Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Wigan Warriors v Salford City Reds (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. Salford (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,843 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

I like a shock and from what I saw Friday gone, I think Salford will spring one on Friday.

Only going down by 18 points, so Wigan 38-20 Salford. Sorry Tony biggrin.gif

#3 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 7 2010, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like a shock and from what I saw Friday gone, I think Salford will spring one on Friday.

Only going down by 18 points, so Wigan 38-20 Salford. Sorry Tony biggrin.gif

No problem, mate. I'd consider that outcome to be a moral victory.

Wigan to win by a lot. I'd rather not be too specific, as it may be held in evidence against me. biggrin.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#4 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

bt too close to call this one, wigan to just sneak it by 40 points laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#5 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Wigan have Roberts, Lockers, Feka and Phelps back, cant see anything other than a big Wigan win tomorrow night. certainly no excuses.

#6 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

Looks like Feka and Phelps won't be playing.
Wigan by 24.

#7 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Wigan by 30 +
Posted Image

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

Point a minute so far

6-0 to Pies

#9 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Ryan Boyle off for Salford.

Most unusual as Salford players don't make tackles

#10 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

30-0

oh god, still 40 mins to go

#11 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

like a training session for Wigan must have blown another dozen chances, no atmosphere in the stadium, fair play to wigan keep up the work rate when their minds must have been on wire arriving at the DW next week.

cant say it was a sending off, it looked a bad one but Thaler had no hesitation in sending him off, he had gone before he showed him the card.

#12 TonyM19

TonyM19
  • Coach
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Looked a harsh sending off to me as well. Fielden was on his feet almost immediately. I couldn't see what Prescott was put on report for. Anybody see anything in the tackle he was pulled up for?

#13 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

I think possible chicken wing tackle.... I dont rate prescott, never have done, hope we let him go at end of the season.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,087 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (TonyM19 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looked a harsh sending off to me as well. Fielden was on his feet almost immediately. I couldn't see what Prescott was put on report for. Anybody see anything in the tackle he was pulled up for?

Prescott got pulled for a chiken wing, the sending off; didn't really see it from where I was but the ref was on the spot and quick to decide. Could have been harsh or could have been correct I haven't a clue.

Fair play to Salford who never decided to throw in the towel despite a mounting scoreline and a Wigan back line that was running hot.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:01 AM

Ouch! sad.gif

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 Carnie's Cover

Carnie's Cover
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 9 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prescott got pulled for a chiken wing, the sending off; didn't really see it from where I was but the ref was on the spot and quick to decide. Could have been harsh or could have been correct I haven't a clue.

Fair play to Salford who never decided to throw in the towel despite a mounting scoreline and a Wigan back line that was running hot.

Child set the president last week with Coleys sending off, thaler continued that and it will continue until an incident involving Morley or Peacock and it will be back to 'nothing to see here'

#17 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Carnie's Cover @ Jul 10 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Child set the president last week with Coleys sending off, thaler continued that and it will continue until an incident involving Morley or Peacock and it will be back to 'nothing to see here'

Cynic wink.gif

Would offer my view of the Boyle incident if I could, but my angle of view was blocked by other Salford defenders so can't provide a definitive opinion either way until I see a TV replay.

Had a clear view of the Prescott one - straight away I thought chicken wing before the penalty was even given. Very daft and should get a ban, but has the RFL set a dangerous precedent of letting off a repeat offender of the same technique with only a fine?

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#18 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

I thought it was a poor tackle by Boyle but a sending off was a bit harsh.

I thought Boyle suffered because of a poor decision made by Child and Bentham in the South of France last weekend and an even worse one made by the disciplinary committee in Leeds on Tuesday.

Coley should not have been sent off nor should he have been banned and any fair minded person knows this.

As soon as Boyle hit Fielden the crowd erupted and "justice" had to be seen to be done - Thaler knew it and so did Boyle who was already walking off before the ref had given his decision.

I suppose for the sake of consistency we should be pleased but I doubt that the referee's decision will be the same the next time we see Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Morley or Carvell decapitate someone.

As for Prescott's chicken wing tackle, the decision was correct and as more than one Leeds player has been left unpunished for serial offences of this nature, I would fully expect Prescott to receive a ban.

In the build up to the Wires v Wigan game Morley and Carvell were both allowed to play after committing shocking tackles against Cas - it will be typically RFL-like if we have two props banned from the return fixture for doing next to nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users