Rugby League players are fittest athlete's

Surprised that a cricketer managed to beat both the rugby and soccer players in the sprint test. Although not surprising that the soccer players won the endurance.

The rugby players were from Cas so they probably cheated :P;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Surprised that a cricketer managed to beat both the rugby and soccer players in the sprint test. Although not surprising that the soccer players won the endurance.

When you go to a game, it's amazing to see how fast some batsmenn can run when wearing pads, thighguard and box.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The rugby players were from Cas so they probably cheated :P;)

hmmmm - now who do I cheer for on Sunday???

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Surely Cas aren't Aussie 'supermen'? :D

I'm guessing apart from the power & strength I'm guessing 'iron man' competitons, pentathletes & heptathletes are fitter than RL players. I'm guessing that Jessica Ennis is a fitter athlete than NRL 'supermen' plus she's definitely a lot 'fitter' looking. :D

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

I was at the challenge

the cricketer who was joint winner was Jonathan Bairstow, a phenomenal all round sports player.

the only team that had ever encountered the type of endurance test used were the soccer players

the challenge didn't really show that one sport's players were fitter thasn the other: how could it, but it was highly informative about the fitness levels and demands that the treams' sports require.

There was a crossover in fitness requirements regarding strength, fitnerss, agility, speed and endurance. If there as anything to distinguish the rugby players from the rest it was that they had to deal with greater demands from this common denominator of fitness. It was also a good opportunity for players at a high level in spoprt to meet up and work together.

Kirk Dixon, Jonny Bairstow and Daniel Bogdanovic were ouitstanding, but all the other participants and their coaches are great people and deserve a lot of respect.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Surely Cas aren't Aussie 'supermen'? :D

I'm guessing apart from the power & strength I'm guessing 'iron man' competitons, pentathletes & heptathletes are fitter than RL players. I'm guessing that Jessica Ennis is a fitter athlete than NRL 'supermen' plus she's definitely a lot 'fitter' looking. :D

Australia has had two seasons of a several episode (around 6) series that tested Union, League, Soccer, Olympic Atheletes etc.

Speed, endurance, co ordination etc

The same player has one both seasons Billy Slater.

http://www.greatestathlete.com.au/