Tuimoala Lolohea may be coming to Super League

Moon's game overall is better than Lolohea but Lolohea has more better off the cuff creative attacking player. Both are players who never really found a home in terms of there position or club for while in the NRL. But the NRL is only one style of Rugby League. Lolohea will probably go OK in Super League with occasional touches of brilliance & go M.I.A in some games to. 

Neither Moon or Lolohea are marquee signings

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a fair bit of him when he played for NZ Warriors and he rarely impressed me. Rarely impacted games and his defence wasn’t the best either.

He was playing FB but wanted to play in the halves which is why he left. 

Must admit I haven’t seen him for west’s this season but nowhere near the talent that Blake Austin has.

19 minutes ago, Southerner said:

I saw a fair bit of him when he played for NZ Warriors and he rarely impressed me. Rarely impacted games and his defence wasn’t the best either.

He was playing FB but wanted to play in the halves which is why he left. 

Must admit I haven’t seen him for west’s this season but nowhere near the talent that Blake Austin has.

He looked good the couple of times I’ve seen him in the halves for West’s this year. He still had a surprising turn of pace, considering he looked like he’d eaten George Rose

Not convinced this is a good signing for Leeds. He had good and bad games for the Warriors but since moving to the tigers and to stand off his form has dropped massively.  He's a decent runner when he can be bothered but his kicking is awful and his passing only marginally better.

Leeds would be better off playing him in the 3/4s as he's a pretty poor stand off.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

13 hours ago, Southerner said:

Of the two, id probably rather have Austin at the moment to be honest.

Lolohea is a decent player and hopefully if he gets a good run of games at 6 then he can develop into an outstanding player. He's moved and been moved around a fair bit with the Warriors and Wests and never really been given a season at 6 to be allowed to develop. Plus the style of game over here will likely suit his style of play more. We'll see, but overall im fairly happy, we just desperately need some forward strength to help him!

Allowing Moon to leave is sensible. He's not good enough as a stand off and his style of play at centre mean that Ryan Hall outside him is all but wasted. If we're really going to have to pay big money to keep Hall then we should get a proper centre to feed him. Easier said than done obviously.

Archived