Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

WESTS TIGERS SIGNING NEWS

The Wests Tigers have secured the services of young halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses until at least the end of 2017.

Both players took the option to stay at the club for an extra year.

“Luke and Mitch are both exceptionally talented players who have bright futures ahead of them,” coach Jason Taylor said. “They have both already shown great promise on the field and the most exciting part is that their best footy is still ahead of them."

http://www.zerotackle.com/storm-sign-josh-addo-carr-22156/#9vJ0bRMqVQI6GWmy.97

Josh Addo-Carr has signed for Melbourne. He's signed for the next three seasons.

Great signing Storm.

Storm wanted him straight away before the June 30th deadline but Tigers will not release him.

Edited by G Las D

Storm are very good at signing Wingers from Wests! Looks a great signing though much to learn. Whoever is in charge at Wests for player recruitment wants sacking! How many good young players have left and gone well elsewhere? Korobete, Taupau, Austin etc

Wests offered JAC money. He wanted more. He left.

We offered Koroibete roughly the same money as Radradra. He wanted more. Storm paid him $100K more. He left.

Blake Austin:

"When I joined the Wests Tigers I said to [my manager] Tyran Smith 'this has to be the year that puts my career back on track'," he said. "I took a really big pay cut to join the Tigers and I said our next contract needed to be our best to date. I had a pretty good year with the Wests Tigers but I have to build on that now.

"Wests gave me an opportunity and staying on the paddock helped too. I'm grateful for the opportunities [former Wests Tigers coach] Mick Potter gave me and I'm looking to move forward with my career.

So is anyone going to bite for Zak Hardaker? I've so far read that the Roosters, Canberra, Manly and GC are interested, but I cant see anyone paying £300k to take him off Leeds. We cant be expecting to get that fee paid!

Also, Robbie Farah is strongly linked with Leeds (again!) but seems more to it this time I think.

That price tag seems like a keep off sign for me.

I had the privilege of watching Zak as a teenager at Fev before Leeds took him. He was absolutely outstanding as a youngster. There's a host of good and great full backs already in Oz.

I for one would love to see him in the NRL.

What he doesn't need is a club like NZ Warriors. He needs a good big organised team that will give him the platform to shine. I understand his form at Leeds of late has been nothing to write home about.

Edited by G Las D

Just as the "Robbie Farah to Leeds" story was getting louder, Matt Ballin needs another knee surgery and will miss the rest of the year. So I would assume Farah will stay for the rest of the year, at least.

Every Brit agent worth his salt should be dropping rumours about "NRL clubs are interested," "talks with Sale or French RU team," but the only Zac stories I've seen in OZ media are reprints of Brit stories. NZ Warriors overpaid big time for Tomkins and I think that might have seen the end of big transfer fees.

Hardaker would be cheaper but who wants him? As I said on the other Zac thread, look at the NRL rosters and tell me who needs him. The Roosters are getting Michael Gordon just as a goal kicker. Even Newcastle have Gagai, Sione Mata'utia and Mamo. Nearly every NRL team has a first-grade-standard FB stockpiled on the wing - Valentine Holmes, David Mead, Tom Trbojevic.

STRUGGLING Newcastle Knights are poised to announce the mid-season signings of Sydney Roosters centre Brendan Elliot and Canberra backrower Mitchell Barnett to bolster their injury-ravaged squad.

Out of favour Newcastle winger Akuila Uate’s decision to twice knock back overtures to quit the NRL in the past six months to play rugby overseas may have backfired with the Fijian flyer now facing a battle to save his career at the Knights.

Uate had serious interest from Japanese rugby during the off-season and less than four weeks ago, The Daily Telegraph can reveal he knocked back an opportunity to play rugby in France following a big money offer from an agent with strong connections to the code in Europe.

On both occasions, the club would not have stood in his way apparently.

Edited by G Las D

NSWRL officials have contacted police after drugs were discovered in a dressing room at Saturday's match between North Sydney Bears and Wyong Kangaroos.

A groundsman at North Sydney Oval found the drugs after the Intrust Super Premiership match and the discovery was reported to the NSWRL on Monday.

The police were immediately notified and are investigating the source of the drugs.

However, NSWRL officials are confident the drugs do not belong to any of the players involved in the match, which was won 30-4 by Wyong, who are a feeder team to Sydney Roosters.

In combination with FD's post above - it's Musical Chairs time:

Parramatta fullback Michael Gordon could be on the move to the Sydney Roosters as early as next week to free up further salary cap space so the Eels can retain star playmaker Corey Norman.

In what shapes as a double blow for Parramatta, Canberra-bound Junior Paulo appears to have played his last game for the club with the barnstorming prop likely to be a late scratching against Newcastle on Monday.

And in an extension to the mid-season game of musical chairs, Paulo’s pending signing by the Raiders could see Newcastle pick up rising forward Mitchell Barnett, while young Roosters centre Brendan Elliot could also find himself on the move to the Knights if ­Gordon’s release is granted.

Zak is a quality player and I would disregard this year in any judgement of him, the whole Leeds team is appalling at the moment so its impossible to tell what's going on!

I wouldn't be surprised if the price tag is more of a hands off sign to UK clubs, and that any NRL club enquiring could get him for much less than that.

As for where, who knows, Farmduck asked me to look at the NRL roster and I do agree that there isn't much space for him. I know they've said they aren't interested but Id play Zak over Jack Wighton at Canberra, and if Inglis is at centre permanently then Souths may be an option. Gold Coast possibly too. Other than that Im struggling to see any other teams where he would fit at FB.

Is Gagai a FB? I know he's been playing there recently but is he naturally a FB or is he more a centre/Wing? Im sure Newcastle could accommodate him in the team, and Nathan Brown will be very aware of Zak already from his time in the UK.

I can't see Newcastle or Gold Coast paying a transfer fee while they are owned by the NRL. The other clubs would whine like there's no tomorrow and the NRL-haters in the media would have an extra Xmas over it.

Also, why Zac when you've got Zillman, Josh Hoffman and Mead?

I can't see Newcastle or Gold Coast paying a transfer fee while they are owned by the NRL. The other clubs would whine like there's no tomorrow and the NRL-haters in the media would have an extra Xmas over it.

Also, why Zac when you've got Zillman, Josh Hoffman and Mead?

That's a fair point, would probably rule out those two if a fee was needed.

You're probably right about GC, but I think Hardaker is as good as if not better than those players to be honest. Unless he ever goes to the NRL and shows us, its hard to judge how these players stack up against each other. Having watched a fair bit of NRL and having watched Zak on a weekly basis, I think he would hold his head up over there, but he needs the right club, something that Sam Tomkins didn't choose wisely! 

Here's a rare glimmer of hope for people with good taste. Manly are having a falling-out with sponsor, FAL Healthy Beverages, owners of CoCo Joy, best known as that ugly lime blot on the front of the C-Beagles' jumpers. FAL wants them to take the offensive blob off their shirts.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-08/manly-sea-eagles-in-sponsorship-dispute-with-coco-joy-and-fal/7492026?WT.ac=statenews_nsw

Gold Coast have some work to do in order to retain off-contract star David Mead with Canterbury entering the mix for his prized signature.

An outside back who can play fullback, wing and centre, Mead has caught the eye of the Bulldogs due to his versatility.

But it’s not just NRL clubs interested in the former Country Origin representative,Super League franchise C*stleford have made a bid to lure Mead to England next season.

Cronulla have offered forward Sam Tagataese a new two-year-deal.

Turning 30 in December, the Samoan international has spent the last six seasons in The Shire after stints with Melbourne and the Gold Coast.

A veteran of 10 years in first grade, the 109 kilo prop is yet to officially accept the offer but should he agree, it will keep him at the Sharks until at least the end of 2018.

Edited by G Las D

Benji Marshall:

St George Illawarra have all but closed the door on pursuing Luke Keary and have instead turned their attention to retaining Benji Marshall.

The Dragons have offered the former Kiwi international a new one-year-deal as a short-term fix before chasing a marquee half in 2017.

The likes of Anthony Milford, Ben Hunt, Josh Reynolds, Ashley Taylor, Shaun Johnson, Adam Reynolds, Jackson Hastings, Mitchell Pearce, Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses will all be on the open market as of November 1, with the Red V planning to chase a big name game manager.

While the Dragons hope to extend the five-eighth a further season, it’s understood Marshall has attracted interest from two other NRL clubs who are also interested in signing the five-eighth for one season.

The Dragons reopened negotiations with Marshall’s management two weeks ago, with their current offer $350,000 - which is below Marshall’s asking price.

In the meantime, rivals have come looking.

Edited by G Las D

On the grapevine: James Tamou has told his team mates that he is moving to Panthers next year on a 4-year deal.

Steve Matai - gone for the season with a neck injury.

Paul Carter has signed a two-year NRL contract extension with South Sydney.
Carter has rebuilt his career under Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire and on Thursday inked a deal which will keep him at Redfern until 2018.
The 24-year-old son of Penrith great Steve Carter was at a crossroads a year and a half ago when he was sacked by Gold Coast for a string of drink driving offences.
After being thrown a career lifeline by the Rabbitohs, he has worked his way into their starting side this year.
“I’m really excited to know that I’ll be part of the South Sydney club for the next few years at least,” Carter said.

Paul Carter has signed a two-year NRL contract extension with South Sydney.

Carter has rebuilt his career under Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire and on Thursday inked a deal which will keep him at Redfern until 2018.

The 24-year-old son of Penrith great Steve Carter was at a crossroads a year and a half ago when he was sacked by Gold Coast for a string of drink driving offences.

After being thrown a career lifeline by the Rabbitohs, he has worked his way into their starting side this year.

“I’m really excited to know that I’ll be part of the South Sydney club for the next few years at least,” Carter said.

Really like Carter he brings so much energy into a game, I'm glad he'll be around for a couple more years.

Really like Carter he brings so much energy into a game, I'm glad he'll be around for a couple more years.

Got to agree not seen anything of him before this year but he's really impressed. Always looks like he's giving his all in everything he does. Not frightened of getting about opposition players either.