Super effort...

glemiln

...despite losing 32-54, especially considering the disparity in full-time status and money.  Six tries we scored and two of theirs scored in last 2 mins,

Still, hopefully we can take most of this performance into the Shield and Toronto!  Hope the visas are ok.

No disgrace losing to a team like Leigh.Obviously a bunch of part timers were never going to hold them out,but at least the lads gave it their all if they scored six tries. That`s all we can ask for,a decent display,never giving up,that`s what the game`s all about..

11 hours ago, AlanE said:

Well played. You had us fully stretched for all the first half and a lot of the second half too. Much of the attractive/inventive rugby was played by you guys. Well done, again!

Thanks Alan,hope you do well in the play-offs 

You couldn't fault our commitment or effort in really hot conditions. The first ten minutes and the last five minutes gave the score a lop-sided look. We made a real game of it between those two spells. All 17 gave their all for the shirt, I just wish Mooresey would learn to keep his mouth shut. That's three sin binnings for dissent in the last three games. Playing with 12 in that heat is no joke, he needs to have more respect for his team mates.

11 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Thanks Alan,hope you do well in the play-offs 

We may well not reach the top four Mick. We are now relying on two of London, Halifax and Featherstone slipping up once! Personally, I thought there was more than effort in Hornets' performance - There was a lot of skill and attractive rugby on display. You had us worried from about the 15th minute to about the 75th!

11 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Well done to the hornets. Nothing wrong with losing to Leigh considering the gulf in money and talent available. I was very impressed and I'm a roughyed. Great stuff.

What a great performance by the lads.  I think the real difference between ourselves and the likes of Leigh isn't so much the gulf in talent but, certainly the gulf in money.  Especially, the fact that the money is there for Leigh to keep a full time team.  If our lads were able to train full time I recon we would be a hell of lot closer to the top of the championship with the same team.

All 17 gave their all for the shirt, I just wish Mooresey would learn to keep his mouth shut. That's three sin binnings for dissent in the last three games.

He was charged this time and the penalty seems to be a 2 match ban.  He's in the squad for Toronto, so if he plays that's Halifax too, or if not, the first game of the Shield!  We can ill afford to lose experienced players for the upcoming Shield.

obviously we are in a league of two  mini divisions. The full time clubs fighting it out for the top four and the part time clubs fighting it out for survival. We just haven’t picked up enough points against our part time peers and good performances against the FT outfits count for nothing.

The same split is found in the division below us with a clear distinction between the traditional clubs and the new teams. That happens year after year. how can that be good for the game?

I suppose RFL will have some spin on it to try and have us believe it’s been a massive boost for the games popularity.

20 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

obviously we are in a league of two  mini divisions. The full time clubs fighting it out for the top four and the part time clubs fighting it out for survival. We just haven’t picked up enough points against our part time peers and good performances against the FT outfits count for nothing.

The same split is found in the division below us with a clear distinction between the traditional clubs and the new teams. That happens year after year. how can that be good for the game?

I suppose RFL will have some spin on it to try and have us believe it’s been a massive boost for the games popularity.

I agree with your post but I see Coventry beat Keighly yesterday.

Archived