The Photography Thread

Beat me to it by milliseconds.

"Convert to black and white" is my default setting though.  Hence, typing a bit quicker.  B)

And, look, a black and white photo of one bit of Pendennis Castle taken from another bit of Pendennis Castle:

8656326426_5d63c0b95e_c.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"Convert to black and white" is my default setting though.  Hence, typing a bit quicker.  B)

And, look, a black and white photo of one bit of Pendennis Castle taken from another bit of Pendennis Castle:

Hard ND GRad filter needed on that one I think Mr John, either pre-processing (too late now) or post processing.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Hard ND GRad filter needed on that one I think Mr John, either pre-processing (too late now) or post processing.

Grad filters, eh?

That, Mr Padge, may be a very good idea.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Little Scotland.

8669492498_f109b97a50_b.jpg
IMG_7117 by dave.pagett, on Flickr

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Having a good holiday? :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8689349152_ddb7a203b4.jpg

DSC02293 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

8689351032_6fdbe92c61.jpg

DSC02311 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

8689347946_45d6cc95bf.jpg

DSC02313 by Bleep1673, on Flickr

Black and white ones were a bit dark as I had my ISO set wrong

Hastings Priory v Bromley, match happening as I type

Having your ISO set wrong shouldn't make your pictures dark, it may make them grainy but not dark. ISO 400 shouldn't be an issue.

Actually you've done quite well as in the sort of shot its often difficult to get detail in the whites which you have achieved.  The metering has probably got it right.

In your processing software drag the midtones toward the highlight end and you'll lift the darkeness in the background.

Edit: Just noticed your exposure bias was set to -1 EV, that is probably why a couple of shots are a bit dark in the mid-ranges.

Edited by Padge

Oops

Edited by Padge

Having your ISO set wrong shouldn't make your pictures dark, it may make them grainy but not dark. ISO 400 shouldn't be an issue.

Actually you've done quite well as in the sort of shot its often difficult to get detail in the whites which you have achieved.  The metering has probably got it right.

In your processing software drag the midtones toward the highlight end and you'll lift the darkeness in the background.

Edit: Just noticed your exposure bias was set to -1 EV, that is probably why a couple of shots are a bit dark in the mid-ranges.

With cricket in bright sun its usually best to underexpose and try pull back the shadows in post or if using Nikon use Active D Lighting

crick2.jpg

crick1.jpg

crick3.jpg