Pennine League strcuture

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue Taylor was elected on the strength of her oppenent Stu Prior was to close to the RFL , how ironic now that Barla is closer to the RFL than ever .

Under her leadership the amatuer game has lost everything it is rumoured that they will no longer be responsible for tours .

We need to remember our history and why Barla was initially formed ?

• 5 weeks later...

Add Sharlston Rovers to the Pennine exodus.  :O

They are putting a team in the RFL Yorkshire Mens League this summer while they add juniors from Walton into their organisation, 

as Walton have no current open age team.

It looks like Rovers have had the nod to join the NCL in 2016.   :notme:

Would be amazed if there weren't more moves especially from premier division sides. Be interesting to see what state the Pennine league is in after the end of February.

Better for everyone to have the Sharlston players in the NCL as part of a club meeting entry criteria. Only really Fryston an issue remaining then and remains to be seen how long they'll be around (plus they seem to artificially strengthen with summer players).

Technically the NCL has 6 vacancies so could be even more teams brought in for 2016. Having said that the Yorkshire bias of division 3 would suggest there won't be many applicants west of the Pennines.

Add Sharlston Rovers to the Pennine exodus.  :O

They are putting a team in the RFL Yorkshire Mens League this summer while they add juniors from Walton into their organisation, 

as Walton have no current open age team.

It looks like Rovers have had the nod to join the NCL in 2016.   :notme:

If true I cant wait to see how their chairman explains this with his views on summer

If true I cant wait to see how their chairman explains this with his views on summer

He was probably just misquoted. :no:  :no:  :no:

Can't wait to see them join the real big fish in amateur rugby I personally think playing week in week out in the

two higher divisions will not be easy for them and promotion to the premier will not be automatic unless the cheque book comes out.

Is she the problem, now on the RFL community board, BARLA and Pennine??

Can we not get a statement from her actually stating her/BARLA/Pennine/Community intensions for the game

Is sitting on the fence destroying the game?

Dissolve BARLA and merge all assets with the RFL?

Move the Pennine to summer or keep traditional?

Promote Summer?

Promote Traditional?

We need one body is this the RFL/BARLA/an other?

Is the community game heading in the right direction?

Do we need one season?

Is the game going to die with summer/traditional seasons

The RFL only seem interested with the top tier of the game?

We are a minority sport with the governing body saying they will invest £11 million to 2017 to increase participation, where will it be spent and when?

The new summer season plays 80% of the months the traditional season did, why is it not working and increasing participation at the rate everyone thought it would?

The game outside the Heartlands is struggling to progress where does it go?

Please feel free to comment

Or the most important question to all the leagues who backed her over Stuart Prior, What the hell were you thinking? Seemed to me he ruffled that many feathers at BARLA that it was decided to cut of the nose to spite there face

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Sharlston have been busted for ineligible players and have now gone from top to bottom of the premier as they've had 2 games they won awarded against them and a 4 point deduction

Sorry but as CV's goes Sharlstons doesn't look good to join the Conference.

Where will they stop do they have to cheat and pay players to win disgraceful and embarrassing if true for the club. It would be nice to hear from their supporters who have been quiet on here for a while with their opinions.  

Or the most important question to all the leagues who backed her over Stuart Prior, What the hell were you thinking? Seemed to me he ruffled that many feathers at BARLA that it was decided to cut of the nose to spite there face

Can't see any of the gullible Yorkshire leagues sticking their hands up to answer that question ,

What was the smear campaign from the Sue Taylor supporters " a vote for Prior is a vote for the RFL "

OMG the irony we had some clout when she was elected what do we have now a bloody gun to the head namely the operational rules .

Looks like they're not planning on replacing Ovenden with any Pennine league sides this time.

Yeah Sharlston don't look a good addition. West Bowling would be good though they're too committed to winter. I don't know if either club has the facilities or not but Queensbury and Doncaster Toll Bar seem decent set ups

Sharlston have been a shadow of recent years sides for a while now looking at their first team line ups. Who are their ineligible players? 

As sad as it seems, I can't see the Pennine league continuing much longer, a quick look down each weekend results highlights the vast amount of 30-0 and the lack of depth with teams playing in the premier and championship etc who wouldn't have got within a million miles of those leagues a couple of years ago. real real shame. Think i retired at the right time this year.

Sorry but as CV's goes Sharlstons doesn't look good to join the Conference.

Where will they stop do they have to cheat and pay players to win disgraceful and embarrassing if true for the club. It would be nice to hear from their supporters who have been quiet on here for a while with their opinions.  

Wooo...... Back o't wall is great, woooo we are the best team ever...wooo.....We will win everything....wooo.....

Is  typical view of their supporters before the season starts.....Then the season starts.....

Sharlston have been a shadow of recent years sides for a while now looking at their first team line ups. Who are their ineligible players?

As sad as it seems, I can't see the Pennine league continuing much longer, a quick look down each weekend results highlights the vast amount of 30-0 and the lack of depth with teams playing in the premier and championship etc who wouldn't have got within a million miles of those leagues a couple of years ago. real real shame. Think i retired at the right time this year.

Victoria Rangers were in the 7th tier last year this year they're currently third in the 3rd tier. But I think equally telling is the demise of a significant number of clubs from the top 2 divisions even in the last couple of seasons. Incidentally Sharlston lost at home to Upton at the weekend who are now potential champions who'd have thought it? Likewise West Bowling are title contenders despite not wanting to even play in the premier division.

Victoria Rangers were in the 7th tier last year this year they're currently third in the 3rd tier. But I think equally telling is the demise of a significant number of clubs from the top 2 divisions even in the last couple of seasons. Incidentally Sharlston lost at home to Upton at the weekend who are now potential champions who'd have thought it? Likewise West Bowling are title contenders despite not wanting to even play in the premier division.

You actually think the standard is on the rise everywhere? the standard of RL is at an all time low in all leagues, the majority of NCL players playing now would not have got in most sides 5-10 years ago

You actually think the standard is on the rise everywhere? the standard of RL is at an all time low in all leagues, the majority of NCL players playing now would not have got in most sides 5-10 years ago

I never said that. Pretty much the opposite in fact. Victoria Rangers appear to have bucked trends but my point was that standards must be lower to have clubs come on so far so fast

Rubbish , most teams have and had 3-4 v. good players    , 3-4 good players , rest average .

Todays good players would be good players what ever years they played .

Rubbish , most teams have and had 3-4 v. good players    , 3-4 good players , rest average .

Todays good players would be good players what ever years they played .

We are all entitiled to our opinion, less players to pick from means less chance of quality players, I would still say 5 years ago there was a better standard of rugby than now, my opinion

Archived