Officially 2017 squad

scott

Morning folks. I'm happy fo engage in sensible discussion with Town supporters but I'm wary of being baited by other teams fans. Is totallytown creating mischief?

I think he is a Town supporter, looking back at his posts he also made an interesting comment to an extremely apt and very prophetic comment by DKW which I have quoted below.

dkw, on 03 Sept 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

"The last time the club were in this situation it was used as a prompt to sweep clean, change the whole outlook at the club and basically start from scratch. We need to do the exact same thing, the club has stagnated for years and things obviously need to change. If we had stayed up we would be facing the exact same thing next year, and probably the year after that. We are in the bottom 6 clubs in the Championship, and the distance between that 6 and the rest will just grow year on year unless one of the clubs manages to find a major investor. We arent going to lose fans dropping down, there are no fans to lose. The die hards are there now and will be there next season. A winning team may even see an increase in attendances, strangely. So, new investors/ideas into the club, build a young squad with a couple of the seniors being kept. I`m fairly confident in saying Vievers wont be there, so that now should be the priority. The club need to send messages out to us fans now as to what to expect for next season, what direction they are going to take, what future plans we have etc. Get that message into the press, make a positive from a negative. Dropping isnt the end of the club some seem to think (hope?), handled correctly it can be the beginning of a bright new future. "

Totallytown's response then was:

"Great Post.....And with a rebuild employ the services of young Cumbrian talent (Who would be chuffed to wear the shirt) that will have a chance in the lower league to showboat their skills and rugby brains."

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy fo engage if he's a town fan and not someone causing mischief. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and that's what the forum is for. I did get into trouble at home though for engaging on here on my silver wedding anniversary. Oops haha

I think TotallyTown's views are fair enough. Not so long ago there were those on this forum lauding Townie123 who was certainly more of a troll.

At the moment what do we really have, just a few mainly journeymen players from last year have re-signed. There is nothing “yet” (Ritson apart) to get excited about that I can see. Smacks to me of Emperors new clothes. Fair enough we are rebuilding with all that entails but seems like thats all it will ever be and why call him for saying thats not draw enough for him as indeed it isn’t at the moment for me.

Things could never get that bad though that I’d go and watch football instead.

We've only got 8 players signed on, even if we re-signed Carter, Coward and the Phillips brothers that's only 12. Of the remaining 13 to make a squad of 25 I'm guessing there'll be  a few amateurs but obviously we'll need some players from elsewhere, so how does anybody know that we're gonna be getting hammered if they don't know what we're getting?

We've done well bringing Cumbrians back from SL clubs in the past like Miller and Lunt. Anyway it's a bit early to be panicking.

Thanks oneday. There was a lot of interest in the so called journeymen players. I think you do them a great disservice by calling them that.

I meant "reliable if not necessarily outstanding" though accept the term can be regarded as insulting. Apologies to those players.

i hear there have been alot of phone calls to amateurs in south cumbria asking if they fancy signing, a few are more than good enough to play at that standard

Two names I've seen will do a great job for Workington

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Surely the 1st lad we should be trying to get signed on is lucock,had a little experience at pro and didnt look out of place in the championship. Him and doran as hookers with callum at 7 where he belongs. Thats if matty has retired which sounds very likely.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Yes wonky I'd go right for lucock too he will be a class 9 in champ 1 still a young lad too

He has rejected Town and decided to stay with the brow according to his family

Archived