Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote

#41 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Sep 12 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put it on mute, he's unbearable when Wigan play, id drop him for their games, let him do everyone else

It was bad enough when Leeds scored their first try and Clarke blubbered, "Only after three back-to-back penalties."

sad.gif

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#42 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

Poor refereeing decision there, Tomkins should have been red-carded for that kick!

#43 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Just Browny @ Sep 12 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was bad enough when Leeds scored their first try and Clarke blubbered, "Only after three back-to-back penalties."

sad.gif

How sour did that come across

Phil Clarke last week "Radford had to go, you cant touch a man like that when hes on the ground"

Phil Clarke this week " You cant give him 10 for that, he didnt touch him very hard"

You couldnt make it up laugh.gif

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#44 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Buderus is lucky. Good job he was making a genuine two arm tackle and didn't go round the legs. More momentum than a lift and drop. Shocking that Tomkins was not given at least 10 and put on report. Jordan Jmes and Crusadrs must feel victimeised for being so harshly punished for absolutely nothing. Given that there are so few full time refs Cummings appears to be completely unable to prevent such glaring differences in performance.

#45 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Just Browny @ Sep 12 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif

He's right though. Leeds are right back in the game because of a string of stupid penalties given away. No wonder Mcguire is doin his nut at half time. Very frustrating to watch as a Wigan fan I can tell you.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#46 beaker080977

beaker080977
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Turn it in!!

Phil Clarke is nothing compared to Eddie waxing lyrical over his beloved McGuire and Sinfield. They can do no wrong! McGuire thinks he can lash out every time he is tackled but that wasn't noticed! Tompkins is stupid kicking out, just wait until he has the ball in his hands next and give him a good legal hard hit!!

Wigans problem after the first 20 mins is that they are not as good at lying on in the tackle as Leeds! Its ruining the game in my opinion. I appreciate that every team does it but not as consistantly as Leeds with the same offenders every week, Sinfield, Senior and Diskin being the main culprits

Come on Wigan in the second half!!

#47 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

Please keep the unbiased commentry going in the second half lads, I need it. wink.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#48 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

X 2 (oops)

Edited by Padge, 12 September 2010 - 06:48 PM.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#49 beaker080977

beaker080977
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

Turn it in!!

Phil Clarke is nothing compared to Eddie waxing lyrical over his beloved McGuire and Sinfield. They can do no wrong! McGuire thinks he can lash out every time he is tackled but that wasn't noticed! Tompkins is stupid kicking out, just wait until he has the ball in his hands next and give him a good legal hard hit!!

Wigans problem after the first 20 mins is that they are not as good at lying on in the tackle as Leeds! Its ruining the game in my opinion. I appreciate that every team does it but not as consistantly as Leeds with the same offenders every week, Sinfield, Senior and Diskin being the main culprits

Come on Wigan in the second half!!

#50 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

mcguire try kick to come

#51 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I cant believe I am gonna say this but.....come on Wigan ohmy.gif

I dont want clubcall sad.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#52 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

sinfield trying to ref AGAIN,

#53 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

I wonder how many points Leeds have scored since Ryan Bailey's been off the field?! Genuinely. I reckon it could be all of them! biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#54 beaker080977

beaker080977
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

Why won't Hemmings keep his own opinions to himself and just commentate!!

If Leeds stopped ****ing about at the play of the ball and played properly then they wouldn't get penalised.

Hemmings limited brain isn't able to see that!

#55 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

I feel like I'm watching Premiership soccer at the moment. There's rather a lot of cheating going on. Sam Tomkins being the main culprit with his trapping of the defender's arm twice already.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#56 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,229 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 12 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel like I'm watching Premiership soccer at the moment. There's rather a lot of cheating going on. Sam Tomkins being the main culprit with his trapping of the defender's arm twice already.

That stuff needs sorting out, to much is creeping in.

#57 beaker080977

beaker080977
  • Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

I repeat....

If Leeds weren't messing round trying to wrestle player on their backs then Tompkins wouldn't have a chance to do anything!!!!!

#58 StevieM13

StevieM13
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hull vs Hull KR gets three full time refs, this game gets the worst weakest referee of all.
Alibert is terrible tonight, totally out of his depth.

#59 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

Got it 5 live extra, and yes, they said Tomkins gets awarded dubious penalties, he's renowned for it.
Enthralling game though, and decent commentary not a pair of muppets.
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#60 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

what time does the wigan walk start?