game off

Robin  Evans

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a phone call from somebody at 2.25pm who had gone to Hunslet for the game and quiet a few more had turned up aswell.

Im Fev and im proud

Slightly bemused by the decision today

I was one of those unfortunate enough to turn up at Hunslet. Nothing would have made me check if the game was on or not today, as I believed the conditions would have been perfectly acceptable ?

Air temperatures have been at +4/5 deg since 9:30 this morning with full sun.

True, the nights have been very cold but if the game at Rams went ahead, what's the difference at the South Leeds Stadium, both are high up and open to the elements. ?

Surely the pitch wouldn't be rutted or dangerous, it will be just as hard in July and the clubs must surely need the revenue.

Anyway, C'est la vie.

Edited by Andy Stennett

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Ref: S8185

Mobile 07738 528178

Gaz and myself went onto our pitch around 12ish. If we were expecting a game at POR this aft, there is no way the game would have been played on it. I can't imagine the exposed South Leeds pitch being in a much different condition. Our pitch wouldn't have taken a stud and to play it would have been dangerous.

The difference in the summer is that we can at least water the pitch to soften it and leave the grass slightly longer - it would then be firm but yeilding to a stud and as such much less dangerous!

If we'd played today and lost a couple of players through avoidable injuries the decision would have looked daft.

As Andy says - c'est la vie! It'll get played another day.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

i know rugby league is not a game for cissies, but i went to watch cas panthers under 16s v lock lane in the national cup today, and those lads deserved medals for playing in those conditions. i'm glad the lions game was called off. we all like our rugby but you have to consider the players. i agree with you Robin.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Heres the facts.Paul March , Steve Ball , the ref and Daryl Powell went out for the Pitch Inspection.It was agreed that if BOTH Coaches wanted to play the ref said he was prepared to go ahead.Marchy said yes, Daryl Powell indicated he wasnt happy therefore the ref had no alternative to call it off.

fair do's. The coaches were at least given the opportunity to call the risk as they saw it at that time.

I can't verify "the facts", but if a coach thinks the risk to the players is too great, and is given the opportunity to make that call, i will accept that. Regardless of how much i was looking forward to it!

We have said on here so oft how important a good start is. We don't need needless injuries before the season has hardly got underway.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Heres the facts.Paul March , Steve Ball , the ref and Daryl Powell went out for the Pitch Inspection.It was agreed that if BOTH Coaches wanted to play the ref said he was prepared to go ahead.Marchy said yes, Daryl Powell indicated he wasnt happy therefore the ref had no alternative to call it off.

Not surprised by this. Bad conditions will always be a leveller so the weaker team will always want to play.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Yeh Griff our weak very inexperiencd team would have really struggled against you,re old heads, your new PNG lads would certainly have revelled in it, thank god we got lucky when daryl powell said we,ll let you live another day and thankfully for us said i dont fancy it.We got out of jail big time today that,s for sure....

i know rugby league is not a game for cissies, but i went to watch cas panthers under 16s v lock lane in the national cup today, and those lads deserved medals for playing in those conditions. i'm glad the lions game was called off. we all like our rugby but you have to consider the players. i agree with you Robin.

What was the score in the u16s cup tie ?

The Facts, so there was Paul March Steve Ball the Ref Daryl Powell and The King Of Leon on the pitch when DP said he wanted it called off or is that what you were told? just asking like!

Heppy, we wanted to play, you knocked it back.End of.

So it's end of because you say so, even though you haven't said how you know what went on at the pitch inspection. Yeh right!!

You should be happy, it put's off the inevitable for a few more days.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

What was the score in the u16s cup tie ?

can't remember the score, but panthers were well beat in the end. lock lane had too much power up front.

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

can't remember the score, but panthers were well beat in the end. lock lane had too much power up front.

just found it, lane won 36-6

joe mullaney is a god

oldrover.gif

Heppy, we wanted to play, you knocked it back.End of.

Your post made out that it was Featherstone who had the game called off, I don't see why that is an issue I just get sick of the " here are the facts " statements thats why I asked were you out there or were you told if so you don't know for sure FACT! so were you there or not?