Red Star Belgrade pursuing more than Challenge Cup

Well we know Red Star Belgrade are entering the 2019 Challenge Cup and have aspirations for League 1, now they’re adding additional focus to their youth program. As a business owner myself, i think this is a fantastic initiative and will be throwing in a tenner.

https://chuffed.org/project/redstar

If you are serious about growing the game you should do the same. We complain that Toronto isn’t interested in youth, well let’s show our support for an expansion club doing the extraordinary!

4 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

Yes but I’m sure many of the expansion clubs would be happy to share ideas - just as Newcastle Thunder suggested on another thread. 

Oh I'm sure they would. Sharing best practice is a hallmark of a confident, proactive organisation. The very fact that the suggestion was mocked by another poster revealed volumes.

32 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

Well we know Red Star Belgrade are entering the 2019 Challenge Cup and have aspirations for League 1, now they’re adding additional focus to their youth program. As a business owner myself, i think this is a fantastic initiative and will be throwing in a tenner.

If you are serious about growing the game you should do the same. We complain that Toronto isn’t interested in youth, well let’s show our support for an expansion club doing the extraordinary!

Well done to Red Star Belgrade. For me Junior development is the future of the game

If a club hasn't got its own academy they shouldn't be allowed in Super League.

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Well done to Red Star Belgrade. For me Junior development is the future of the game

If a club hasn't got its own academy they shouldn't be allowed in Super League.

I agree junior development is vital to the game and I hope Red Star can get some players through to play at a higher level ie Elite 1 and 2 and League 1. 

With the academies and SL teams it gets complex as they are all clustered together in some areas...ie Wigan, Widnes, Salford, Wire all near each other. I would say an academy or a reserve team or both is a requirement for sure but prehaps to expect every team to run a academy isn't feasible....Stronger links with the community game would be great so as to provide a pathway for top amateurs to play at a higher level via the reserve team and the opportunity that then offers for the 1 in a 100 talent who stands out....

With academies in contrast, London and Catalans have big catchment areas and  are likely to see alot out of an academy in a way some heartland teams don't... 

TWP I feel won't be producing players for the next 10 years if ever. There would be alot that has to be done to bring talent through there. I've learnt over time the North American sporting culture is totally different. Somewhere like Green Bay which is massive on Gridiron is not known for bringing talent through. . 

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

I agree junior development is vital to the game and I hope Red Star can get some players through to play at a higher level ie Elite 1 and 2 and League 1. 

With the academies and SL teams it gets complex as they are all clustered together in some areas...ie Wigan, Widnes, Salford, Wire all near each other. I would say an academy or a reserve team or both is a requirement for sure but prehaps to expect every team to run a academy isn't feasible....Stronger links with the community game would be great so as to provide a pathway for top amateurs to play at a higher level via the reserve team and the opportunity that then offers for the 1 in a 100 talent who stands out....

With academies in contrast, London and Catalans have big catchment areas and  are likely to see alot out of an academy in a way some heartland teams don't... 

TWP I feel won't be producing players for the next 10 years if ever. There would be alot that has to be done to bring talent through there. I've learnt over time the North American sporting culture is totally different. Somewhere like Green Bay which is massive on Gridiron is not known for bringing talent through. . 

Completely agree. 

The thing I really find impressive is that they’re not just focussing on teaching RL. They’re also preparing them for employment, university or starting their own business one day. 

Not everyone will make it in our sport, so it’s great to see Colin and the team emphasising life pathways. 

7 hours ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Does Partizan Belgrade also have an RL team?

There is a RL club called Partizan Belgrade but I’m not sure how closely they are aligned with the football team. Partizan also play in black and white as opposed to RSB who play in red and white so at least the fans from Hull don’t have to think long and hard about which team to follow.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

There is a RL club called Partizan Belgrade but I’m not sure how closely they are aligned with the football team. Partizan also play in black and white as opposed to RSB who play in red and white so at least the fans from Hull don’t have to think long and hard about which team to follow.

Throw in a fiver Pom and maybe we’ll see RSB vs either hull team in the next decade or so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived