We must return to a competitive sport

Vic Johnson

Absolute spot on - We will never get anywhere if we build a good team then the SL clubs come alone sniffing and pick the best.

how good would it feel now if it were P&R this season and we are 6 points clear - would be well exciting - and the SL clubs sweating it out for the drop....

i have had three interesting conversations recently with fans ftom superleague clubs.

A cas fan said "we are in Super League sod the rest"

A Trinity fan said there is no promotion or relegation, we are terrible, no point in going to watch it is meaningless. Not going again this season.

A Leeds Fans wants promotion and relegation back so all clubs have to be competative. This makes the games better quality and attracts the fans. He is looking forward to Featherstone being back at the top league again.

Can you see the FA not having promotion and relegation

My mate is a cas fan... he comes to the odd fev match and he's said all season that he's glad they don't have to play us this season because they would lose every time........

From one of their own i take that as a compliment

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

What the Cas fan doesn't realise is that if they lose their franchise they might never get it back because in 3 years time clubs like Toulouse will be ready to step up and Cas will be down the pecking order.Also Cas would be competing against Fev for a spot and if our ground is up to standard and we are competitive on the pitch,with the progression we've made we would be in with a fair shout of getting the nod over them

I get the feeling that the club that will be kicked out this next time round will probably be Salford and not one of our near neighbours.

Dont think Salford will get the boot because there are more teams in from this side off the hill, plus there stadium has started. I would put money on either Cas or Wakey wouldnt bet on which of those gets the boot though

Dont think Salford will get the boot because there are more teams in from this side off the hill, plus there stadium has started. I would put money on either Cas or Wakey wouldnt bet on which of those gets the boot though

Bearing in mind Wakefield have already sold Belle Vue, where will they play if the new stadium doesn't happen? (Which is looking likely) I'd say They're looking pretty much doomed at this stage, and that could save Cas.

It's all very well the RFL having these edicts, but if there aren't enough teams with what they consider to be an adequate stadium, then what? House of cards springs to mind...hope it's not too breezy at Red Hall.

Wakey are doomed mate! Doomed I tells ya! :lol:

I hope its Cas, although i find it funny the statement John Kears just come out with regarding P+R i wonder what he would think if his club wernt in the firing line. The game is becoming a joke and the coach"s keep coming out with statements that make them appear very self centred. I also notice the Bradford chairman having a spat with Tony Smith when he suggested reducing super league to 10 or 12 teams. 2 divisions are on there way too many people are talking about reducing the top division.

I used to love watching most teams just to get a RL fix it wasn't very often a mach did not have any meaning, but now in super duper we seem to get half a game of bog average Rugby and half a game of tig and pass.

It dose not matter what the supporters think, Sky and the RFL will do as they please, looking at the gates in all divisions of the game to me we are on our last legs and supporters are voting with their feet, and all we can do is sit and watch it happen how sad. Dose anyone know what has happened to this Dick Lewis he seems to be very quiet all of a sudden.

insert comma between Dick and Lewis.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Dose anyone know what has happened to this Dick Lewis he seems to be very quiet all of a sudden.

He's changed his surname to Head and gone into hiding!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Following on from Ian's post I too read with interest Rodney Walkers statement that the area doesn't need two top stadiums within such a small radius and one would suffice for two or even three clubs. Looks like Wakefield and Castleford are waiting for us to finish our stadium first.

I hope we get a good rent from them! :D

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Following on from Ian's post I too read with interest Rodney Walkers statement that the area doesn't need two top stadiums within such a small radius and one would suffice for two or even three clubs. Looks like Wakefield and Castleford are waiting for us to finish our stadium first.

I hope we get a good rent from them! :D

Nice to see you at the match Bob. Hope the information received doesn't mean that we will be Calder Rovers in the near future. That could be an Aire raising experience.

A Rhino fan told me that a few of his mates are sick of visiting soulless grounds like Harlequins and then not having enough visiting fans from the likes of teams like them and Catalans to have banter with. He says he misses the days when the Rhinos used to visit Fev and other traditional grounds. The RL AND SKY need a good kick up the @rse or even still lets see some resignations and someone needs to reclaim our sport. ITS SICK AND DYING they need to take off their blinkers and quick.

Anyone noticed the Sir Rodney Walker bit in the business section of the Pont & C*s this week? He mentions something to the tune of "its not feasible for 2 x

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

When I was a lad we had three top class (ish) sides in the area and the floating supporter could watch any one they fancied, depending who was at home and who they were playing. We didn't have three top class stadiums (still don't!) but did it matter? It's only since the powers that be gained delusions of grandeur about the importance of Rugby League nationally that we started to have all this nonsense about grounds. Sure it's nice to have a bit of comfort to watch the game, but to me it's more important to get the product right on the field and get the competitive element back that so sadly missing from our game.

Sorry mate but i can't agree, i'm glad to see the back of some of the dumps we used to visit. Fans deserve a better class of stadium. Gone are the days where the "facilities" were a wall to pee up against, and open to the elements. Grounds that were dilapidated and in some cases dangerous. I'm not saying we should all be playing in brand new all seater stadiums but we shouldn't have to put up with some of the holes we have had to previously.

The product on the pitch has nothing to do with the ground, it's to do with competition and striving to be better. With the abolition of P+R competition has been removed for more than half of SL and almost entirely for our division. It's noticable that the standard of RL in SL has declined since licensing was introduced. They have even extended the play-offs to eight teams to try and give them something to play for to the end of the season. In truth the bottom 5 or 6 clubs in SL are only playing a series of friendlies but as they can't be relegated the standard they produce is poor. Also this is the reason why some FEV fans i know don't come to games anymore, they feel we are just playing 20 odd friendlies a year because the chance of promotion has been taken away. I honestly believe that RL at championship level is dying and i hope to god that someone does something before it's too late.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Sorry mate but i can't agree, i'm glad to see the back of some of the dumps we used to visit. Fans deserve a better class of stadium. Gone are the days where the "facilities" were a wall to pee up against, and open to the elements. Grounds that were dilapidated and in some cases dangerous. I'm not saying we should all be playing in brand new all seater stadiums but we shouldn't have to put up with some of the holes we have had to previously.

The product on the pitch has nothing to do with the ground, it's to do with competition and striving to be better. With the abolition of P+R competition has been removed for more than half of SL and almost entirely for our division. It's noticable that the standard of RL in SL has declined since licensing was introduced. They have even extended the play-offs to eight teams to try and give them something to play for to the end of the season. In truth the bottom 5 or 6 clubs in SL are only playing a series of friendlies but as they can't be relegated the standard they produce is poor. Also this is the reason why some FEV fans i know don't come to games anymore, they feel we are just playing 20 odd friendlies a year because the chance of promotion has been taken away. I honestly believe that RL at championship level is dying and i hope to god that someone does something before it's too late.

Yes there were some holes and I don't want to go back to that either, but the point I'm trying to make is that all this insistence on these super grounds which will never be full to capacity anyway, with the exception of a few clubs, is distorting what's important. Surely the quality of the team is what's important, not all these stupid criteria. The removal of P & R is part and parcel of all this nonsense. I'm not disagreeing with anything else you say, I'm just trying to point out the futility of the system we have at the moment

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

Yes there were some holes and I don't want to go back to that either, but the point I'm trying to make is that all this insistence on these super grounds which will never be full to capacity anyway, with the exception of a few clubs, is distorting what's important. Surely the quality of the team is what's important, not all these stupid criteria. The removal of P & R is part and parcel of all this nonsense. I'm not disagreeing with anything else you say, I'm just trying to point out the futility of the system we have at the moment

The main point being they are asking clubs to improve grounds when they know for a fact most of them will never be allowed at the top level and thus meanwhile going bankrupt trying to keep up with ground standards. How many clubs need 12,000 stadia?Whats wrong with our ground at present? Whats wrong with Batleys ground for instance? We wouldnt need a 12,000 stadia if hell froze over and they invited us into Super league. Its time the game lost its dillusions of grandeur. Safe grounds by all means but empty looking ones never