What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the current political landscape has become an 80s tribute act all of its own, I've been revisiting some of the music I used to listen to back when I lived through it all the first time round...

One of my favourite bands back then was Ultravox, and this is, in my opinion, one of their best songs. I've never actually seen the full video for it before, just the truncated version they'd show on Top of the Pops. Having just rewatched it I now know why it was truncated! ?

17 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Given that the current political landscape has become an 80s tribute act all of its own, I've been revisiting some of the music I used to listen to back when I lived through it all the first time round...

One of my favourite bands back then was Ultravox, and this is, in my opinion, one of their best songs. I've never actually seen the full video for it before, just the truncated version they'd show on Top of the Pops. Having just rewatched it I now know why it was truncated! ?

Okay

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Need cheering up? Watch this. One of the best pop songs ever recorded and one of the best (if not the best ever) pre-match performances. Perfection.

As usual there was a bit of moaning that it was James but who cares? Why we haven't used as an SL or CC commercial is very telling.

A performance of this was at the Proms a week or so ago. I'd never properly heard it before. An incredible piece (or pieces, if you're being technically correct) of music:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Funny that music is where we don't have to agree or post to say so.

So in order to do my bit to help

Now you're gone everything's coming up roses!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I may be in danger of becoming a grown up

Populist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Quite liking this one as well 

More so recently :kolobok_ph34r:

Fuxake, Shads, Andre Rieu? I don't have the words.

Remember when flashmobs were cool?

It's an unbreakable piece of music. I don't know how many different versions I've listened to.

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Fuxake, Shads, Andre Rieu? I don't have the words.

Remember when flashmobs were cool?

In my defence (poor though it may be) it was the first Youtube link that came up.

It must have been for about thirty minutes in early 2004 that Flashmobs were cool. Once T-Mobile got involved they became cynical soulless marketing efforts. 

Just now, Shadow said:

In my defence (poor though it may be) it was the first Youtube link that came up.

It must have been for about thirty minutes in early 2004 that Flashmobs were cool. Once T-Mobile got involved they became cynical soulless marketing efforts. 

And there are several very bad Ode to Joy ones out there ... this lot sound good even though it's about as natural as ... well, Andre Rieu.

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

And there are several very bad Ode to Joy ones out there ... this lot sound good even though it's about as natural as ... well, Andre Rieu.

Bear in mind that I don't have speakers switched enabled on my work laptop...

I've changed it for something i hope is more to the panel's liking. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1