Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Melbourne Storm has bolstered its outside backs stocks with the signing of speedster Jeremy Hawkins from Canberra Raiders.

Hawkins, who has agreed to terms for two years, will join Storm next Monday and look to secure a starting position in the centres or on the wing in Storm’s 2016 line-up.

Todd Lowrie announces retirement. He will become coach of the Newcastle 20s.  Lowrie started his career at Newcastle before stints at Parramatta, Melbourne, Warriors and Brisbane, playing 202 games and in two grand finals during a 13-year career.

Wests Tigers have replaced Marty Taupau by re-signing veteran utility Dene Halatau.

Replaced? I've always had a soft spot for Halatau, because he's a solid hard-working pro, but Taupau is the future and Dene's the present at best. Wests have quite a few problems to sort out. Farah/Ballin, for instance - even if the former's given up the captaincy, he could still be a disruptive influence.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Daniel Vidot joins Salford. Very strange as I thought is was taking up a Wrestling career in the states with other like minded odd balls.

Replaced? I've always had a soft spot for Halatau, because he's a solid hard-working pro, but Taupau is the future and Dene's the present at best. Wests have quite a few problems to sort out. Farah/Ballin, for instance - even if the former's given up the captaincy, he could still be a disruptive influence.

Yes. I wouldn't have used "replaced," although I'm happy we kept Halatau. We can't keep going year after year with no grunt up the middle.

Anyone have any idea where Ben Te'o might end up when his finishes his stint in Ireland?

In my opinion Ben is up with the very best second rowers I've seen he brings energy and aggression that few others can & on top of that an outstanding man of the field, I 'd love to see him back at Souths but am doubtful unless we can offload a couple of players.

Of the teams who could possibly fit him in under there Caps I'd say Gold Coast would be a long shot of luring him back, Tigers even longer, St George I doubt it, Canberra no chance & Cronulla are absolutely zero chance of signing Ben.

So Souths/Easts/Broncos/Cows/Manly if one could free up some room would be the likely scenario.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

Te'o's good but strikes me he's a very unpopular player in the league - plays on a bit of a knife edge. Forget which big Rabbitohs game it was on their run to the GF last year but after scoring a try the cameras went in on the opposition as they were walking back to regroup and you heard them discussing some dirty Rabbitohs stuff and someone say "F---ing Te'o again!" Ha! Made me giggle anyway. One of those "you'd rather have him on your side" dudes I suppose.

Te'o's good but strikes me he's a very unpopular player in the league - plays on a bit of a knife edge. Forget which big Rabbitohs game it was on their run to the GF last year but after scoring a try the cameras went in on the opposition as they were walking back to regroup and you heard them discussing some dirty Rabbitohs stuff and someone say "F---ing Te'o again!" Ha! Made me giggle anyway. One of those "you'd rather have him on your side" dudes I suppose.

QLD Origin don't seem to mind him , The game was against the chooks (No QLD players in that side) it was the GF qualifier where Te'o came off the bench & smashed Pearce then Hargreves then scored a try it turned the game on it's head. He is the forgotten hero of our 21'st premiership success.

I'm really amazed by this Dylan Walker situation and believe it will come back to bite Souths big time in the future.

Perhaps he could go to the Gold Coast and partner that other great South Sydney boy who the club let walk in James Roberts! Honestly I'd cry every time I seen them play knowing that should have been our centre pairing of the next decade. If he joins Manly then we can all be shore the fix is on at the NRL for 2016 as there is no way known they would have room under the cap to sign Dylan. If he joins Cronulla I'll give the game up.

QLD Origin don't seem to mind him , The game was against the chooks (No QLD players in that side) it was the GF qualifier where Te'o came off the bench & smashed Pearce then Hargreves then scored a try it turned the game on it's head. He is the forgotten hero of our 21'st premiership success.

Yeah pretty sure that's the one.

He also picked up James Maloney and dumped him on his back when he was on the deck and had already been tackled though, don't forget that one.

Good player but something of a loose cannon.

I'm really amazed by this Dylan Walker situation and believe it will come back to bite Souths big time in the future.

Perhaps he could go to the Gold Coast and partner that other great South Sydney boy who the club let walk in James Roberts! Honestly I'd cry every time I seen them play knowing that should have been our centre pairing of the next decade. If he joins Manly then we can all be shore the fix is on at the NRL for 2016 as there is no way known they would have room under the cap to sign Dylan. If he joins Cronulla I'll give the game up.

Well, don't forget that the lad did just nearly kill himself messing about with prescription drugs so I think for the Rabbitohs the Sambo arrival may be a case of "2 birds with 1 stone". I think Walker can consider himself very lucky if his next contract is an elite level one personally. 

Well, don't forget that the lad did just nearly kill himself messing about with prescription drugs so I think for the Rabbitohs the Sambo arrival may be a case of "2 birds with 1 stone". I think Walker can consider himself very lucky if his next contract is an elite level one personally. 

All the more reason Souths should be sticking by him and making shore he gets the support he needs.

Yeah pretty sure that's the one.

He also picked up James Maloney and dumped him on his back when he was on the deck and had already been tackled though, don't forget that one.

Good player but something of a loose cannon.

There is no love lost between anyone at South Sydney and James Maloney & that bit of extra attention Te'o gave him would have had plenty to do with Maloney coming out on the channel 9 news before that game saying "he was going to take Souths to dark places".

In all my years of attending RL games I can't remember a player my clubs supporters have disliked more than Maloney ,Brad Fittler who the burrow call "adolf fittler" when ever he goes near that section of the crowd would be close but they really dislike Maloney and have no matter what club he played at.

The Sea Eagles look set to sign former Kangaroo Dylan Walker, in a move that will further strengthen one of the NRL’s most potent backlines.

His likely signing will see him join the likes of Marty Taupau and Nate Myles in Trent Barrett’s new look Manly side.

His signature may also trigger a quick fire sale on the Northern Beaches as the club looks to manage its salary cap going forward.

Peta Hiku, despite recently being part of the New Zealand squad in their series against England, looks the most likely to make way to accommodate Walker.

Walker or Lyon are likely to fill in at five-eighth, with the other to play in the centres, while young gun Tom Trbojevic will surely find his way into the side.

I can’t imagine Hiku being too happy playing NSW cup, which looks like his future should Walker sign for the club.

A possible move to the Titans could be of huge benefit to both Hiku and the Titans.

Former NSW utility Jamie Buhrer may also be urged to look elsewhere, and I can’t imagine he’d have too much trouble finding a suitor.

DAN NICHOLLS

Hmmm I though I'd read only yesterday that Souths coach had come back from holiday and scuppered the Walker exit?

Edited by G Las D

Finally:

"Wests Tigers have confirmed hooker Robbie Farah requested a release from the final two years of his contract at the club.

The club said in a statement on Saturday morning Farah will not be released until they have reached terms that are "agreeable for both parties".

"Any decision taken in regards to this release will consider the club's responsibility and commitment to ensuring this club transfers itself into a strong position for a sustainable future," chief executive Justin Pascoe said.

"As such, Robbie will remain a part of this club until such an agreement is reached."

News Corp put this spin on it: 

"Farah’s contract saga with Wests Tigers took a bizarre development when the battling club chose to deny his request for an immediate release from the club on Friday.

With clubs lined-up to sign Farah, the Tigers have attempted to block Farah’s departure at the 11th hour after a last-minute backflip from the struggling club."

Hardly a backflip. With Farah apparently getting $1.9-$2.1 million for the next 2 years, I'm sure there's a fair bit of negotiation required. Rather than deny his request, I think the Tigers have said he can leave but only if another club pays a big chunk of his lunch money.

Quite a bit to think about here. Why should the Tigers pay him out his massive salary if he ain`t gonna play for them,but if they do presumably the new club could ask him to play for nothing because he`s already got his wages? The other alternative is for a Pommy soccer style transfer fee so the Tigers can recoup their money,as they should be entitled to. I heard through the jungle drums that Farah was instrumental in Tim Sheens getting the axe,so no wonder Jason Taylor wants him gone. Another player who thinks he`s bigger than the game. 

Quite a bit to think about here. Why should the Tigers pay him out his massive salary if he ain`t gonna play for them,but if they do presumably the new club could ask him to play for nothing because he`s already got his wages? The other alternative is for a Pommy soccer style transfer fee so the Tigers can recoup their money,as they should be entitled to. I heard through the jungle drums that Farah was instrumental in Tim Sheens getting the axe,so no wonder Jason Taylor wants him gone. Another player who thinks he`s bigger than the game.

He knifed Sheens then Mick Potter the bloke is poison! I'm not at all surprised Taylor wants him gone but I'm very surprised any other club would touch the bloke. There's only two clubs he mite fit in at and there Manly or Cronulla.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

I'm guessing that Tigers have had a back ended contract with Farrah??? if so the next couple of years they'll in effect be settling up with him for what his true worth was considered to be whilst having had him cheaper and had more room in the salary cap in the recent past.

Not sure about this.

He was on about $900K. There's another $300K (roughly) from a couple of years back when Balmain started hitting the fan and couldn't cough up their share of the Wests Tigers running costs.