Challenge Cup - 5th Round Draw

Dave Naylor

Oh well East Hull ont Costa del Humber, didn't fancy France anyway haha. Be a good day out with the travelling Yeds as always and a chance to see a SL team, few bob in it for us,hopefully a decent match and some stories to be told. The cup is loaded towards SL now anyway,not really much chance of too many giant killing exploits these days as rounds progress. Just enjoy the day out and the match for what it is. Hope we can take a fair few up there,crowd of 3-4k is possible,but cup attendances in the main seem to dwindle year upon year.The cup is unfortunately second fiddle in the RL world to the Grand Final, its lost its magic in many ways over the last few years. Lets just hope for a good performance,no injuries when we get there and a good day out.

It is boring actually because you know like you know hand on heart that we're Definitely going to lose before the game even starts. We will give it a good go but will lose by 30 or 40. So obvious! Don't let anybody fool you! There is zero chance of a shock unless Hull KR were playing a top Championship side. This may put off some travelling supporters making the trip. An equivalent tie in FA Cup in Football say Liverpool V Oldham is more interesting because there is always a slim chance of a shock but in Rugby league there is no hiding place!

They can play without the fear of expectation.They can express themselves.As long as we can get on the scoreboard I'd be happy. We can all be assured that the boys will be grafting for us at Hull KR.

thats exactly why i applauded when Kells scored on sunday....going away, knowing you gave you all and put points on the board against a 'statistically' better team, counts for a lot in my book.

but you never know...all it took was one stone to kill Goliath!!

Some presume that David took five smooth stones instead of just one because he had some doubt. However, there is no indication in the story of David and Goliath that by picking up five smooth stones instead of one that David was doubting God. Rather, David was simply being prepared. What if the Philistines attacked him after he killed Goliath? How would he have defended himself? David was simply being prepared when he took the four additional stones. Also, he couldn’t have known that one stone would be enough to kill the giant. God had not promised that David would kill Goliath with the first stone.

I couldn`t help myself...but it is holy week!

Some presume that David took five smooth stones instead of just one because he had some doubt. However, there is no indication in the story of David and Goliath that by picking up five smooth stones instead of one that David was doubting God. Rather, David was simply being prepared. What if the Philistines attacked him after he killed Goliath? How would he have defended himself? David was simply being prepared when he took the four additional stones. Also, he couldn’t have known that one stone would be enough to kill the giant. God had not promised that David would kill Goliath with the first stone.

theres not a lot i can say to that......

Its a cold wind that blows off them there Docks , never forget Charlie Mc gettin loaded onto that posh stretcher they had , they picked him up, and walked 3 paces and just dumped him off in the middle of the pitch on the floor , he was too heavy for the four of them . . .  it was so funny you couldnt help but laugh :biggrin:

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Its a cold wind that blows off them there Docks , never forget Charlie Mc gettin loaded onto that posh stretcher they had , they picked him up, and walked 3 paces and just dumped him off in the middle of the pitch on the floor , he was too heavy for the four of them . . . it was so funny you couldnt help but laugh :biggrin:

Heh Heh I remember that. Wasn't that the very first match to be played at their new ground?

Brilliant - absolutely brilliant

Archived