Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Greg Inglis resigns with South Sydney until the end of 2020 season ( So until he retires), Inglis is a great player no doubt about it but I hope South's have discussed his future work load and the possibility he doesn't play SO going forward.

Local Souths boy so the club would be mad to let him slip through there fingers.

Greg Inglis resigns with South Sydney until the end of 2020 season ( So until he retires), Inglis is a great player no doubt about it but I hope South's have discussed his future work load and the possibility he doesn't play SO going forward.

What's your take on that? Good thing or not?

He looked busted for most of the season and rather ineffective the few times I've watched South.

And without the benefit of a full off season to recuperate, I don't see how 2017 would be any different let alone 2018 and beyond.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

What's your take on that? Good thing or not?

He looked busted for most of the season and rather ineffective the few times I've watched South.

And without the benefit of a full off season to recuperate, I don't see how 2017 would be any different let alone 2018 and beyond.

I tend to agree he was not impressive at all in 2016 and looked disinterested but you cannot ignore what a talent he is and what affect he has on the squad around him (By all accounts a big effect). I also suspect him being re-signed has a lot to do with him being an indigenous roll model in an area with a large sometimes troubled Aboriginal population and what positives he can do around the community as much as anything else.

I believe "if" our forwards dominate again like they did in 2012-2013-2014 Ingis will be lethal once more but sadly cannot see that happening with out the likes of Ben Te'o.

Thanks. It makes even more sense if his off field influence is so important.

The Burgess twins might provide some good go forward if they held onto the pill.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Thanks. It makes even more sense if his off field influence is so important.

The Burgess twins might provide some good go forward if they held onto the pill.

When Tom was still at Bradford I thought he may well be better than George but he has never really kicked on in the NRL, What I will say though is all the Burgess brothers are outstanding men off the field , There parents did a great job raising them.

It seems so from that last article.

Is this one more tug at the heartstrings of clubs to see if anyone will take him?

The question is, what would he be prepared to take as pay for the new season.

Is he still asking top money?

How desperate is he to play?

If he does retire he won't have the sort of send off he could have had if the season was still in motion.

I hate to bag the bloke but he should have retired years ago, He lost the desire to play contact sport in about 2006 I recon.

Adam Reynolds re signs with South Sydney until the end of 2021!!!!

Wont the Daily Telicrap hate that, GI & Reno re-sign after all there work all year to get both to leave with there trashy rumor stories of them both wanting out.

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

I hate to bag the bloke but he should have retired years ago, He lost the desire to play contact sport in about 2006 I recon.

2006.funny how he still had enough desire to play a leading role in NZ winning the 2008 World Cup & the 2010 4 nations,been a fantastic player to watch over the years especially when in his prime.

2006.funny how he still had enough desire to play a leading role in NZ winning the 2008 World Cup & the 2010 4 nations,been a fantastic player to watch over the years especially when in his prime.

I did say "about"

Edited by RabbitRhinoovOZ

Hey up, so that's interesting... Des Hasler stays and it is his outspoken critic Steve Mortimer who's gone. He's resigned from the Doggies board.

Dogs are a good strong club they will be fine.

Read a report saying that hot prospect Kalyn Ponga is being chased by 7 NRL clubs for when he comes off contract at the Cowboys with whom hes signed to until the end of 2017 season.

The article doesn't specifically name the 7 clubs but from what I can tell they include Cowboys, Broncos, Dragons, Bulldogs and Storm.