What should the referee have done?

What should he have done?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Pick three - One for Radford, one for Bailey, and one for the penalty.

• Radford red
    • Radford yellow
    • Radford nothing
    • Bailey red
    • Bailey yellow
    • Bailey nothing
    • Penalty - Hull
    • Penalty - Leeds

there's got to be Whiskas joke in there..but I'm struggling :D

8 out of 10 Bradford fans love me really! :)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're allowed to break someones nose, shatter someones cheekbone or give someone a little old broken jaw if you have a previous good record? I don't think so. Bailey received a cut to his eye from a cowardly cheap shot while he was on the floor. Radfords previous conduct has absolutely nothing to do with his cowardly actions on saturday.

That isn't what it says, it says that a good record will be taken into account, not that it will inevitably play a key role in the decision no matter how bad the offence was. How exactly is considering a player's past record the same as saying it's ok to maliciously hurt someone?

It's also worth noting that Bailey's elbowing or attempted head butt could quite easily have caused one of the injuries that you mention.

That isn't what it says, it says that a good record will be taken into account, not that it will inevitably play a key role in the decision no matter how bad the offence was. How exactly is considering a player's past record the same as saying it's ok to maliciously hurt someone?

It's also worth noting that Bailey's elbowing or attempted head butt could quite easily have caused one of the injuries that you mention.

I think you're getting a little confused fussy one. The point i am making is that a previous record simply doesn't come into the equation in some cases, unlike the contributor that thinks a previously good record allows you a more lenient judgement from the panel when you are trying to hurt someone intentionally. Carl Ablett had an exemplary record when he went before the disciplinary panel for the Tomkins incident, he had never been in trouble throughout his entire career. It didn't stop the panel throwing the book at him with a 3 match ban, and rightly so because what he did was dangerous and could have caused serious injury. Why should Radfords previous record be taken into account when he was trying to cause serious injury?

I think you're getting a little confused fussy one. The point i am making is that a previous record simply doesn't come into the equation in some cases, unlike the contributor that thinks a previously good record allows you a more lenient judgement from the panel when you are trying to hurt someone intentionally. Carl Ablett had an exemplary record when he went before the disciplinary panel for the Tomkins incident, he had never been in trouble throughout his entire career. It didn't stop the panel throwing the book at him with a 3 match ban, and rightly so because what he did was dangerous and could have caused serious injury. Why should Radfords previous record be taken into account when he was trying to cause serious injury?

You're trying to compare apples with oranges.

Carl Ablett was given a lengthy ban because what he did was very dangerous, unprovoked, and went unpunished during the game.

Lee Radford's actions were also very dangerous, but they were provoked, and he has already been partly punished by being sent off.

Lee Radford also has a lot longer a record in the game to judge than Carl Ablett. You look at people's past records to judge their character. How many times has Radford lost his rag in 13 years? Now, if you were comparing that to someone like Ben Cockayne (who has been sin-binned 1-2 times a season for every SL season he's been in and seems to lose his rag all the time) then you will see why they do it. Persistent offenders get bigger punishments. That's the way it is and that's the way it should be.

Not everything is one or the other.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Incident considered Use of forearm in 10th minute (Radford)

Player attempts to regain feet and play the ball, forearm makes unintentional contact with opponent, provokes opponent but no misconduct

No charge

Thats surprised me, wonder if they actually watch the DVD :lol:

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Fair enough, it would seem that we're in agreement that the good record shouldn't come into effect if the offence is bad enough.

In this instance I personally don't think Radford should be banned, especially since they've been so infuriatingly lenient with Bailey, how he hasn't been charged for at least the head butt I don't know. Anyhow plenty has been said about this so personally I'll be giving less thought to it and concentrate on looking forward to the play offs :D

Incident considered Use of forearm in 10th minute (Radford)

Player attempts to regain feet and play the ball, forearm makes unintentional contact with opponent, provokes opponent but no misconduct

No charge

Thats surprised me, wonder if they actually watch the DVD :lol:

:blink:

Is that from the hearing? Which game where they watching?!

Just looked through his stats back to 2003 on the Superleague website and it says he's had 4 yellow cards but no red ones. Radford has one yellow and obviously the red that he got on Saturday. We very rarely see the red card though so obviously it's hard to gain too much from that.

Lee Radford's record since 2008:

ON/638/10 Lee Radford Hull FC Hull FC v Leeds 04/09/10

ON/675/09 Lee Radford Hull FC Hull FC v Harlequins 21/08/09

ON/453/08 Lee Radford Hull FC Wakefield v Hull FC 12/07/08

ON/433/08 Lee Radford Hull FC Hull FC v Catalans 06/07/08

Ryan Bailey's record since 2008:

ON/637/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Hull FC v Leeds 04/09/10

ON/629/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Warrington v Leeds 28/08/10

ON/567/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Wigan 30/07/10

ON/500/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Hull KR v Leeds 09/07/10

ON/492/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v St Helens 03/07/10

ON/363/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Bradford v Leeds 23/05/10

ON/212/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds V Hull FC 11/04/10

ON/168/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Bradford 01/04/10

ON/152/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Wigan v Leeds 26/03/10

ON/36/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Wakefield v Leeds 14/02/10

ON/08/10 Ryan Bailey Leeds Crusaders v Leeds 29/01/10

ON/776/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Catalans 02/10/09

ON/130/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds St Helens v Leeds 20/03/09

ON/133/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds St Helens v Leeds 20/03/09

ON/84/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds Warrington v Leeds 08/03/09

ON/85/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds Warrington v Leeds 08/03/09

ON/85/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds Warrington v Leeds 08/03/09 [Appealed, but ignored]

ON/14/09 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds-v-Wakefield 13/02/09

ON/686/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v Wigan 26/09/08

ON/667/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds St Helens v Leeds 19/09/08

ON/381/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds v St Helens 20/06/08

ON/326/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds V Wigan 31/05/08

ON/329/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds Leeds V Wigan 31/05/08

ON/114/08 Ryan Bailey Leeds Castleford v Leeds 07/03/08

Up in front of the panel 11 times out of 33 possible games this year. So about once every three games.

But he doesn't ever do anything wrong does Ryan :rolleyes:

And after a quick read through them, how many warning letters, cautions and fines does he need to get for a ban for persistent offending?!

Is there a player with a longer list of visits to Red Hall in the last three years?

Up in front of the panel 11 times out of 33 possible games this year. So about once every three games.

And after a quick read through them, how many warning letters, cautions and fines does he need to get for a ban for persistent offending?!

Is there a player with a longer list of visits to Red Hall in the last three years?

Red Hall has an off-season ceremony scheduled to name the 'Ryan Bailey' (chicken) wing in his honour.

In fairness, Joel Tomkins is also accruing a lot cases at the disciplinary, but less visits.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

That says it all really, makes a mockery of the stats I posted :lol: also raises the more serious question of why this is being allowed to happen without consequence

When the Leeds players came in, notice that not one of them had a pop at Radford, they just held him back. If he had behaved as outrageously as some are suggesting then don't you think their reaction would have been a bit stronger? Brent Webb was stood there laughing!

Good point. Leeds did not back their man. It is not clear to me if Bailey deliberately elbowed Radford, but his reputation went before him. Peacock's comments were interesting as well.

Good point. Leeds did not back their man. It is not clear to me if Bailey deliberately elbowed Radford, but his reputation went before him. Peacock's comments were interesting as well.

Very strong way of putting it, Leeds didn't back their man. I commented something similar at the time, but that really hits the nail on the head. Buderus, in full view of seeing Bailey get leathered, only bearhugged him to stop the punches. Senior, who is usually trigger happy when the fists start flying, had a look concern on his face.

Either they couldn't be bothered to scrap, aren't that fond of Bailey enough to defend him, all respect Radford too much to hit him, or they bottled it!

Very strong way of putting it, Leeds didn't back their man. I commented something similar at the time, but that really hits the nail on the head. Buderus, in full view of seeing Bailey get leathered, only bearhugged him to stop the punches. Senior, who is usually trigger happy when the fists start flying, had a look concern on his face.

Either they couldn't be bothered to scrap, aren't that fond of Bailey enough to defend him, all respect Radford too much to hit him, or they bottled it!

They were probably happy enough to watch "The pretend rocky" get sent off rather than get involved and be sent off themselves. Thanks for 4th place Radford ;) . When the little red robin comes bob bob bobbing along next week and the pseudo-hardman is sat on the bench watching his team mates struggle he'll probably realise what a ##### he's been.

They were probably happy enough to watch "The pretend rocky" get sent off rather than get involved and be sent off themselves. Thanks for 4th place Radford ;) . When the little red robin comes bob bob bobbing along next week and the pseudo-hardman is sat on the bench watching his team mates struggle he'll probably realise what a ##### he's been.

It may dawn on him - sadly I don't think it will you!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

It may dawn on him - sadly I don't think it will you!

It doesn't come naturally to Lee Radford.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Come on mate the comparison to Rocky is awful... he would never hit a floored, defenceless man :P then again Bailey's attitude makes Clubber Lang's look angelic so you never know :dry:

It's OK, we'vegot Ewan Dowes who can replace him. I'm sure he can have as little impact going forward as Radford anyway, shouldn't make too much difference!

And clearly Bailey wasn't happy enough to watch him get sent off! But obviously he can do what he likes and get away with it.

4th won't make any difference for your lot anyway when you inevitably get beat by Wigan and then whoever comes up from the rest, because quite frankly your form is shocking! And I find it amusing that someone tried to blame injuries!