NEW GROUND PART 1, 2, 3 and 4

tms

now we seem to be upgrading what we've got I hope we don't go down the soulless all seater football type stadium route we have just been to halifax leigh and widnes all very pretty but no atmosphere two stands closed. what's that all about?

Before people go off on one I'm not talking about a vast swathe of terracing. all we need is what we've got today 10 high with 10 rows of seats behind or above. Something similar to the one behind the sticks at headingley would be ideal

Why terracing?

1 better atmosphere remember the bullock and it was a lot better in the old main stand when terracing in front of seats. added bonus fewer seats mean people have to sit closer together better atmosphere ground looks fuller.

2 gets crowd closer to pitch give players stick once again the bullock and what they nowget from back of sticks make them fearful of coming to FEV!

3 terracing a lot cheaper. remember you've got to build terracing first before you plonk a bit of plastic on it, so get rid of the plastic.

4 terracing significantly increases capacity without increasing the footprint of the existing ground taken from last months Rugby League World. In it they assess teams applying for next round of franchise and I quote""The Big Fellas Stadium as it has become known this season currently has a capacity of 6800 which would rise towards 11 000 with the installation of crush barriers on the terracing" if this is true then for little cost we've got the capacity to tick another box on the francise without radical change. so please BOD DON'T act like scared rabbits in the headlights of sky and the rfl and build something that looks nice on the tele but is not fit for purpose. lets build a fan friendly ground with four small stands, a proper rugby league venue!

DISCUSS

When we build the new ground we should make it carbon neutral, for example put wind turbines on top of floodlights or solar panels on roof. collect our own water. we don't need to generate much initial power just enough to run a turbine then bobs your uncle. why carbon neutral?

1 the government are falling over them selves for such projects', the environment agency is throwing money about in the form of grants to achieve this objective. a business friend of mine is considering this for his factory and told me to convert existing site to carbon neutral you can get up to 50% of all costs

2 because government policy planning permission nailed on

3 when not in use all power can be sold back to national grid. Quids in.

DISCUSS

now we all know we've got a bundle of land. in the past there's been talk of a business park supermarket et al. but still nothing down on paper. I think its time to change tack. lets build houses on the land. why houses?

1 government policy to build more affordable housing all over the country so lets build basic houses for rent, as its government policy nailed on planning permission especially as there are plans afoot to build 400 new homes adjacent to our land.

2 at the moment the going rate for rental in FEV is give or take

There is a plan of the proposed area for housing on the Featherstone Make a Difference Forum. The access is to be from Pontefract Road. (Could be why the redundant bookies was demolished.) Does this mean it isn't necessary to move the ground 25 yards to make an access at the back of Post Office Road? If the ground is moved, can the playing area be levelled?

The nation stadium in Dublin, Croke Park, is trying to be Carbon Neutral

http://www.crokepark.ie/About/Cul-Green

If we can afford, or get grants for the increased capital expenditure, its a fantastic idea

The ground needs to be moved up onto the training pitch because the current pitch isn't the required 100m posts to posts, plus will give us space to develop both ends of the ground.

What about levelling? Do the Rovers' fans want it levelled?

now we all know we've got a bundle of land. in the past there's been talk of a business park supermarket et al. but still nothing down on paper. I think its time to change tack. lets build houses on the land. why houses?

1 government policy to build more affordable housing all over the country so lets build basic houses for rent, as its government policy nailed on planning permission especially as there are plans afoot to build 400 new homes adjacent to our land.

2 at the moment the going rate for rental in FEV is give or take

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Nah

Don't forget there is also the nine lakes to consider. I reckon we will have road widening as well to accommodate all the new house access to the 9 lakes and a new football ground plus all the shopping and commercial outlers that are mooted.

When we build the new ground we should make it carbon neutral, for example put wind turbines on top of floodlights or solar panels on roof. collect our own water. we don't need to generate much initial power just enough to run a turbine then bobs your uncle. why carbon neutral?

1 the government are falling over them selves for such projects', the environment agency is throwing money about in the form of grants to achieve this objective. a business friend of mine is considering this for his factory and told me to convert existing site to carbon neutral you can get up to 50% of all costs

2 because government policy planning permission nailed on

3 when not in use all power can be sold back to national grid. Quids in.

DISCUSS

I am not trying to cause trouble here and I am sure I have mentioned this before. I had a contact who's company works with sports stadia installing machinary to generate their own electricity by recycling their rubbish ( dont ask me how it works). The company has worked with several big football clubs including Glasgow Rangers.

I passed on the contacts name and number to Andy Prout via the office - no contact was made so I passed on the number again to Steve Evans - Now 2 years later on , Guess what ?

Edited by F.Slater
frankslater1copy.jpg

From what I have heard about them, solar panels will be a none starter.

I work for a company who has the largest acreage (yes, acreage, not sq/ft) of roof in the world and although they want to be carbon neutral, they have given up on the idea of solar panels due to the cost involved versus return. They have to be constantly cleaned to remain effective and the carbon produced in manufacturing would take an average of 125 years to reach 'break even'. Example :- the ones at B&Q, cost

The weak conform, the strong survive.

From what I have heard about them, solar panels will be a none starter.

I work for a company who has the largest acreage (yes, acreage, not sq/ft) of roof in the world and although they want to be carbon neutral, they have given up on the idea of solar panels due to the cost involved versus return. They have to be constantly cleaned to remain effective and the carbon produced in manufacturing would take an average of 125 years to reach 'break even'. Example :- the ones at B&Q, cost

Cummins Out.