Give Schoey a chance as coach..

creditwhereitsdews

Think most fans would agree that Morrison has gone as far as he can as coach, and unfortunately it seems he isn't going to walk out on his contract.

If the club wants to get rid of him and not lose out financially, why not give Jonathan Schofield a chance as coach? He had great success with the Reserve team, brought through some young players who have held their own at Championship level and fostered a great team spirit.

Schofield is already contracted to the club, so why not allow him an opportunity to prove himself - maybe with Karl Pryce as his assistant? Can't see how they could be any worse than the current incumbent and it wouldn't cost the club any more than it is currently paying.

It would cost the club more , first pay GMs contract then increase Schofields wage unless he would accept a promotion and all the extra responsibility for zero extra pay.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

2 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Think most fans would agree that Morrison has gone as far as he can as coach, and unfortunately it seems he isn't going to walk out on his contract.

If the club wants to get rid of him and not lose out financially, why not give Jonathan Schofield a chance as coach? He had great success with the Reserve team, brought through some young players who have held their own at Championship level and fostered a great team spirit.

Schofield is already contracted to the club, so why not allow him an opportunity to prove himself - maybe with Karl Pryce as his assistant? Can't see how they could be any worse than the current incumbent and it wouldn't cost the club any more than it is currently paying.

Nah, it wants a complete clear out of the yes men from the Morrison era .

However I think JS is a good coach which he is

The problem for him being coach is the current band of well travelled players might deem it not an option been told how to suck eggs from a whipper snapper,a lad who was a far better coach than a player..which has been proved with his team (morrisons cast offs) winning the league and out playing the first team in the entertainment stakes most weeks.

I'd prefer a tactical coach who JS can learn more from

Maybe a Phil vievers type

Which will add strings to his bow

Ya can't learn nowt from a megalomaniac with dreams of world domination within the sport...

For that you've to be humble

Anyone who thinks Schofields the answer is laughable. Need a complete new coaching team if Morrison is to leave. One who doesn't abuse the dual reg system ,lying to supporters , but worse ruining a players confidence in him by playing a wakefield player ahead of them unfairly. One who as good man management skills who can motivate and get the best out of his team. Entertain the fans. Get the fans back. I've nothing against Morrison as a person. Just know nows time for a change. We did have afew exciting years with him but he's took us as far as he can. We cant afford to lose 3-400 home fans. There will only be 400 of us there Sunday. 

21 minutes ago, christheram said:

Anyone who thinks Schofields the answer is laughable. Need a complete new coaching team if Morrison is to leave. One who doesn't abuse the dual reg system ,lying to supporters , but worse ruining a players confidence in him by playing a wakefield player ahead of them unfairly. One who as good man management skills who can motivate and get the best out of his team. Entertain the fans. Get the fans back. I've nothing against Morrison as a person. Just know nows time for a change. We did have afew exciting years with him but he's took us as far as he can. We cant afford to lose 3-400 home fans. There will only be 400 of us there Sunday. 

Don't think Andy kelly,Warren jowett or Andy fisher are doing owt

I'll give tony fisher a ring ;)

11 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Liam Finn, player coach and fill our half back void too? 

Yeah I could go with that idea

Think we need Rex Harrison more than Karl Harrison

Specially after having 

Dr dolittle to impress the fans over the past 4 years 

Surely there's a website called

Webuyanycrapcoach.com

Where you can sell your tired,uninterested, inconsistent coach

And upgrade to a more passionate new model full of enthusiasm and no lame excuses ;)

12 hours ago, coolie said:

Yeah I could go with that idea

Think we need Rex Harrison more than Karl Harrison

Specially after having 

Dr dolittle to impress the fans over the past 4 years 

Surely there's a website called

Webuyanycrapcoach.com

Where you can sell your tired,uninterested, inconsistent coach

And upgrade to a more passionate new model full of enthusiasm and no lame excuses ;)

I have the solution. Glenn takes over the cheerleaders and Robyn takes over the squad. What we would have would be a set of players demonstrating enthusiasm and not a little skill, and if we got short on cheerleaders, we could have a couple of those fit Wakefield Belles on DR. Not sure about Tonksy doing cartwheels though.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Stevo as coach is even more laughable than schofield. Paul Delaney would get the best out of the lads. Not sure what his knowledge of current players in the championship is though but I do know this, he'd certainly not touch dual reg. He'd install local pride if anything. Rather see that and lose seeing a side play with passion than 4 wakey lads who don't care about the Rams.

Karl Harrison as the best experience for me. Maybe Neil Kelly or Paul Delaney or even both in caretaker charge for Toulouse if we lose Sunday. Or even permanently if works? If we lose Sunday surely it's the end of the line?  Can only imagine the frustration in the stands by the 400 that will turn up Sunday 

Chris so you'd like Harrison who if memory serves my right is an players agent 

Oh that will work when we're trying to get the best financial deal...forget Harrison 

Neil kelly... Would be like leeds United digging Don revie up and sticking him the dugout if monk gets sacked

Don't know what Paul delaney is doing regarding rugby league so can't comment on him.

We need a fresh face,no old skool baggage or expectations..in a similar way when broadbent came in,7 games and he turned performance's around.

There's James ford at York and the currently unemployed Phil vievers (last time I spoke to Phil vievers was at the old crown flatt when he was getting off the coach when we were playing st Helens in a night game, was the nights we had to hire floodlights so one of the oldies can fill the blanks in,anyway he come off the bus ear phones in and walked into the doorway of the away changing room all you heard was"what a shothole " and I piped up "what's a shothole somewhere in Merseyside?? " the Lear I got.. If looks could kill eh

Hastened to say we got stuffed that night..sure it was a cup game

We need a new direction..fast!!

Thing is, from another side of the problem, love or hate Morro( he did have a couple of decent seasons, let's be fair) the budget we have to work with is the 2nd smallest in our league. We need new direction on and off the field. Mark needs investment. A fellow backer if you like but the club also needs direction. We're not promoting the club one bit. Imsure if Glen had gone to a Fev or Fax or bulls he would of done well or aswel as the coaches they've had, just maybe the Rams he's taken as far as he can. My only frustration with him from my point of view is he abused dual reg when he said he wouldn't. I've nothing against the bloke, infact if you'd talk to him Coolie you'd see he's an ok bloke. Just think it is time for a change now though but the club also needs to look at itself too. Even Mark Sawyer as much as he's saved the club from going bust, he needs to have an ambition for us. Not everything costs too much money to be more successful. We need a shake up from top to bottom, that's why the fans are losing interest. Match days are boing, pre match.,no links what so ever to community, well that's not glens fault, that's the clubs itself. If we don't promote ourselves wel just continue going backwards, especially when on the field is poor as it is off it. 

Chris this is where I see it and your right in a lot of observations about the club,we're coming up to another chapter in the club where off the field everything will be right and in place to generate more revenue, football pitches,car boot,conference & party bookings,someone or a group of people tenacious enough to put the ram's on the map commercially, the current set up is obviously failing to get the club out there,build bridges and re engage with the community links..this can be achieved with pound hungry scratching for every quid like it's the last one on the planet, home matches are events that have to be organised,marketed to the verge of obsession because that's the stage you sell your product on,at the moment the product is drab,uninteresting an unattractive, that's not a slur on anybody.. It just is think the best word would be stale. 

It needs a hurricane of fresh wind,a blast of ideas to rejuvenate the whole feeling around the club..

But first we've to change our product

It might seem prestigious to be the areas best supplier of horse manure..... 

If there's no roses to spread it upon around Dewsbury 

Who gonna appreciate your s##t eh??? 

50 minutes ago, christheram said:

the budget we have to work with is the 2nd smallest in our league. 

If this is true (where is this info?) then you are probable contenders for relegation and losing to Rochdale shouldn't be a surprise! It sounds more like an excuse to me you still have your own ground, car boot, food, beer programmes, halftime gamble, squad builder, amber ribbon etc. Unless your club is being skimmed is that what you mean CTR?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 1:58 PM, creditwhereitsdews said:

Bottom line is Mark's never sacked a coach - he'll be here as long as he wants. I've always fancied a holiday in Toronto in Canada - hope they don't get promoted.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

7 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Bottom line is Mark's never sacked a coach - he'll be here as long as he wants. I've always fancied a holiday in Toronto in Canada - hope they don't get promoted.

If we're not lucky this season

We might never get to Toronto mate

Championship 1 next season will be a breeze for them

Do you loose the car boot income what with the footie courts?

Gary thornton thats what you need

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

5 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I am sure that WJ was sacked and Paul Broadbent came in on a temporary basis.  The Club had a massive scramble to find, approach and appoint a suitably qualified

and available Coach to enable the Game to take place on the following week-end. 

7 hours ago, christheram said:

Thing is, from another side of the problem, love or hate Morro( he did have a couple of decent seasons, let's be fair) the budget we have to work with is the 2nd smallest in our league.  

Have you got any evidence for this Playing Budget Statement.  I am sure that this is not true.

The club do have an ambition, as I have said before when the Pitches come into use the relevant income will be used to expand the Salary Cap.

The Club intend to build income streams with this and other Projects which are being evaluated to move the club forward.  Unfortunately, these

are not quick fixes but believe me lots of time and effort is being and will be spent in trying to bring them to fruition.

PM has indicated above other avenues in which our Fan Base could help in the meantime together with Replica Shirts and Leisurewear, but as usual this will

probably fall on deaf ears.

Other Clubs prefer or are able to approach their ambitions in other ways

A Millionaire Backer                           Risk - may lose interest when the dream never happens.

Gamble on a Top 4 Place                  Risk - A Bulls scenario.

or the best way

A Wealthy Owner and a massive Fan Base.  Att 8,800 for the first home game - hopefully half of them will come to TS on 12th March!  The Club are

currently working hard to accommodate them.

The thing is WR crowds won't rise as people are losing interest. You read here and on Facebook and all the talk is people glad they didn't buy season tickets this year... They have been losing interest for a year or so now. I talk to fans, a hell of a lot of our fans. What I'm saying now isn't opinion it's just the truth. I don't know what our budget is but I'd have a guess only Oldham and Rochdale are spending less, maybe Swinton and Sheffield too? Who knows. What I do know is 2 parts of the problem which are putting people off attending now and you and mark need to understand these. 1. Our fans have lost faith in Morrison 2. The home games have no atmosphere, you just feel like you have to turn up to support the club. We have no match day experience or any links to the community. With out sounding nasty or criticising the club we urgently need to find a marketing manager to well, help market the club and put bums on seats, try bring in new sponsors, links to the local community and liven up the match day experience. Not everything costs loads of money to try make a game an events or occasion. The more people enjoy the game and the match day build up the more people you get to games spending money behind the bar and buying them shirts... the buzz of the promotion year remember we had 900 season ticket holders??? Fancy dress. Pre match curtain raisers. Ok season tickets were cheap but there was a huge buzz! It always feels we take 1 or 2 steps forward as a club on this issue then sit back for afew years and end up back in the Mickey Mouse league. Everyone officially connected to the club is to blame for this wether we like it or not. We've almost become lazy. Fans come out with ideas and just get ignored. Ideas because they care and want to take us forward but because it feels no one listens it's even pointless even mensioning things. Work with the fans who care, listen to ideas good or bad and let's try get us back on track again before it's too late and we end up in league 1 again. Fans may criticise and not know the full goings on at the club but they do care. I don't always agree with Coolie or even some other fellow fans but I do know one thing, he and them care about the club. we all do! 

Archived