Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan
    • Salford
    • Draw

I like a shock and from what I saw Friday gone, I think Salford will spring one on Friday.

Only going down by 18 points, so Wigan 38-20 Salford. Sorry Tony :D

I like a shock and from what I saw Friday gone, I think Salford will spring one on Friday.

Only going down by 18 points, so Wigan 38-20 Salford. Sorry Tony :D

No problem, mate. I'd consider that outcome to be a moral victory.

Wigan to win by a lot. I'd rather not be too specific, as it may be held in evidence against me. :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

bt too close to call this one, wigan to just sneak it by 40 points :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

like a training session for Wigan must have blown another dozen chances, no atmosphere in the stadium, fair play to wigan keep up the work rate when their minds must have been on wire arriving at the DW next week.

cant say it was a sending off, it looked a bad one but Thaler had no hesitation in sending him off, he had gone before he showed him the card.

Looked a harsh sending off to me as well. Fielden was on his feet almost immediately. I couldn't see what Prescott was put on report for. Anybody see anything in the tackle he was pulled up for?

Prescott got pulled for a chiken wing, the sending off; didn't really see it from where I was but the ref was on the spot and quick to decide. Could have been harsh or could have been correct I haven't a clue.

Fair play to Salford who never decided to throw in the towel despite a mounting scoreline and a Wigan back line that was running hot.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Prescott got pulled for a chiken wing, the sending off; didn't really see it from where I was but the ref was on the spot and quick to decide. Could have been harsh or could have been correct I haven't a clue.

Fair play to Salford who never decided to throw in the towel despite a mounting scoreline and a Wigan back line that was running hot.

Child set the president last week with Coleys sending off, thaler continued that and it will continue until an incident involving Morley or Peacock and it will be back to 'nothing to see here'

Child set the president last week with Coleys sending off, thaler continued that and it will continue until an incident involving Morley or Peacock and it will be back to 'nothing to see here'

Cynic ;)

Would offer my view of the Boyle incident if I could, but my angle of view was blocked by other Salford defenders so can't provide a definitive opinion either way until I see a TV replay.

Had a clear view of the Prescott one - straight away I thought chicken wing before the penalty was even given. Very daft and should get a ban, but has the RFL set a dangerous precedent of letting off a repeat offender of the same technique with only a fine?

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

I thought it was a poor tackle by Boyle but a sending off was a bit harsh.

I thought Boyle suffered because of a poor decision made by Child and Bentham in the South of France last weekend and an even worse one made by the disciplinary committee in Leeds on Tuesday.

Coley should not have been sent off nor should he have been banned and any fair minded person knows this.

As soon as Boyle hit Fielden the crowd erupted and "justice" had to be seen to be done - Thaler knew it and so did Boyle who was already walking off before the ref had given his decision.

I suppose for the sake of consistency we should be pleased but I doubt that the referee's decision will be the same the next time we see Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Morley or Carvell decapitate someone.

As for Prescott's chicken wing tackle, the decision was correct and as more than one Leeds player has been left unpunished for serial offences of this nature, I would fully expect Prescott to receive a ban.

In the build up to the Wires v Wigan game Morley and Carvell were both allowed to play after committing shocking tackles against Cas - it will be typically RFL-like if we have two props banned from the return fixture for doing next to nothing.