Championship Shield: Batley 22 Dewsbury 28

RogerT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame: Coolie can't make it and he looks lovely in pink.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't know if we picked up any injuries yesterday, if not I'll go with the same team. I think it will be another close game which I hope we will have a better performance, let's be honest can't be any worse than the last time we met.

I'll go rams 22

Batley 14

FTS Thackeray

Att 1248

GM actually said on R Leeds that he will be going with the same squad next week, which was surprising. I trust that he fully understands the importance of these games - it's not just about two points.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What changes if any would you make?

Think we need Aizue in to add some fire to the pack - or play him at stand off. ;) I'd stick with Delaney though, but maybe swap him and Thacks round. The lad deserves another chance IMO.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Think we need Aizue in to add some fire to the pack - or play him at stand off. ;) I'd stick with Delaney though, but maybe swap him and Thacks round. The lad deserves another chance IMO.

Def need mikale back if fit and I would give James Delaney a run out.

Rest Wilde and jacko.

Brad Delaney def another run out. Just needs bit of confidence before Seymour is fit.

Think we need Aizue in to add some fire to the pack - or play him at stand off. ;) I'd stick with Delaney though, but maybe swap him and Thacks round. The lad deserves another chance IMO.

Yeah I can agree on all them points, tbh I'd maybe bring Spicer back in,anybody any idea were he is?

Def need mikale back if fit and I would give James Delaney a run out.

Rest Wilde and jacko.

Brad Delaney def another run out. Just needs bit of confidence before Seymour is fit.

Agree with Nick me, deffo James Delaney and auzue in for jacko and wildie. Wildie just doesn't impress me

What changes if any would you make?

Well I wouldn't bring Aizue back - his ability to stay out there for more than 15 minutes has decreased and his best is long behind him, sadly. I wouldn't play Brad Delaney either but would use a proper stand off rather than a scrum half so would give Glover the chance. I still think Wildie played well against Hunslet - we only picked up after he came back on to replace Conroy - so would keep him in (James Delaney should get his chance soon, though). Spicer should be available again - he has a chronic knee problem that wasn't responding to treatment apparently - and I would play him instead of Farrell who was woeful once again. I would give Brown another chance despite a loss of form recently but might be thinking of resting him next time out if there is no improvement.

I don't know if Thursday's match will have any bearing upon selection but those players must be hoping that a good performance will put them in the frame - lets' see.

Well I wouldn't bring Aizue back - his ability to stay out there for more than 15 minutes has decreased and his best is long behind him, sadly. I wouldn't play Brad Delaney either but would use a proper stand off rather than a scrum half so would give Glover the chance. I still think Wildie played well against Hunslet - we only picked up after he came back on to replace Conroy - so would keep him in (James Delaney should get his chance soon, though). Spicer should be available again - he has a chronic knee problem that wasn't responding to treatment apparently - and I would play him instead of Farrell who was woeful once again. I would give Brown another chance despite a loss of form recently but might be thinking of resting him next time out if there is no improvement.

I don't know if Thursday's match will have any bearing upon selection but those players must be hoping that a good performance will put them in the frame - lets' see.

Some good points there,yes I think wildie had his best game yesterday, when Glenn brought him & Hale back on they gave us that go forward. Be careful BSJ what you say about Farrell on here,you'll be hung drawn & quarted lol but I agree with you!!

Agree about glover. Interesting point.

Partly agree about mikale but think he gives us more drive and ideas in his 15 min than others do in their 40.

Could try James Delaney instead of Joel who must be due a rest but to say Wilde added much to the game Sunday is stretching it a bit. Looked more like they started to tire a bit to me. Play conroy for the last 20 and see how he fares.

Agree about glover. Interesting point.

Partly agree about mikale but think he gives us more drive and ideas in his 15 min than others do in their 40.

Could try James Delaney instead of Joel who must be due a rest but to say Wilde added much to the game Sunday is stretching it a bit. Looked more like they started to tire a bit to me. Play conroy for the last 20 and see how he fares.

I must have been watching a different game, or it is simply perception as GOR says. In my eyes Wildie was sharp for the first 20 minutes and the passing from DH was crisper - this fell away when Conroy came on (and I'm a big Conroy fan) and then improved once more when Wildie returned. They didn't tire until we scored two tries, which does tend to make you feel weary. Anyway we all know that James won't be playing on Sunday so this is a bit moot.

Mikale's defence has been lacking a bit lately - age and diminishing mobility catch up with us all I'm afraid.

Farrell was poor though, wasn't he?

And they attempted to boost our coffers by tossing over loose change.

Pathetic really.

"Batley want to get that fourth spot but they also know that they are just two losses away from the relegation places, so they have a lot to fight for. And so do we"

Dewsbury Rams Head Coach Glenn Morrison has named his 19-man squad for this weekend's clash with Batley Bulldogs at the Fox's Biscuits Stadium.

Read the full interview: 

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/44637/morrison-names-squad-for-super

Tom

"Batley want to get that fourth spot but they also know that they are just two losses away from the relegation places, so they have a lot to fight for. And so do we"

Dewsbury Rams Head Coach Glenn Morrison has named his 19-man squad for this weekend's clash with Batley Bulldogs at the Fox's Biscuits Stadium.

Read the full interview: 

http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/article/44637/morrison-names-squad-for-super

Batley want fourth spot  :rofl: 

Aizue,Spicer and B Delaney are the new names in the 19 for the game with Bulldogs,Feeling confident that we will win on Sunday,

Bulldogs 16-30 Rams.

I'd go for this team;

1. RYAN FIELDHOUSE
  2. DALE MORTON
  3. SHANE GRADY
  4. ETU UAISELE
  5. DALTON GRANT
  6. BRAD DELANEY
  7. ANTHONY THACKERAY
  8. BYRON SMITH
  9. MATTY WILDIE
  10. RYAN HEPWORTH
  11. LUKE ADAMSON
  12. SCOTT HALE
  13. AARON BROWN

SUBS

1. NATHAN CONROY
  2. ROB SPICER
  3. PAUL JACKSON
  4. MAKALI AIZUE

Farrell and Nash have been liabilites in recent weeks.

Batley 14 - Dewsbury 32

FTS: Scott Hale

MOM: Shane Grady

Att: 1800

I think Eddie's selection could he close to the real thing, but reckon 3 and 4 will be the opposite way around and Jackson in at 8 and Smith subbing.

Last Sunday's performance seems to have been put down as a "blip", but we have had too many of those this season. Having a week off should have done us good, but seemed to have the opposite effect. It's about time we came up with a full eighty minutes' worth of concentration and sticking to "the game plan" as GM would wish of the players. Can the lads do it for once? I think not.

Batley 20-14 Dewsbury

FTS: Hale

MoM: Smith

Att: 1109

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived