Jump to content

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the current political landscape has become an 80s tribute act all of its own, I've been revisiting some of the music I used to listen to back when I lived through it all the first time round...

One of my favourite bands back then was Ultravox, and this is, in my opinion, one of their best songs. I've never actually seen the full video for it before, just the truncated version they'd show on Top of the Pops. Having just rewatched it I now know why it was truncated! ?

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Given that the current political landscape has become an 80s tribute act all of its own, I've been revisiting some of the music I used to listen to back when I lived through it all the first time round...

One of my favourite bands back then was Ultravox, and this is, in my opinion, one of their best songs. I've never actually seen the full video for it before, just the truncated version they'd show on Top of the Pops. Having just rewatched it I now know why it was truncated! ?

Okay

 

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Need cheering up? Watch this. One of the best pop songs ever recorded and one of the best (if not the best ever) pre-match performances. Perfection.

As usual there was a bit of moaning that it was James but who cares? Why we haven't used as an SL or CC commercial is very telling.

 

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A performance of this was at the Proms a week or so ago. I'd never properly heard it before. An incredible piece (or pieces, if you're being technically correct) of music:

 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny that music is where we don't have to agree or post to say so.

So in order to do my bit to help

 

Now you're gone everything's coming up roses!

  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I may be in danger of becoming a grown up

 

Populist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Quite liking this one as well 

More so recently :kolobok_ph34r:

 

Fuxake, Shads, Andre Rieu? I don't have the words.

Remember when flashmobs were cool?

It's an unbreakable piece of music. I don't know how many different versions I've listened to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Fuxake, Shads, Andre Rieu? I don't have the words.

Remember when flashmobs were cool?

 

In my defence (poor though it may be) it was the first Youtube link that came up.

It must have been for about thirty minutes in early 2004 that Flashmobs were cool. Once T-Mobile got involved they became cynical soulless marketing efforts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shadow said:

In my defence (poor though it may be) it was the first Youtube link that came up.

It must have been for about thirty minutes in early 2004 that Flashmobs were cool. Once T-Mobile got involved they became cynical soulless marketing efforts. 

And there are several very bad Ode to Joy ones out there ... this lot sound good even though it's about as natural as ... well, Andre Rieu.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

And there are several very bad Ode to Joy ones out there ... this lot sound good even though it's about as natural as ... well, Andre Rieu.

Bear in mind that I don't have speakers switched enabled on my work laptop...

I've changed it for something i hope is more to the panel's liking. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.