Referee

Don't know who you support and i don't care but you are entirely correct. We lost, nowt we can do about it, time to move on. The game is now in the past and i for one will not give it another moments thought.

Having been at the game, having a bit of difficulty seeing (operation back end of May), I reserved judgement until I got home and watched it on recorded tele. I reckon the ref got it just about right in his judgements against us but did not replicate those judgements against the French team. We lost. If we hadn't made those mistakes we would not have been penalised. More discipline and we are about there. We were out muscled and that wants looking at. But still a good season so far. Cup resuylts indicate that our performance against Warrington was pretty good. Keep it up lads.

ay

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one certainly dont think we should accept inept officials or bent dishonest ones, we are a professional sport and we pay our money and give up our time to watch and cheer our team, nowhere does it state that we should accept being robbed. If that ref is inept then he shouldn't be reffing, neither should he be if he is dishonest and thats the thing with video coverage, you cant hide from the truth as it's there for all to see! Clearly from the video evidence he is either inept or bent! Spotting whether players are stood square or not isn't rocket science, as soon as the ball is played the markers can move, i still can't get his decisions to rest in my head. How can anyone get such a simple interpretation so wrong accidentally i know five year olds who can spot whos standing square!, it smacks of dishonesty to me!! I fear for the future of the game if this isn't dealt with openly.

But as has been shown by our so called family of supporters from other clubs, chipping in with their tripe, they don't care because were just the insignificant cappers! we are nothing to them!

Edited by Mick H

Having been at the game, having a bit of difficulty seeing (operation back end of May), I reserved judgement until I got home and watched it on recorded tele. I reckon the ref got it just about right in his judgements against us but did not replicate those judgements against the French team. We lost. If we hadn't made those mistakes we would not have been penalised. More discipline and we are about there. We were out muscled and that wants looking at. But still a good season so far. Cup resuylts indicate that our performance against Warrington was pretty good. Keep it up lads.

ay

You not seen the video clips on the main sight? or is standing square all of a sudden not standing square now?

You not seen the video clips on the main sight? or is standing square all of a sudden not standing square now?

Look at the shadows they are not square.. camera angles can be so deceptive. :D

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

At the end of the day we lost. We cannot change that now, nor will the RFL change their mind on that decision. Toulouse out-muscled us and despite some dubious decisions by the referee they were the triumphant team at the end of the day. We did not play as well as we should have done with or without the referees interferance.

The referee will call as he sees fit, video or no video. The RFL is constantly assessing the referees and together the refs analyse each others performance, going over the video replays and learning from what they have done right / wrong.

If the club feels like it has been the victim of a sub-standard refree then it is upto the club to make a complaint to the RFL. I'm sure if enough of you petition the club they might just say something. It is a learning curve and as a team we need to be sharper, take these hard learnt lessons back to the classroom, prepare well for the next game and move on from it. It's going to be a long and difficult season if we keep getting caught up on the "what ifs."

Just watched it. I cannot believe the decission against Morrison. If he was tackled then I am Paul Newlove and the RFL isn't bent.

It was the decision that put us back out 25 and under even more pressure, if it was not for this we would have been 70 meters further down the field with less than 4 minutes to go.

######.

Hope I never see that ref again.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

At the end of the day we lost. We cannot change that now, nor will the RFL change their mind on that decision. Toulouse out-muscled us and despite some dubious decisions by the referee they were the triumphant team at the end of the day. We did not play as well as we should have done with or without the referees interferance.

The referee will call as he sees fit, video or no video. The RFL is constantly assessing the referees and together the refs analyse each others performance, going over the video replays and learning from what they have done right / wrong.

If the club feels like it has been the victim of a sub-standard refree then it is upto the club to make a complaint to the RFL. I'm sure if enough of you petition the club they might just say something. It is a learning curve and as a team we need to be sharper, take these hard learnt lessons back to the classroom, prepare well for the next game and move on from it. It's going to be a long and difficult season if we keep getting caught up on the "what ifs."

At last a post that talks sense and looks forward not back, well said. Im sure Fev will make great strides this season and like all clubs will suffer some shock defeats.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Don't know who you support and i don't care but you are entirely correct. We lost, nowt we can do about it, time to move on. The game is now in the past and i for one will not give it another moments thought.
I don't actually support any particular team but believe it or not i actually think that Fev are and always have been a fantastic club.

It seem's to me that some people felt that Fev could go unbeaten all season.

Just remember where you are now in comparison to last season.

The French were not a bad team.

My message was get over it and move on.

i agree, the shadows aren't square, they're cool, and Cliff Richard is the king.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I for one certainly dont think we should accept inept officials or bent dishonest ones, we are a professional sport and we pay our money and give up our time to watch and cheer our team, nowhere does it state that we should accept being robbed. If that ref is inept then he shouldn't be reffing, neither should he be if he is dishonest and thats the thing with video coverage, you cant hide from the truth as it's there for all to see! Clearly from the video evidence he is either inept or bent! Spotting whether players are stood square or not isn't rocket science, as soon as the ball is played the markers can move, i still can't get his decisions to rest in my head. How can anyone get such a simple interpretation so wrong accidentally i know five year olds who can spot whos standing square!, it smacks of dishonesty to me!! I fear for the future of the game if this isn't dealt with openly.

But as has been shown by our so called family of supporters from other clubs, chipping in with their tripe, they don't care because were just the insignificant cappers! we are nothing to them!

So basically you are the only team who has ever been appointed poor officials!!!!!!!

So basically you are the only team who has ever been appointed poor officials!!!!!!!

correct!

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Where did i say that? I'm saying i don't find it acceptable to have an official be so inept opperating in our game! There should be standards at this level. I'm not a blinkered idiot matey im an intelegent guy, self employed and work all over the world, this ineptitude is not acceptable to me as it brings our game into disrepute, especially when his one sided "wrong" decisions are there for all to see on DVD. (Im not a poet either).

I always give ref's the benefit of the doubt, as their decisions are usually off the cuff with a split second to decide, and everything usually pans out even where the decisions go, this Turley bloke or should that be Turpin! pulled every 50/50 against us and even the 100%ers went against us, that doesn't happen, i was there and couldn't beleive what i was watching! I have had years of watching Fev, watching us play poor against mediocre opposition, this year we have a professional well drilled team that don't make the mistakes he was penalising us for, i've seen the DVD and it's heart breaking to watch us get robbed in that way.

Do you think i want to waste my time and hard earnt money going to watch ineptitude like that, i deserve better as we all do!

Where did i say that? I'm saying i don't find it acceptable to have an official be so inept opperating in our game! There should be standards at this level. I'm not a blinkered idiot matey im an intelegent guy, self employed and work all over the world, this ineptitude is not acceptable to me as it brings our game into disrepute, especially when his one sided "wrong" decisions are there for all to see on DVD. (Im not a poet either).

I always give ref's the benefit of the doubt, as their decisions are usually off the cuff with a split second to decide, and everything usually pans out even where the decisions go, this Turley bloke or should that be Turpin! pulled every 50/50 against us and even the 100%ers went against us, that doesn't happen, i was there and couldn't beleive what i was watching! I have had years of watching Fev, watching us play poor against mediocre opposition, this year we have a professional well drilled team that don't make the mistakes he was penalising us for, i've seen the DVD and it's heart breaking to watch us get robbed in that way.

Do you think i want to waste my time and hard earnt money going to watch ineptitude like that, i deserve better as we all do!

You are entitled to your opinion.You was at the match and have since studied the DVD.

What you appear to be saying is that Mr Turley is dishonest with regard to his decision making in relation to Fev.

Why do you feel that he would be dishonest towards your team?

Turley is fairly inexperienced at this level and to say he is poor or inept is fair enough.

To say that he is dishonest is a serious accusation!!!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion.You was at the match and have since studied the DVD.

What you appear to be saying is that Mr Turley is dishonest with regard to his decision making in relation to Fev.

Why do you feel that he would be dishonest towards your team?

Turley is fairly inexperienced at this level and to say he is poor or inept is fair enough

To say that he is dishonest is a serious accusation!!!!!!

Oh My God! Thanks for the lesson!!

What are you accusing me of saying here? are you accusing me of saying that the ref was dishonest or did i appear to say that? as that too is a serious accusation! Unless you just appeared to say it!

No text speak please

Edited by Maureen T-k

how come everyone on here these days thinks they're me dad! Please im not stupid i don't need telling how to look straight and im pretty good with my spacial awareness thanks! I know what the rules entail and i have seen the shadows, trouble is it's night time and the shadows are from the floodlights. So what are the shadows telling you? that there are eight of them maybe? This is someone having a wind up isn't it?

how come everyone on here these days thinks they're me dad! Please im not stupid i don't need telling how to look straight and im pretty good with my spacial awareness thanks! I know what the rules entail and i have seen the shadows, trouble is it's night time and the shadows are from the floodlights. So what are the shadows telling you? that there are eight of them maybe? This is someone having a wind up isn't it?

Mick, ya need to let it go mate. Think about ya stress levels and besides they are just winding you up.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

6 days and some "fans" are still ranting about the Referee. Everyone is against you cos you won 8 on the trott!!!....

Get a grip ..you lost; stop blaming everyone else cos you think your too good to be beaten.

Edited by soss

6 days and some "fans" are still ranting about the Referee. Everyone is against you cos you won 8 on the trott!!!....

Get a grip ..you lost; stop blaming everyone else cos you think your too good to be beaten.

IM STILL BLAMING THE REF FOR HIS DECISIONS IN THE 74 CUP FINAL-OH WE LOST

and the ref at my pool game last week was a tool

the ref that missed the maradonna handball was bent

dint like lager im a bitter man

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

IM STILL BLAMING THE REF FOR HIS DECISIONS IN THE 74 CUP FINAL-OH WE LOST

and the ref at my pool game last week was a tool

the ref that missed the maradonna handball was bent

dint like lager im a bitter man

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

don't think many are saying that soss! Just the ref was inept!

But regardless of posters motives, it's a fev message baord discussing a refs performance in a game featuring Fev! The ideal place for those who wish to to discuss it methinks, regardless of a time limit and regardless whether you think we should be - don't you agree?

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

don't think many are saying that soss! Just the ref was inept!

But regardless of posters motives, it's a fev message baord discussing a refs performance in a game featuring Fev! The ideal place for those who wish to to discuss it methinks, regardless of a time limit and regardless whether you think we should be - don't you agree?

I was a referee for more years than I care to remember and it still annoys me that the losing side always blames the "inept" referee.

You are right it is your forum and I usually enjoy the banter and perhaps it should not bother me but I wish some people would take defeat with a bit of dignity and not blame the guy in the middle with such ferocity by calling him inept, bent, bias, incompetent or what ever. At the end of the day he did not gift the game to Toulouse.

Sorry if I'm out of order Robin but its how I feel as an ex-official. I will try to curb my enthusiasm

:D

your not out of order soss! Not at all. After I broke my leg playing rugby I reffed union for a while - it's not easy, I accept that.

You'll notice I haven't really engaged on the ref debate on this thread. I just choose not to. I personally feel we contributed far more to the result than owt the ref did.

But I respect the wish, need, or occassion of any fan to post their view. A few of us feel agrieved at the refs performance last Thursday and I would have thought that this is the ideal place for discussing it, or even venting one's spleen!!! not that my opinion counts for owt - of course!!! :lol::lol:

Keep smiling owd cock!

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)