Matt Orford wants to go back to Australia. Parramatta is interested.

That article has nothing from the Raiders saying they're interested in Orford. Also, fans are much more interested in Kimmorley than Orford.

This article states the Raiders' position quite clearly.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...1-23214,00.html

The Fox Sports article contains the following passage:

"Despite Bradford declaring they wanted to see him play out his contract, the 32-year-old is reportedly keen to return to the NRL, where he is believed to be chasing a two-year deal. "

So it offers further evidence that Orford does want to go back to Australia!

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Despite Bradford declaring they wanted to see him play out his contract, the 32-year-old is reportedly keen to return to the NRL, where he is believed to be chasing a two-year deal. "

How, anything from Orford, or is it just more paper talk?

The Aussies can have him. He's 32, was injured when he came and then got further injured to write off his season. When he did play, he didn't set the world on fire. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we'd have been better sticking with Paul Deacon for another season.

We'd be better off saving Orford's 2011 salary and spending it on a younger proven halfback with organisational skills and a kicking game. Step forward Leon Pryce.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Aussies can have him. He's 32, was injured when he came and then got further injured to write off his season. When he did play, he didn't set the world on fire. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we'd have been better sticking with Paul Deacon for another season.

We'd be better off saving Orford's 2011 salary and spending it on a younger proven halfback with organisational skills and a kicking game. Step forward Leon Pryce.

Why? Is he stood in the way of an organiser with a kicking game?

I admit that we could do with him, but he wouldn't bring those skills.

People called Romans they go the house

I recall the Storm beating Leeds last year in a crappy game.

I recall the Storm being stripped of that for being cheats

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Does it male genitals. Its the same one bit of paper talk male genitals continually regurgitated. And it fails to quote properly what the Bulls statement said, which would show that comment in a totally different light.

As it happens, I am reliably informed that Orford's agent specifically told the club a bit ago - when he met with them over another of his clients - that the stories were garbage. And he would stand to gain if they were not.

As I said, you are totally and utterly incapable of providing any evidence whatsoever of Orford ever saying that.

Either provide some evidence or just shut up, eh?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Look mate, I have no idea whether he'll be back or not, but he says he will be. You really can't keep asking him to re-confirm it every time some junk source says he doing this, that or the other. Getting 'news' from Fox is as useless as reading something in the Sun; unreliable at the very very best, and just accepting it as true is just laughable to be honest.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Getting 'news' from Fox is as useless as reading something in the Sun; unreliable at the very very best, and just accepting it as true is just laughable to be honest.

Its as accurate as an articlye from over 6 weeks ago saying he's in for the long haul.

Questions include -

Why is he in Australia recovering?

A contract is easily negotiable - plus it would get him off Bradford's wage bill rather than playing 12/30 odd games.

What makes the T&A (rofl) any more reputable than the SMH or Fox?

PHOTO_6267313_7691_3768222_ap_320X240.jpg

Its as accurate as an articlye from over 6 weeks ago saying he's in for the long haul.

Questions include -

A contract is easily negotiable - plus it would get him off Bradford's wage bill rather than playing 12/30 odd games.

If you really think such as Fox are reliable 'news' outlets then I'll mark you down as an even more unreliable poster than I thought. :rolleyes:

PS I thank your for your interest in our club. B)

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

The Bradford journalists -- if that is what the T & A writers consider themselves -- are so damned lazy.

In 8 hours from now I will call some journalist friends in Australia to see if they know anything solid about Orford and his attitude to Bradford.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

The Bradford journalists -- if that is what the T & A writers consider themselves -- are so damned lazy.

In 8 hours from now I will call some journalist friends in Australia to see if they know anything solid about Orford and his attitude to Bradford.

Well done, have a biscuit!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

You have friends?

People called Romans they go the house

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Attention-seeking trolls like "Paris SurTout" and NE are the principal reason I rarely post on here. I know numerous other people who say the same. If John Drake could come up with some algorithm that examines posts and identifies the characteristics of an attention-seeking troll, and then deletes them - ideally with the author as well - I bet the traffic on the site would increase significantly.

Not just a problem here, of course.

Maybe a bazooka would be an alternative?

There's always this option: How to automatically ignore all postings on this forum by people you simply cannot abide.

I only have one complete tool on ignore.

Coincedentally, I wonder how long it will be before Webby comes on here wittering about putting people on ignore. Blah, blah, blah. Yawn. He should stick to writing the unfunny Red Hall Diaries. He isn't a good Webmaster anymore...

:lol: :lol: ;) Only kidding John!

Questions include -

In this case, the fact that their piece actually includes an interview and quotes from the man himself, something i have so far failed to see in any of the Australian articles. Still, when has anything factual ever got in the way of your laughable, irony free musings eh?

And you still get to see the dross when people quote them, and the threads still get derailed, and the trollthreads still get started, whether or not you have the culprit/s on "ignore". So its as you were John, wish it was otherwise (

And you still get to see the dross when people quote them, and the threads still get derailed, and the trollthreads still get started, whether or not you have the culprit/s on "ignore". So its as you were John, wish it was otherwise (

Ah well, tried me best.

I only have one complete tool on ignore.

Coincedentally, I wonder how long it will be before Webby comes on here wittering about putting people on ignore. Blah, blah, blah. Yawn. He should stick to writing the unfunny Red Hall Diaries. He isn't a good Webmaster anymore...

:lol: :lol: ;) Only kidding John!

Did someone say something...?

;)