I don't like to wrap up an IOU and thought that the money would be welcome in my teams bank account ASAP but hey I'll keep it if they aren't ready for it yet , not a problem biggrin.gif .
The posters just look bad IMO and the money was there to promote them in the off season to promote ticket sales last year but fair play maybe not this season, if they had a new range of merchandise to sell maybe this would have funded a few dozen new posters or at least remove the old ones with a defunct player on wink.gif
As for understanding after so many decades watching my team, I fully understand but still care so felt the need to vent my spleen, I am sure you understand? wink.gif wink.gif

#48 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

The same mess up every season with shirts and merchandise. We know everyone at the club does their best and we appreciate it but all we ask is for the basics to be delivered and when outside companies are constantly letting the club down us fans will always be annoyed because we can see that the club is the loser. What the club could do to make money is start advertising the boxing game match,its only 7days away and the advertising boards are still showing our next game is Batley! It simply is not good enough
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#49 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Stratobill @ Dec 17 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same mess up every season with shirts and merchandise. We know everyone at the club does their best and we appreciate it but all we ask is for the basics to be delivered and when outside companies are constantly letting the club down us fans will always be annoyed because we can see that the club is the loser. What the club could do to make money is start advertising the boxing game match,its only 7days away and the advertising boards are still showing our next game is Batley! It simply is not good enough

wouldnt it be a good idea to have a shirt launch at the begining of december? then fans have nearly a month to get there shirts for xmas, plus is there a week late for whatever reason, people still have a couple of weeks to get them in time for xmas. fans will be wanting them for xmas prezzies and a with less than a week till xmas, people have probably bought alternative prezzies, so the club could lose a sale alltogether.

#50 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

Oh to live in a perfect world where everything is super lovely fabulous. Stuff happens so deal with it or help put it right.

#51 TUUUUUUUUUUTA

TUUUUUUUUUUTA
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

To be fair there are going to be some shirts available tomorrow anyway. I'm sure the rest will come in a week or two.

In regards to the delay i'd rather the club explore every avenue in regards to sponsorship revenue......get the best deals it can..... and get the shirts a bit later. (This years kit looks to have a completely new set of sponsors on it)

We don't know when the final design was signed off for manufacture! (the away kit is already late because the RFL kept blackballing the design!!!)

Whatever they play in at least the waiting's nearly over......

#52 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 18 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh to live in a perfect world where everything is super lovely fabulous. Stuff happens so deal with it or help put it right.

i can deal with it, am not losing a penny. just making a suggestion if thats ok with you?

#53 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (zo9 @ Dec 18 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can deal with it, am not losing a penny. just making a suggestion if thats ok with you?

Wasn't aimed at you zo9, must have posted at the same time as you.

#54 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Talking to a widcats supporter who collected his wildcats shirt last week. Said that there were piles of boxes in the shop.
Dont tell me that the suppliers treat the SL teams more favourably?.

#55 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 18 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't aimed at you zo9, must have posted at the same time as you.

sorry mate, am a bit touchy today biggrin.gif .

#56 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

In reply to those who say that the shirts are late every year, I would point out that the last three years the shirts have been on sale BEFORE Christmas although there were issues getting every size on time. Let's not be negative and as for those who say it's a main Christmas present, may I suggest you decide on something else each year and use the shirts as a supplementary GIFT.
This is a time of peace , happiness and goodwill a time we all reflect on the past year and look forward to the next and hopefully success.

Even at 42 Martin. laugh.gif

Edited by Bob Fowler, 18 December 2009 - 05:08 PM.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#57 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

don't set him off Bob!!!!! tongue.gif
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#58 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Does anybody have an idea of what the away shirt will look like?

#59 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

hearing the same design but either, red or orange
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#60 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Dec 18 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In reply to those who say that the shirts are late every year, I would point out that the last three years the shirts have been on sale BEFORE Christmas although there were issues getting every size on time. Let's not be negative and as for those who say it's a main Christmas present, may I suggest you decide on something else each year and use the shirts as a supplementary GIFT.
This is a time of peace , happiness and goodwill a time we all reflect on the past year and look forward to the next and hopefully success.

Even at 42 Martin. laugh.gif

Chuffing ummers Bob, a 42 shirt as a supplementary gift. Wish i could afford that. Top post otherwise mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users