Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Gout? You need to get yourself on the allopurinol B)

It only tends to flare up 2 or 3 times a year and if I catch it quickly enough during the first 12 hours, then Ibuprofen gets it under control within half a day and gone completely within another couple of days after that. Because it's quite mild and only appears in one foot, I'm unwilling to take anything long term for it.

It only tends to flare up 2 or 3 times a year and if I catch it quickly enough during the first 12 hours, then Ibuprofen gets it under control within half a day and gone completely within another couple of days after that. Because it's quite mild and only appears in one foot, I'm unwilling to take anything long term for it.

You're fairly lucky with it then by the sounds of it, not got to the stage when lying in bed you are seriously wondering if having your foot amputated would be a better option than continuing to put up with the pain. :(

Fortunately those days are behind me - not had it that bad for many years now.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Uninteresting trivial facts, not uninteresting trivial personal feuds. 23 posts deleted. Now wasn't that a waste of typing all that unnecessary personal stuff?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You're fairly lucky with it then by the sounds of it, not got to the stage when lying in bed you are seriously wondering if having your foot amputated would be a better option than continuing to put up with the pain. :(

Fortunately those days are behind me - not had it that bad for many years now.

I'm not quite a martyr to it in the way you've described above. But, if I don't get anti-inflamitories down me in some form, pretty quickly then it gets pretty painful. Then because I can't walk properly, the rest of my leg comes out in sympathy as I put strain on other muscles and tendons and before you know it, I'm hobbling about like an old man. The knock on effects in my leg can take longer to sort themselves out than the gout.

I only tend to get it in one joint, possibly due to an old injury sustained in a forestry related accident, almost 20 years ago. It's quite amazing really, in just how many different ways a tree can find to try and kill you. :(

It's quite amazing really, in just how many different ways a tree can find to try and kill you. :(

Indeed, Lord of the Rings was a real revelation.....

My plane has been delayed and I'm stuck in Inverness airport until 7:40pm :( We were supposed to be going out tonight as well. Won't be home till after 10 now.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I'm struggling to find the correct Pleuelsatz to overhaul a 46 year old Kurbelwelle.

I might have to go down the bespoke engineering route if I can't find the correct parts. :sad:

Still, if it was easy, the rewards wouldn't outweigh the efforts involved. :smile:

I'm struggling to find the correct Pleuelsatz to overhaul a 46 year old Kurbelwelle.

I might have to go down the bespoke engineering route if I can't find the correct parts. :sad:

Still, if it was easy, the rewards wouldn't outweigh the efforts involved. :smile:

Have you tried Here?

Have you tried Here?

Strangely enough, no. Though they seem unlikely to be able to help me with sourcing parts for such an old model. They seem to cater mainly for later models, with the occasional exception. However, I've emailed them and added them to my list of favourites for possible use in the future. Ta. :smile:

Edited by Haloman

Strangely enough, no. Though they seem unlikely to be able to help me with sourcing parts for such an old model. They seem to cater mainly for later models, with the occasional exception. However, I've emailed them and added them to my list of favourites for possible use in the future. Ta. :smile:

Ah, the power of Google :rolleyes:

Today, after much searching and cross referencing, I finally found a compatible Pleuelsatz with which to overhaul my 46 year old Kurbelwelle. :smile:

Edited by Haloman

I have pink spotty wellies.

(hello, btw, just popping in to have a look round - haven't been round these parts for aaaaaaaages)

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...

I have pink spotty wellies.

(hello, btw, just popping in to have a look round - haven't been round these parts for aaaaaaaages)

*waves*

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

*waves back*

thought I'd reannounce my presence on a thread I remember rather than jumping into something random...

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...

thought I'd reannounce my presence on a thread I remember rather than jumping into something random...

You'll note that not much has changed really.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

*waves back*

Gingerjon disappeared for while too. Unfortunately, despite promises to the contrary, he came back too! :tongue:

*waves back*

Nice to have you back.

:smile:

Mind you, you're welcome to disappear again if all you bring to the debates are mere commonsense and facts.

:wink::biggrin:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police