Who is going to stop us?

Weeman88

I am a realist and i know we will get beat at some point, but at the minute who is going to beat us? We have one of the best sides for years and after watching Leigh the other night i wasn't really convinced that they are as good as us, i thought Dewsbury made quite a few errors and gave the game away. Widnes pushed us last night but with better conditions and a better ref i think we would have had too much 4 them. Then there is Halifax and Barrow who are good sides on their day! What do people think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're one win short of Halifax' start to the 2009 season.

What did they win? The plate competition for first round losers in the Blackpool 9s.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

I am a realist and i know we will get beat at some point, but at the minute who is going to beat us? We have one of the best sides for years and after watching Leigh the other night i wasn't really convinced that they are as good as us, i thought Dewsbury made quite a few errors and gave the game away. Widnes pushed us last night but with better conditions and a better ref i think we would have had too much 4 them. Then there is Halifax and Barrow who are good sides on their day! What do people think?

Its an unusual position for us to be in at the beginning of a season. We must guard against complacency and the next game is so important. We must treat it as our first and not as the ninth in a row. Last season after a euphoric victory at Halifax Toulouse brought us back down to earth. We are a better team than last year. But the answer to your question is that almost anybody will feel that they can stop us.But like everyone else I do hope it continues.

We're one win short of Halifax' start to the 2009 season.

What did they win? The plate competition for first round losers in the Blackpool 9s.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

exactly stuart. None of dozy matt's howlers here. I'm happy, nay manic in my appreciation of the team so far this season, but we are only one loss away from ground level! Leigh to play twice,barrow and widnes down here and fax at their gaff. All good teams capable of beating anyone in this league.

Good to neet cliffe yesterday - tho didn't he pick a game to come back for eh? Can he come again? Lol!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

long, long way to go and i have been heartbroken by this club more times than i care to remember, i will never forget going home from the 1976 challenge cup semi final at Swinton against Widnes we were 9-0 up at half time and i think lost 14-9 i went home in tears. I for one will never take anything for granted regards Rovers. I also remember the 1978 semi final against Leeds at odsal again home in floods of tears.

Sorry i have followed the Rovers for too many years to get carried away with our start to the season.The team and coaching staff are brilliant at the moment but this is Featherstone Rovers and i wont get carried away until the last minute of the grand final. I will still enjoy every game like last nights until ......................................................

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

exactly stuart. None of dozy matt's howlers here. I'm happy, nay manic in my appreciation of the team so far this season, but we are only one loss away from ground level! Leigh to play twice,barrow and widnes down here and fax at their gaff. All good teams capable of beating anyone in this league.

Good to neet cliffe yesterday - tho didn't he pick a game to come back for eh? Can he come again? Lol!

Ye. I told him that if we lost he was on the first plane back to Africa. He'll make the Toulouse home game before he goes back. Can't wait

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

Dewsbury if when we get our players back and get a fair rub of the green.

i didnt know Warren Jowit was on the forum ;) hahaha no offence mate but they could use the same interview every week for that bloke

We have injuries

The best team lost

Poor ref

i cant see the rams beating us at home

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

Any team can be our next defeat, were top, just enjoy it because it all might come to an end abruptly, and have to endure taunts like calland did. Cant see us winning every league game, too many good teams.

Cummins Out.

I am a realist and i know we will get beat at some point, but at the minute who is going to beat us? We have one of the best sides for years and after watching Leigh the other night i wasn't really convinced that they are as good as us, i thought Dewsbury made quite a few errors and gave the game away.

I don't think I've ever seen us play well at Dewsbury, to be honest - we always struggle there so was just happy with the win after a pretty below par performance, especially four days after playing (and beating) Sheffield with 12 men for 50 minutes.

We showed in the NRC just what we can do against your lot, but that said Fev look a completely different proposition now so I don't think our last meeting really counts for too much. Certainly makes for a humdinger when you come to the LSV, hope you bring as many as you took to the Smogs last night.

hope you bring as many as you took to the Smogs last night.

All 200 of us according to a Widnes fan :lol: we managed to make a fair amount of noise to say there were so few :rolleyes:

If our good run of results continue i shouldn't see why not, tho i guess it all depends on the amount of notice we get to the re-arrangement and individuals prior engagements

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

Comfortably 3-400 I'd have thought. Was boosted by a few neutrals though ;)

oh aye. neutrals! you werent the guy who said 'never been so happy to drop into 2nd' were you at ft walking out the gents were you?

Cummins Out.

oh aye. neutrals! you werent the guy who said 'never been so happy to drop into 2nd' were you at ft walking out the gents were you?

Got it in one, that was me :lol:

Was two of us in Leigh away tops of a few years ago that look suspiciously like Fev tops, and actually bumped in to 4 other Leythers who were of the same opinion as me and my mate...old habits die hard! :D

Was two of us in Leigh away tops of a few years ago that look suspiciously like Fev tops, and actually bumped in to 4 other Leythers who were of the same opinion as me and my mate...old habits die hard! :D

:D

(btw whats happened to the Leythers XIII side? all gone quite since the big guy, i want to say gaz?, stepped down)

Cummins Out.

I was sat next to a couple of Leythers in away tops asked em if they'd come to see a proper team play on the way by, was that you's?

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

how arrogant can you be???? no wonder featherstone get so much stick. As posted in your bleating about SL ...read and weap...

2009 Barrow

Championship League Winners

Grand Final Winners

NRC Cup Finalists

2009 Featherstone

Nothing

2010 Barrow

NRC Quarter Finals...(still to play)

Challenge Cup last 16 with a good chance of a quarter final place.

Championship League Curently 5th with a game in hand.

2010 Featherstone

NRC out

Challenge Cup out

Championship League Currently 1st place

Games played in all competitons

Barrow Played 13 games

Won 10

lost 2

Drawn 1

Featherstone played 14 Games

Won 11

lost 2

Drawn 1

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

He was asking a question soss which you haven 't even answeres in your rambling. It's a fev forum with a fev fan asking a question about fev whats your issue?

To be quite honest with you I can see a possible loss to leigh away, a struggle at toulouse away and halifax away which could go either way, but we won't lose a home game...... including against you

you can spout about how wel you did last year when we won nothing. but the question was who will stop us THIS season, hence last year as part of a reply to his question means NOTHING

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

how arrogant can you be???? no wonder featherstone get so much stick. As posted in your bleating about SL ...read and weap...

2009 Barrow

Grand Final Winners

NRC Cup Finalists

2009 Featherstone

Nothing

2010 Barrow

2010 Featherstone

NRC out

Challenge Cup out

Barrow Played 13 games

Won 10

lost 2

Drawn 1

Won 11

lost 2

Drawn 1

Read his first line again, think he echos the rest of the opinions on this forum, people have supporting this club too long to become arrogant about first place and not even half way through a season.

Cummins Out.

He was asking a question soss which you haven 't even answeres in your rambling. It's a fev forum with a fev fan asking a question about fev whats your issue?

To be quite honest with you I can see a possible loss to leigh away, a struggle at toulouse away and halifax away which could go either way, but we won't lose a home game...... including against you

you can spout about how wel you did last year when we won nothing. but the question was who will stop us THIS season, hence last year as part of a reply to his question means NOTHING

All this is on the back of 8 wins compared to other teams such as Barrow who are 6 games undefeated...as for my reference to 2009 it covers the comments "....good on their day!"

If you took time to read my ramblings you would see that other than the League (just as Halifax last season) you are actually having a worse season than Barrow.

To even ask the question "Who is out there that can beat us?" IS arrogance.

As for this being a FEV Forum ..does that mean we are not entitled to our opinions?????

Sorry quick Edit to answer your question.....ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS CAPABLE OF BEATING YOU AS DID BATLEY WITH BARROW LAST SEASON!!!

Edited by soss

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

All this is on the back of 8 wins compared to other teams such as Barrow who are 6 games undefeated...as for my reference to 2009 it covers the comments "....good on their day!"

If you took time to read my ramblings you would see that other than the League (just as Halifax last season) you are actually having a worse season than Barrow.

To even ask the question "Who is out there that can beat us?" IS arrogance.

As for this being a FEV Forum ..does that mean we are not entitled to our opinions?????

Sorry quick Edit to answer your question.....ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS CAPABLE OF BEATING YOU AS DID BATLEY WITH BARROW LAST SEASON!!!

I agree, anybody can beat anybody else, thats why its a great league to be top of right now... but the exact quote is

I am a realist and i know we will get beat at some point, but at the minute who is going to beat us?

Depends how you want to read it I suppose.

Cummins Out.

2009 Barrow

Grand Final Winners

NRC Cup Finalists

2009 Featherstone

Nothing

2010 Barrow

2010 Featherstone

NRC out

Challenge Cup out

Barrow Played 13 games

Won 10

lost 2

Drawn 1

Won 11

lost 2

Drawn 1

for gods sake man read the rest of the replys wont you, for what its worth our chances of super league are nil but there still better than yours, you either need a new stadium or 3 new stands, where as ours will be complete next year.

When was the last time you won a major trophy?

Edited by LOWFIELD

This game is fickle like a young loose lady. I still believe all teams are capable of beating each other and as such I respect that. Sill remarks about team stats have NO bearing as each team will perform differently against their opposition. No one gave us a thought outside of Featherstone for this seasn and losing as we did against Leigh, gave the other teams no cause for concern. Now the cat is out of then bag different tactics will be used against us by opponents. That's the way of the World, by the way Soss, how many points have you scored this season and how many against ? perhaps that might be food for thought, unless of course you are an unfortunate elderly lady voter from Rochdale who happened to wind up Mr. Brown.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

As good as it is to have a history of winnig major trophies it is what it is and thats history.

What matters is the results this season and next and so on.

I believe we can win this competition as do barrow, halifax, widnes, leigh and probably other teams.

The question of who is going to beat us? It could be a team we expect to lose to or one of the so called 'lower teams'.

We WILL get beat at some point though (hope not)

Nowt arrogant just my opinion.

Edited by FevDean32