What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of these 'statement' products are mainly aimed at the Far East and Russia.

BTW, someone on here shares his taste in turntables with Russian president Dmitry Medvedev.

Dmitry-Medvedev-006.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A lot of these 'statement' products are mainly aimed at the Far East and Russia.

BTW, someone on here shares his taste in turntables with Russian president Dmitry Medvedev.

Ah yes ....

Naims recently released Statement amp at £125000 must have a captive audience somewhere. Though when you get too a certain level just how much difference there is performance wise between £50000 amp and £100000 amp cannot be that easy to notice.

I can not see it being as much of a night and day experience from when I sold my old Rega and bought my Avid.

I'm pretty sure that's not a Rigonda.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Actually I've just read invite they sent me through e mail again and its a whopping £85000 grand !!

You've put me off now.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Ah yes ....

Naims recently released Statement amp at £125000 must have a captive audience somewhere. 

Yes, it's for people who can't afford/don't have space for the Pivetta amp...

high_end_muenchen_2013_6.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stompin' at the Savoy, Chick Webb Orchestra.  I'm a sucker for thirties swing!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Stompin' at the Savoy, Chick Webb Orchestra.  I'm a sucker for thirties swing!

I haven't got that version but I've got versions by guitarists: Jim Hall, Wes Montgomery, Tal Farlow, Kenny Burrell and Charlie Christian.

Actually I've just read invite they sent me through e mail again and its a whopping £8.50 !!

You've put me off now.

Just to add a bit of realism into it.

How's things Woody?

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Rory Gallagher - Live In Europe £2 from my favourite 2nd hand shop got in there quick before Ullman, I've left you all the country and western Dave !

As I always feared, the shop got popular and priced me out of the market.

I haven't got that version but I've got versions by guitarists: Jim Hall, Wes Montgomery, Tal Farlow, Kenny Burrell and Charlie Christian.

It's available on Spotify and You Tube.  Benny Goodman also did a version. Same arranger, Fletcher Henderson, but Chick's is far superior IMO.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Tribal Seeds have a new album out which is outstandingly good if you like modern roots reggae.  It's a superb album and tops their previous two great efforts.

This band is reminiscent of the Groundation / John Brown's Body / Bedouin Soundclash sound.

It's reggae, it's funky, admittedly it's got some dancehall and lovers' rock in there, but it's a 21st century roots sound.  Wonderful stuff.

Apologies for any unintended pretension :)

Edited by Leeds Wire

Your right Eddie has upped his prices ! Though still a bargain at £4 a first pressing of Bob Dylan's Self Portrait snapped up yesterday.

I wonder if he wants to buy back a copy of Erasure's 'The Innocents'.