• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Aug 9 2010, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Featherstone have a scholarship program, have done for a while I think.

http://www.featherst...age.php?id=1195

Yes. But to be part of the RFL's scholarship/academy programme - and play the other club's academies - you have to abide by their ludicrous rules with regards to paying scholarship players a certain amount. The amount is set for Super League clubs, but doesn't take into account the financial strain that paying such a high amount would have on Championship clubs.

Fev and others in the Championship tick all the boxes and genuinely want to devote more effort to their academies, but the RFL's performance department are throwing obstacles in their way.

Strangely, other RFL departments can't believe the stance the 'Performance' team (Barrie Jon Mather etc) are taking. Ridiculous.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#42 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (RP London @ Aug 9 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but yet if they win everything infront of them then it will help.. thats the point

But the performance box can only be ticked once. You could win both Grand Finals, both NR Cups, and fall down on Youth Structure / Turnover / Crowds and be kept out.

Simples.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#43 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

The turnover and crowds criteria were invented last week and pulled out of a hat in order to favour Widnes. We've ticked the devlopment box for years passim.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#44 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Bomb Jack @ Aug 9 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the performance box can only be ticked once. You could win both Grand Finals, both NR Cups, and fall down on Youth Structure / Turnover / Crowds and be kept out.

Simples.

yes of course you could but as i said in my original point you can do that but its dangeours as one of the other 3 clubs (who could have been kept out) may have these already ticked or have them ticked better/have a generally better application etc..

I was simply saying that if you win everything you can stop anther 3 clubs having a go and as i said you can take the attitude "right job done move on" but its a dangerous one to take.

Simples

#45 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,594 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

whilst I have some sympathy with the view, why hs it taken until the end of the season to be raised?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users