Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Kyle "Billiard" Feldt is facing up to 5 weeks suspension for a late, high shoulder charge on a player not in possession after taking out Jarrod Croker in the last play of the game in Canberra.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/kyle-feldt-facing-five-week-suspension-for-brutal-shoulder-charge-on-jarrod-croker/news-story/28e1f0941a061ae5b207c3a4147f0320

That link above won't work outside Australia.

This one does, well at least it worked for me here:

Feldt on Croker.

https://fat.gfycat.com/DenseEnviousChameleon.webm

I missed that on the day as I just watched the flow of the ball and the resulting try.

I can't remember the TV folk making much, if anything of the Feldt smash, may be wrong.

Edited by G Las D

Rabbitohs have sacked forward Paul Carter effective immediately following his a recent alcohol-fuelled bender that saw him miss training.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have terminated the contract of player Paul Carter following a breach of the Club’s Code of Conduct and specific clauses of his NRL contract.
Rabbitohs General Manager of Football, Shane Richardson, said: “the Board has made a decision today to terminate Paul’s contract immediately as a result of his recent conduct

“We have given Paul all of the support, and every opportunity, to get his career and life back on track but unfortunately he has been unable to meet the standards we had agreed when Paul joined the Club.
“This is a bigger issue than football for Paul. Needless to say we will continue to provide welfare, support and assistance to Paul in his continuing rehabilitation.”

St George Illawarra have made an audacious bid for off-contract Parramatta's Corey Norman.

The Dragons have tabled the 25-year-old a three-year deal worth $2.4 million — $200,000 more than what the Eels are offering.

Off-contract at the end of the year, Norman is yet to re-sign with the Eels, while the Dragons are looking for a replacement for Benji Marshall who is unlikely to be retained by the club.

Corey Norman pleads guilty to drug possession

The NRL player pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity and his lawyer said there was no doubt about his remorse.

He also pointed out that Norman did not consume the substances and has never recorded a positive drug test.

Police and the prosecution did not oppose a Section 10 order, where no conviction would be recorded, but Magistrate Michael Price decided he would record a conviction and also fined Norman $400.

Hard-working Canberra hooker Kurt Baptiste is facing up to six weeks on the sideline with a foot sprain suffered in Monday night's NRL win over North Queensland.

The back-up rake's injury came in the final minute of the match at GIO Stadium, which pushed the Raiders to within one point of the top four.

Wests Tigers vice-captain Dene Halatau has today announced his retirement, with his 14-year NRL career set to come to an end at the conclusion of the 2016 season.

The 33-year-old utility has decided to call time on his illustrious first grade career that started at Wests Tigers in 2003.

Playing his junior football for the Merrylands Rams and North Ryde Hawks, Halatau played SG Ball with Balmain before making his NRL debut as a 20-year-old at Leichhardt Oval against Manly-Warringah.

Halatau has played a total of 241 NRL games across two Clubs – Wests Tigers and Canterbury-Bankstown – and represented New Zealand on 15 occasions between 2004 and 2009.

St George Illawarra centre Tim Lafai has landed in hot water after he was allegedly involved in a drunken brawl in Wollongong.

The 25-year-old and teammate Siliva Havili, 23, were issued infringement notices for “continuing intoxicated behaviour” after police were called to reports of two brawls.

NSW Police said officers were called to the intersection of Atchison and Crown Streets outside the Fever nightclub at 5am yesterday following reports of a brawl.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/dragons/dragons-centre-tim-lafai-arrested-over-drunken-brawl-in-wollongong/news-story/5fc3ee383f2b99fb704847abe2af3fa7

Hard-working Canberra hooker Kurt Baptiste is facing up to six weeks on the sideline with a foot sprain suffered in Monday night's NRL win over North Queensland.

The back-up rake's injury came in the final minute of the match at GIO Stadium, which pushed the Raiders to within one point of the top four.

Kurt is in my SC squad. He was just cover for me during origin and byes.

Troubled Parramatta star Corey Norman has been suspended for the rest of the NRL season and fined $20,000 in the wake of his recent legal issues.

I got rid of him before from my SC squad this season , but brought him back for this round ... Regretted it, especially as the "troubled" so and so immediately was banned. Luckily I had time to reverse the moves and make better changes.

What a big surprise! A not in a good way.

Well 2016 is the year. The Sharks have to win it for Mick (and to erase 50 years of heartache).

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Cant wait to hear Steven Dank speak out later this week and oust the NRL player who he was injecting with illegal substances. We all know who it is but it will be great to hear it directly from the guy at the centre of this disgraceful circus.

I think this guy has nailed it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl/list/the-rover-stephen-dank-drive-by-afl-latest-news-draft-dion-prestia/j1kqfhifp80w1wfpqzgbcj6f9/slide/1

The bullets that penetrated Dank’s townhouse and the drugs that penetrated sportsmen around the country all came from the same supplier and they have achieved their aim.

The disgraced sports scientist has got the message and, as is the case for the past three years, will continue to say nothing while promising to reveal all.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Cant wait to hear Steven Dank speak out later this week and oust the NRL player who he was injecting with illegal substances. We all know who it is but it will be great to hear it directly from the guy at the centre of this disgraceful circus.

he has been claiming this and claiming that for years. The truth of the matter is, his supplements programme at Essendon has been judged illegal. In all the time his programme at Essendon and Cronulla has fallen under suspicion, he has claimed innocence and to possess evidence of innocence. Not once was any of this evidence shared in order to clear either club or any players of wrong doing, let alone clear himself.

I wouldn't believe a word the guy says.