Rovers v London and Sheffield match threads.

pont rover

With it been two games in a short space of time I decided to group both games together, at last nights forum Andy Hay and Mark Campbell gave some team news apart from a few bumps and bruises from the Dewsbury match, also ready for selection this Friday are Gareth Moore, Andy Ellis, Jack Bussey, Thomas Minns and hopefully James Mendeika. not so good news on  Matt Nicholson who looks like been out for the season after having another knee operation, Liam Walmsley still having problems with his wrist and Garreth Carvell to have knee surgery after Easter then be out between 4 and 6 weeks after operation.

Mark couldn't comment on the James Lockwood situation, but on the positives the injuries seem to be easing and hopefully see Ryan Verlinden and Reni Maitua at the club very soon......UTR

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teasdale not mentioned again ,I know he is fit just not being picked saw him at the Dewsbury match Hay never mentions him and said he was unavailable in the paper when he was .Its not good for him not playing perhaps he should have a go at union or go on loan works for the rhinos.

The hooking posistion is probably the only posistion where everyone who is playing there is playing well consistently - dont think you can drop the current two after fridays performance, however with 2 games in 3 days i can see squad changes

Would like to be bold and make predictions for the games

London  Rovers to win by  10

Sheffield  Rovers to win by 4 points

Agree with you on the london  score but i think we will beat shef by at least 10 we as fans seem to pay to much respect to shef  

To be honest i think we played them 3 times last season and beat them twice and we are getting better every week the lads know what needs to be done so i think they will come out ready to go and hopefully finish the game with a good win.UTR

as   i   have   stated   in   an   earlier   post    bradford   leigh    and   sheffield   will   be   the   top   three.we   need to   beat    haliufax   at   home,  and   do   the    double    over   london  and   batley    and   that   should    secure   fourth   place.as   always   looking   forward   to   our   trip   to   the   mount   in   two   weeks   time   lets   hope   the    weather   stays   nice.

as   i   have   stated   in   an   earlier   post    bradford   leigh    and   sheffield   will   be   the   top   three.we   need to   beat    haliufax   at   home,  and   do   the    double    over   london  and   batley    and   that   should    secure   fourth   place.as   always   looking   forward   to   our   trip   to   the   mount   in   two   weeks   time   lets   hope   the    weather   stays   nice.

I'm not sure the evidence is there yet that Sheffield are definitely better than us. Remember, their position in the table might be a bit misleading as they haven't played Leigh or Bradford (or us) yet this season, and although they were impressive beating London at home, London have been very poor away (lost at Whitehaven) and reports from most of Sheffield's games this season apart from the London one suggest they have been workmanlike at best. They have a big advantage on Monday in terms of having a 5-day turnaround as opposed to a 3-day one but as has been the case for several seasons now between Fev & Sheffield it's hard to predict who will win, and all down to who performs on the day.

were is the evidence that sheffield are better than us? still think we will beat them by at least 10  just my opinion but i think sheffield will struggle to get in top four  

were is the evidence that sheffield are better than us? still think we will beat them by at least 10  just my opinion but i think sheffield will struggle to get in top four  

Don't think Sheffield will be in top 4 to be honest. Lots of tough games for them yet to come. The first being Monday.

shef need to prove them selfs monday and i cant see them beating us and no top 4 for them in my opinion.Well off to match na COME ON THE LADS  

Rovers 4 London 6 half time score,London playing conditions slightly better..UTR

we must have the dumbest set of players in the league, lucky at dewsbury, stupid individual lunacy sent us in level at ht when in control.

All the talk was we were going to walk it ,who do you think will win Monday at this rate Sheffield.where was Ellis and young Teasdale and moore.

Poor today and we will be lucky to finish in top 4 at this rate Wish the club would realise Moore is the best half back we have and needs to play someone tell me Ellis is injured

Poor today and we will be lucky to finish in top 4 at this rate Wish the club would realise Moore is the best half back we have and needs to play someone tell me Ellis is injured

ellis not injured he wasn't selected last week when fit and decided keeping same team was a good plan.

Archived