Repeat Fixtures in the Play-Offs

People have been harking on about the possibilities of repeat fixtures in the play-offs (i.e. Wigan & Leeds this year).

Just an idea, not sure if people would agree or not, but what about an aggregate system?

e.g. Wigan lost to Leeds 26-27. So if they meet again in the play-offs, they have to win by more than one point. If they draw, they're out, ad if they win by 1 point it's extra time.

It's just an idea to make the repeat play-off format more fair on the team that won the first game. I think it would be a bit unfair if sayWire won today and then beat Saints by 1 point after Saints demolished them in week one.

Thoughts?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

People have been harking on about the possibilities of repeat fixtures in the play-offs (i.e. Wigan & Leeds this year).

Just an idea, not sure if people would agree or not, but what about an aggregate system?

e.g. Wigan lost to Leeds 26-27. So if they meet again in the play-offs, they have to win by more than one point. If they draw, they're out, ad if they win by 1 point it's extra time.

It's just an idea to make the repeat play-off format more fair on the team that won the first game. I think it would be a bit unfair if sayWire won today and then beat Saints by 1 point after Saints demolished them in week one.

Thoughts?

This doesnt concern you, nothing to see here

:P

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Thoughts?

Thought 1. You've got way too much leisure time.

Thought 2. I support Salford. This has got f.all to do with me. ;)

Thought 3. No.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Some great replies.

I'd just say, if one of the sides got flogged the first game, they'd have to win by a ridiculous margin so no one would bother turning up. Good effort though, but I don't really see it as a problem.

What I might bring in is that a team can't pick a side they've already played, but can pick the other side that went straight through to the semis, but is lower ranked.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

why is a repeat match a problem? I thouroughly enjoyed the last Wigan v Leeds game and will look forward to the next should Saints choose Huddersfield.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Thought 1. You've got way too much leisure time.

Thought 2. I support Salford. This has got f.all to do with me. ;)

Thought 3. No.

so you're the one :lol::lol:

seriously back on topic i think that if wigan play leeds again then wigan will win easily.

Edited by Viking Warrior

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Thoughts?

How about

1 v 8

2 v 7

3 v 6

4 v 5

Losers go out then highest ranked winner gets home game against lowest ranked winner. e.g

1 vs 2

3 v 4

Winners then go to GF. Still have to win 3 games to lift title, shortens play offs by 1 week which gives more time between season end and start of whatever international calendar there is. Simple.

Thoughts?

The simple answer is to have teams cross over in the third week to avoid any repeat matchups prior to the Grand Final, like the AFL does:

Week 1

A 1 vs. 4

B 5 vs. 8

C 2 vs. 3

D 6 vs. 7

Week 2

E Loser A vs. Winner B

F Loser C vs. Winner D

Week 3

G Winner A vs. Winner F

H Winner D vs. Winner E

Week 4