Rovers news in the YEP regarding cup match plus update

pont rover

i'll bet it's a barrel of laughs in your house! Do you ever make a positive post?

Convinced we can win on thursday? It wasn't long ago you weren't convinced we could avoid relegation!

Let daryl and team sort it out for the greater good of the club. That's what he's paid for. If you don't go c'est la vie.

We're top of the league - easy tiger!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Sorry Ovo but i've got to disagree with most of what you say. To win a franchise you don't need to "build a case" you just need to tick all the boxes. i.e. Income, crowds, facilities, GF place or NRC win etc. Losing by 26 or 60 points makes no difference to what we need to achieve to apply for a licence as success in the Cup is not a requirement. And to say "we should not be worried about Toulouse" is just the sort of attitude we don't want. I bet Widnes thought that. This division is very competetive and i know we have had a great start but we should be treating every game as a cup final. As for saying "we will only have one play-off game this season", well i hope the players and coaching staff don't think like that. Leaving out some of our most influential players is commonsense. The Toulouse match is more important by far.

Lots of clubs will tick boxes... by building a case I mean lets show what differentiates us...

If we could say:

- We raised the profile of the game via Chris Moyles

- We have the best team outside of superleague

- We have the best reserve team outside of superleague

- We have a great scholarship setup and the results back that up

- We have started work on our ground (demonstrable)

- and we were within x points of the challenge cup champions

the point is to make yourself as difficult to ignore as possible and present this properly.

Disrespecting the RFL's flagship competition is not going to win friends and influence.

I am not trying to take Toulouse lightly or be dismissive of them. We should be playing the best team we can in that game of course. The point I am trying to make is that I think we have a deep enough squad to win that game. DP wanted a deeper squad for those needs, and he has it.

The one game to the final was a joke, hence the smiley. But the point I am making is that our schedule over the season is likely to be less than our competitors.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

i'll bet it's a barrel of laughs in your house! Do you ever make a positive post?

Convinced we can win on thursday? It wasn't long ago you weren't convinced we could avoid relegation!

Let daryl and team sort it out for the greater good of the club. That's what he's paid for. If you don't go c'est la vie.

We're top of the league - easy tiger!

My predictions about struggling were obviously wrong and i'm over the moon with the season so far. I just don't think we should be going over there with anything but our strongest team and i don't think any of the players will be happy to sit this one out absolutely now way. There is ample time for our players to recover and beat Toulouse.

That's for us to debate, but the coach to decide!

Threatening not to go because the coach sees it different to you???? What's all that about??

Like your critical post on saturday re the team selection. The coach called it correctly - again! That's why he's a coach. He has to make the judgement balanced between what some players/fans want and the greater good for the club!

I can't see the point in taking any unnecessary risks. Anything other than 'total prep' for thursday won't do. It's by far the most important game.

Lots of clubs will tick boxes... by building a case I mean lets show what differentiates us...

If we could say:

- We raised the profile of the game via Chris Moyles

- We have the best team outside of superleague

- We have the best reserve team outside of superleague

- We have a great scholarship setup and the results back that up

- We have started work on our ground (demonstrable)

- and we were within x points of the challenge cup champions

the point is to make yourself as difficult to ignore as possible and present this properly.

Disrespecting the RFL's flagship competition is not going to win friends and influence.

I am not trying to take Toulouse lightly or be dismissive of them. We should be playing the best team we can in that game of course. The point I am trying to make is that I think we have a deep enough squad to win that game. DP wanted a deeper squad for those needs, and he has it.

The one game to the final was a joke, hence the smiley. But the point I am making is that our schedule over the season is likely to be less than our competitors.

All excellent points Ovo, but they mean nothing, it's the ticks in the boxes that count. How many points we lose by to Warrington or having the best reserve side etc are not relevant. The one thing we HAVE to do this season is at least get to the GF and nothing must stand in the way of that. I don't believe playing a weakened side is disrespecting the RFLs competition i think it's being totally realistic about our position and most people in RL would understand where our priorities are. I'm not for one minute talking about throwing in all the young uns, more like playing all the 1st team squad players who aren't playing regularly and those U21s who are upto the task. Two games in 5 days and Toulouse is the only one that matters.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

That's for us to debate, but the coach to decide!

Threatening not to go because the coach sees it different to you???? What's all that about??

Like your critical post on saturday re the team selection. The coach called it correctly - again! That's why he's a coach. He has to make the judgement balanced between what some players/fans want and the greater good for the club!

I can't see the point in taking any unnecessary risks. Anything other than 'total prep' for thursday won't do. It's by far the most important game.

The one time he's chopped and changed in a meaningful match he got it badly wrong!!! It cost us a place in the NR Cup quarters. Now that we are out of that we might aswell give it a good go at Warrington. Our players are a fit bunch, they can play 2 matches in 5 days. Ross played 2 in 3 days last week. Toulouse play St Helens only the day before we play Wire. I'll guarantee that none of the players will want to miss this match.

My thought of possibly not going is that i think the players and fans are owed the chance to have a good crack at one of the best teams in the country and the cup holders after a pretty amazing start to the season. It is not an unnecessary risk, its a game of rugby for rugby players and game of the standard most of the players won't experience too much off anymore. I'll ask you this question, how important is any match for us? We could win every match this season but we won't get to test ourselves in the top league its just a dead end. Rugby league is a total joke off the pitch!!

This is music to my ears. The only possible result on Sunday is a heavy Rovers loss. I see that as a fact, no matter what strength team we put out.

Therefore, the best possible outcome against Wire is to avoid injuries to key personnel. If this is achieved via leaving out those key personnel then so be it. It shows that DP is being both proactive and realistic.

The flipside is that we play our strongest team, pick up injuries to the likes of Saxton and Finn, etc. Then on TV, when we have a real opportunity to showcase what we are all about this season, we're suddenly a depleted team, playing a team which beat Widnes last week, rueing the fact that we put out our full strength squad, chasing an impossible dream in a competition meaningless to us.

I would personally put out a full second team or forfeit, but seeing as that is impossible, DP's more diplomatic, careful approach is yet more evidence that he is a shrewd operator. I'm rapidly becoming a huge DP fan.

Roll on Thursday week, when we'll be fit, raring to go, and ready to cement our position as the strongest team in OUR competition.

Warrington is NOT important as a game in my eyes! It's a jolly up for the fans - nowt else and you cannot possibly guarantee what 'every' player is thinking!

Thursday is everything in context of this season.

These are just our views - but I will support the coach either way he goes and wouldn't consider withdrawing my support at anytime should my opinions differ from the club/coaching team. I cannot understand why you would suggest that - but as I said, c'est la vie, it's your choice. Not really my place to judge so I won't.

It could well be mind games. When SL clubs play the Co-Op clubs in the cup they usually rest one or two and bring in fringe players, many of whom play a blinder because they are out to impress, while some of the stars have off-days. If we play a full-strength side Warrington won't be treating us as lightly as in the past, because of our current form, and after Fax's showing at Cas last year.

If we have any doubts about anyone not being able to perform to their usual standard twice in four days, they should be rested for the Cup game, providing we have a high calibre fringe playery to stand in for them. It will also give vital game time to those who may have to step in later in the season to cover injuries and suspensions. Many of these lads would normally have played once or twice by now, but you don't change a winning team, and we have been lucky on the injury front so far.

No-one should be brought in from the reserves, however, unless they appear capable of challenging for a first team spot.

I agree Mark, Robin has got it right.

I am only being selfish because it's my first game of the season and I am wetting myself with anticpation! I will be there on Thursday as well, so I'll get to see them all play anyway. All I am hoping for on Sunday is a big crowd, a few pints of decent beer, walking away with my head held high (in flat cap) and a hell of a sore throat on Monday.

Bring it on!

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

I agree Mark, Robin has got it right.

I am only being selfish because it's my first game of the season and I am wetting myself with anticpation! I will be there on Thursday as well, so I'll get to see them all play anyway. All I am hoping for on Sunday is a big crowd, a few pints of decent beer, walking away with my head held high (in flat cap) and a hell of a sore throat on Monday.

Bring it on!

I envy you all! Have a good one, and give 'em a shout for me. ;)

We can still win next thursday if we put a full team out on sunday. I'm considering staying a home now on sunday despite already having bought tickets. Not travelling over there to watch an understrength Rovers team.

You go there to support the team. Whoever DP decides will play will be the chosen team for the day. I think DP knows exactly what he's doing and I will certainly be there to cheer on them on. Just go and enjoy yourself.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Win or lose i will still be cheering the lads on.Having watched the rovers in the top flight,i would still like it happen how ever impossible it is.You don,t often get chance to see the rovers play a top team so bring it ON.

ROVERS ROVERS

ps over the years if i thought its not worth going because they might lose i wouldn,t have seen many games

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

Concentrate on the league,the cup is beyond you. (So please put out a weak team and give the holders an even easier passage into the next round!) :D

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Concentrate on the league,the cup is beyond you. (So please put out a weak team and give the holders an even easier passage into the next round!) :D

And a statement of the right bleeding obvious!!!!!!! Why would it matter to you what team we send? The two sides are unevenly matched. Loads of overseas players v 1!! Full time v Semi pro. Massive salary cap v next to nowt!!!

It's always only going to be that way you oaf. Now toddle along and deal with puberty!

And a statement of the right bleeding obvious!!!!!!! Why would it matter to you what team we send? The two sides are unevenly matched. Loads of overseas players v 1!! Full time v Semi pro. Massive salary cap v next to nowt!!!

It's always only going to be that way you oaf. Now toddle along and deal with puberty!

Oooooh Robin, stop being harsh on the poor mite. A man in your line of work should understand that he can't help it ;)

I bet he's a right barrel of laugh's really :huh:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Latest news from the YEP regarding the Warrington game

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/rlhe...-cup.6231713.jp

Great news that we are selecting from our 20 strongest players. That is me happy because I don't think that if a couple of those added to the squad play it sees us any weaker as a team.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

Great news that we are selecting from our 20 strongest players. That is me happy because I don't think that if a couple of those added to the squad play it sees us any weaker as a team.

were gunna win -i sense the unthinkable becoming a distinct possibility

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe