Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls v Catalans Dragons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford Bulls v Catalans Dragons (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Catalans (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,845 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:35 AM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

One team struggling at the moment v Catalans, thought this one would be pretty obvious really.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

It totally depnds whether Cats have their mind on the Cup or are still fired up from beating Warrington. If they are off their game for 70+ minutes, Bulls may scrape this one, if not another defeat.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

depends how many catalan rest really, if they play full side id say cats by 14 if they rest a load id say cats by 4 laugh.gif laugh.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

Catalans by a cricket score
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

I'd have to go for Catalans, if Bradford ever had a chance this week is it, however I'll air on the side of caution depression! The Bulls should win, and if they do it will be no surprise, however this disappointment will most likely continue. Catalans have something to play for.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Looking foward to this game.

It really is must win if we are to make the play-offs.

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 28 2010, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking foward to this game.

It really is must win if we are to make the play-offs.

laugh.gif You never give up do you? wink.gif

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#9 dunno much

dunno much
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (jackknife @ Jul 28 2010, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
depends how many catalan rest really, if they play full side id say cats by 14 if they rest a load id say cats by 4 laugh.gif laugh.gif

Won't be resting anyone, in fact have a few injured players returning.

#10 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Johnoco @ Jul 28 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif You never give up do you? wink.gif

If we pick my team then we have a chance John cool.gif

Finnigan
Sheriffe
Platt
Nero
Halley
Sykes
Kearney
Lynch
L'Estrange
Kopzcak
Whitehead
Langley
Menzies

Godwin
Crossley
Hall
Addy

#11 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (dunno much @ Jul 28 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Won't be resting anyone, in fact have a few injured players returning.

Yes I see that James Child will be playing at Odsal on Sunday biggrin.gif wink.gif

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 28 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we pick my team then we have a chance John cool.gif

Finnigan
Sheriffe
Platt
Nero
Halley
Sykes
Kearney
Lynch
L'Estrange
Kopzcak
Whitehead
Langley
Menzies

Godwin
Crossley
Hall
Addy

I think the good Burgess twin needs a run out, had enough of Hall.

I still reckon Reardon is worth a shout, left wing is a problem because of Nero, an attacking centre but hardly gets the ball to his winger, nevermind in good position, Senior he is not. Good strong runner but either takes the tackle or gives a poor ball, with one or two exceptions.

Sod it, get Southernwood some smashed practice against Elima, Ferriol, Fakir, and Guisset, etc. it'll put hairs on his chest!

Even though we've been ######, Sykes has actually a lot to prove after his performances before the ban.

Whitehead, although still young, needs to learn to take the outside option, did well to gift Reardon a try at Craven Park though.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 28 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the good Burgess twin needs a run out, had enough of Hall.

I still reckon Reardon is worth a shout, left wing is a problem because of Nero, an attacking centre but hardly gets the ball to his winger, nevermind in good position, Senior he is not. Good strong runner but either takes the tackle or gives a poor ball, with one or two exceptions.

Sod it, get Southernwood some smashed practice against Elima, Ferriol, Fakir, and Guisset, etc. it'll put hairs on his chest!

Even though we've been ######, Sykes has actually a lot to prove after his performances before the ban.

Whitehead, although still young, needs to learn to take the outside option, did well to gift Reardon a try at Craven Park though.

Agree about giving Southernwood some more game time as he looked good during the U20 match vs Hull KR last Saturday gone, scoring a good try and kicking goals from the touchline (something we have needed this year).

Reardon for mine is just like Worrincy = poor in defence and it's the big D that wins you the games.

I just hope the crowd isn't any lower, because it'll mean even less money to spend next year.

#14 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

On the face of it, Catalans victory. The likes of Bosc and Sherwin will kick Bradford to death IMO and Greenshields will have a field day with the Bulls' defence.

That said, shocks have not been uncommon this season so Bulls will always have a chance of upsetting the applecart somewhat.

#15 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

Bit of a re-jig but we have to get away from Sykes at stand offunless he is stand off to a recognised, experienced scrum-half where he is at hisbest. He can't carry the tea, whatsoever as he hasn't the all round ability. How's about Platt back at full-back. Strong fast runner and now we've nothing to lose. I wouldn't hae Worrincy, Sheriffe and relunctantly Reardon out of the team and bags packed for pastures new......

Sykes
Finnigan
Platt
Nero
Halley
L'Estrange
Kearney
Lynch
Godwin
Kopzcak
Whitehead
Langley
Menzies

Crossley
G.Burgess
Addy
Wardle

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,537 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

OMG WTF!!!! Bulls to win......Now that must be a first. wink.gif
infront of 6576 fans.

#17 Bulligerent

Bulligerent
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 30 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG WTF!!!! Bulls to win......Now that must be a first. wink.gif
infront of 6576 fans.

Sadly, i think your crowd figure may be a little optimistic given that Cats are going to bring less than Salford did and the weekend is looking unsettled weather wise. I reckon we could see a sub-6,000 attendance and the decision of the Board to sit on their hands for the last 2-3 years continues to come home to roost.

#18 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,537 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Bulligerent @ Jul 30 2010, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly, i think your crowd figure may be a little optimistic given that Cats are going to bring less than Salford did and the weekend is looking unsettled weather wise. I reckon we could see a sub-6,000 attendance and the decision of the Board to sit on their hands for the last 2-3 years continues to come home to roost.

I was just creating some banter, I do think Bulls will win and seriously hope the crowd isn't sub 6K

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:12 PM

If we were to lose again, I'd rather it be this week...

... cos Kenny's on holiday! biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

Well it worked last week, so , Bradford to win by 10 wink.gif
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users