Officially 2017 squad

scott

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point is they should be left to develop

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

I was talking about the under 16s

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

There isn't any way and bigger clubs will always have a bigger pull that's just the way it is.

The only thing you can do is engage the amateur clubs and make Town a bigger part of the cumbria rugby scene as a whole so they will have an affinity with the club, but it's not short term and takes effort.

While we need to sign a large number of players to complete our squad, I have grave concerns how the club goes about it. The amateur game is in critical condition , and if the rumours are true stripping another 10 or 12 players out of local clubs may just finish club's off.

The club's need to work together to create a clear pathway so lads can play for Town if good enough or selected, but can also continue to play , train and be active members of there local teams.

I'm pretty sure there is probably a couple more local lads good enough to play pro rugby, other than that we are going down the road of shirt fillers

Without an amateur game there is no Town or Haven

While we need to sign a large number of players to complete our squad, I have grave concerns how the club goes about it. The amateur game is in critical condition , and if the rumours are true stripping another 10 or 12 players out of local clubs may just finish club's off.

The club's need to work together to create a clear pathway so lads can play for Town if good enough or selected, but can also continue to play , train and be active members of there local teams.

I'm pretty sure there is probably a couple more local lads good enough to play pro rugby, other than that we are going down the road of shirt fillers

Can't put too many amatuers into the squad for various reasons. I suspect there may be a DR on the cards but i may be wrong.

Can't put too many amatuers into the squad for various reasons. I suspect there may be a DR on the cards but i may be wrong.

DR? Would you not think that was a step backwards T4M - I really don't think you need DR the squad is coming together and I suspect there will be further good news in the coming weeks

Snoop that's right the amateur game is in crisis so the whole shooting match needs to get together and see where we can help each other including the pro clubs

DR? Would you not think that was a step backwards T4M - I really don't think you need DR the squad is coming together and I suspect there will be further good news in the coming weeks

may be completely wrong about the DR thing mate just wouldnt rule it out. Yes i am sure there will be more announcements to come soon.

I am involved with a youth team and have bleated on about the interaction between the club and youth teams what I can say is that I believe the board are working hard to address this hopefully we will get to see some youth rugby as pre-match entertainment this year.

I know our team played one of there finals at DP this year and they loved every minute of it sounds daft but even there shirts hung up in the dressing room walking out onto a pitch to an applause from parents etcmade it a really enjoyable day for them infact it was also one of the best games of rugby I have seen them play.

So fingers crossed we can all agree on a strategy for getting all of the talented youngsters in west Cumbria a feel of what its all about.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/10/2016 at 1:17 PM, Havenite13 said:

Same old townies usless players for us but soon as they sign for you there world beaters long season for you lot this year if you think signing players from the cumberland league and barrow district league to make up the bulk of your squad is gonna work more fool yous

Don't need to go to deluded.com for classic snippets 

On 31/10/2016 at 1:17 PM, Havenite13 said:

Same old townies usless players for us but soon as they sign for you there world beaters long season for you lot this year if you think signing players from the cumberland league and barrow district league to make up the bulk of your squad is gonna work more fool yous

I bet you Havenite13 wishes he hadn't posted this now !!!

Town's recruitment policy seems to be paying off a lot better than Havens......

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived