Credit Where It Is Due

sliggster1

I must say that the Barrow fans were a credit to their club today! Throughout the day they were always polite and enjoyed the good banter (even after 70 by them). Most even stopped to see Fev lift the shield which was great to see and even have a chat in the car park 20 mins after the game had finished. Well done Barrow you should be proud of your support.

AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!

sliggster1.gif

Spoke to several of them at half time. They were strongly under the impression that there is something radically wrong behind the scenes involving wages.

On paper they should have given us a better game than they did, but that is not taking anything away from our performance.

There were a fair few of em in the clubhouse long after the final hooter.

Maybe looking to swop allegience to Rovers?

Don't flatter yourself Sidnee..... :lol:

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Spoke to several of them at half time. They were strongly under the impression that there is something radically wrong behind the scenes involving wages.

On paper they should have given us a better game than they did, but that is not taking anything away from our performance.

We performed well. But as far as tackling went they appeared to be just going through the motions. Something definitely wrong somewhere at Barrow. They owed their fans a better perfomance than they produced today.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

kind of jogged my memory a little to that mad mad outrageously anarchic afternoon in the Ambrose 1st game of the season - which I still maintain is one of the best away days ever!

Not many of either set of fans would have envisaged the season would have turned out thus!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The barrow fans were brilliant, felt for the players and can understand they feel on a downer if the rumours are true

Good to see them applauding the Rovers team as they made their circuit after receiving the shield.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

kind of jogged my memory a little to that mad mad outrageously anarchic afternoon in the Ambrose 1st game of the season - which I still maintain is one of the best away days ever!

And your guts still haven't recovered from the quality ale consumed that day!!! :huh:

The weak conform, the strong survive.

I was in disguise sat chatting with a lovely couple who work behind the bar at the Barrow ground and i must say as Rovers ran in 3 tries while we chatted they were just happy to be following their team...... a real credit to rugby league

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Until the 'new' stadiums came along it was normal to mix in with with fans from the opposing team. Now we have segregation in the new places, Sharing a your love of the game with others was always part of the day. In fact I can't think of many occasions where trouble has started between rival fans at PO.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Until the 'new' stadiums came along it was normal to mix in with with fans from the opposing team. Now we have segregation in the new places, Sharing a your love of the game with others was always part of the day. In fact I can't think of many occasions where trouble has started between rival fans at PO.

Bloody helll Vic in the challenge cup games in the 70s, iv seen fans battling for the full 80 mins and having to be seperated by police dog sections. Then people will moan about the youths of today

Bloody helll Vic in the challenge cup games in the 70s, iv seen fans battling for the full 80 mins and having to be seperated by police dog sections. Then people will moan about the youths of today

Didnt spent much time round the back of the old bullock shed then lol