1. Castleford, Wakefield Trinity and Featherstone Rovers would form Calder
2. Hull FC and Hull Kingston Rovers would form Hull"
3. Whitehaven, Workington Town, Barrow and Carlisle would form Cumbria
4. Warrington and Widnes were to form Cheshire
5. Salford and Oldham were to form Manchester
6. Sheffield and Doncaster were to form South Yorkshire
They were to be included with the following stand-alone clubs: St Helens, Wigan, Leeds, Bradford Northern, Halifax, London, Paris and Toulouse.
Which of these would have been better than the current situation for clubs in that area and which will eventually happen anyway?
In my opinion 3, 5 and 6 are arguably better than what we have now in those areas
In my opinion 1, a version of 3 and 6 may well eventually happen to get a club into SL from those areas as Wakey & Cas are stymied by a lack of decent stadium and the Marras go ahead without the other 2 listed (who ironically merged 11 years ago).
The ludicrous petition and associated threads made me curious.
I would suggest the winners from this NOT happening as planned have been Wire Hull FC & HKR, all of which have gone on to be successful on their own.
Just to add, Halifax & Toulouse may well get back to where they were envisaged in 1995 in the next round of licences
Edited by nec, 21 July 2010 - 03:14 PM.