Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

That's  $900K (AUD) = about £428K

$300K AUD = about £143K

A lot of money if you are  a bit short on cash.

It seems hard as Diddy Dave says that Tigers could be paying a large chunk of his wages if and when he plays for another club next season.

This is an expensive fall out!

22nd November Latest:

Wests Tigers Statement on Robbie Farah...

Wests Tigers would like to clarify media reports regarding Robbie Farah’s future with the Club. Farah met with Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe today with details of those conversations set to remain confidential.

Farah still has two years left on his contract with the Club, with reports of a new playing contract being offered to him incorrect. Justin Pascoe said that the Club would continue to work with Farah and his management regarding his playing future with Wests Tigers. Wests Tigers will not accept terms within any release that puts the Club in further financial risk and will strive to create an environment that allows all players, including Farah, to thrive.

“We will continue to work closely with Robbie and his management to come up with an agreement that meets the needs of both parties,” said Pascoe. “Robbie still has two years left on his playing contract with Wests Tigers and at this stage remains a part of the Club’s plans for the 2016 season.

“We are looking at a number of options with Robbie, including what role he may play with Wests Tigers once he finishes his playing career,” he said. “Robbie is approaching 250 games with Wests Tigers and any Club would be open to having a player of that experience involved in an Ambassador role after their retirement."

This is the opposite kind of talk to the club's approach not long ago.

Looks like expediency winning the day. Will Farrah play ball?

Edited by G Las D

Presumably Farah signed his three year deal in good faith so he should honour it,play his best for the Tigers and think about the supporters who`ve paid their well earned to support him and the club through thick and thin. Nothing lasts for ever,he`s getting on now,so if I were him I`d get my head down,###### up and just bloody well get on with it.

Bunnies have released Dylan Walker. also

"Premiers North Queensland, minor premiers the Sydney Roosters and 2015 semi-finalists Canterbury are facing a salary cap squeeze as they fight to retain a swathe of off-contract NRL stars."

http://www.nrl.com/cowboys-roosters-dogs-face-cap-squeeze/tabid/10874/newsid/91005/default.aspx

I'm hearing Souths only released Walker because they have a world class centre in there sights, Personally I hope it's James Roberts coming home and even better would be Konrad Hurrell.

I'm hearing Souths only released Walker because they have a world class centre in there sights, Personally I hope it's James Roberts coming home and even better would be Konrad Hurrell.

They already had a top class centre in Walker,why get rid of him ?

They already had a top class centre in Walker,why get rid of him ?

Dylan wants to play 5/8 and Souths have two good halves and another in the under 20's, Manly have offered him far more than we can and he'll play 5/8 for them. There is also the issue that he has had this pain killer over dose and Souths inturn have come down hard, I'm reliably informed he isn't to happy about his treatment. 

I'm very sorry to see him leave he is international class and plays tough, I'm even sorrier his joining the silvertails.

Nothing to do with releasing money within the salary cap for a returning player?

I'd say that is also part of it but I'm really confused how Souths could have any Salary cap issues and the need to release anyone at all given Ben Lowe, Glenn Stewart & Issac Luke all left at the end of the season (That's around 850k). And when you look at the premiership winning cowboys side who apparently have no salary cap dramas & will be exactly the same in 2016 it makes Souths situation even harder to understand really. I'd love to see the books at Easts, Cowboys, Manly & the Warriors so I could work out what Souths are doing wrong.

The reason the Cows have no problems is that half the team is coming off contract at the end of 2016. Most of the non-Origin/Test players are probably playing at below their current market value but this will end after next season.

Hymel Hunt from the Storm is a strong rumour,young and promising but not exactly world class.

No not at all I've not even heard of him, Is he a Melbourne born and bread kid?

The reason the Cows have no problems is that half the team is coming off contract at the end of 2016. Most of the non-Origin/Test players are probably playing at below their current market value but this will end after next season.

No worries that makes sense. Any Idea how Easts manage it year in year out? I know they have the best recruitment guy in the game & that would certainly help but top players don't play for peanuts & the Roosters always seem to have plenty of top players. For a club with close to no juniors & very low support they shore are a consistent RL powerhouse.

I'm guessing good old Uncle Nick has plenty to do with it ;) .

I see St Helens have released Adam Quinlan., and he has gone to the Dragons. Thought Saints would have kept him scored a hat-trick on his debut and I believe can also play in the halves. Walsh & Burns just don't seem to click together.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Dylan Farrell, 24, is considering retirement due to chronic back injury.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dylan-farrell-set-to-retire-due-to-back-injury-dragons-look-to-tim-lafai-and-peta-hiku/story-fn2mcuj6-1227635679878

Explains the rumours about Tim Lafai heading to the Gong if the Dogs sign Hopoate. I think the Dogs are wrong on this one. I think Hopoate has more ability and potential than Lafai but, week to week, I think Lafai is a better player.

Edited by Farmduck

I feel for Dylan Farrell that's way to young to be finishing up. I'll never forget his MOM 3 try debut against the tigers what a way to start a career.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ