Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

The Kiwi international has still no guarantee of being granted permission to lace on the boots next season.

The Warriors announced Foran’s signing, believed to be worth $600,000 for the one-year deal, on Thursday night but are yet to register the contract with the governing body.

Jason Taumalolo is apparently considering offers to swap codes to NFL following in the footsteps of you know who.

He's signed to the Cowboys until the end of 2017 season, if that matters. 

Of course it may be that he's in contract talks with NQ Cowboys and he wants to get the best possible deal out of them. Talks in this direction have supposedly been put on hold while he thinks his future over.

The chances of Keiran Foran being allowed to play in the NRL next season appear to be slim. The feeling withing the halls of the NRL is that he's not ready despite him being promised to NZ Warriors.

If he's not allowed to play, would Super league honor that?

They wouldn't have to but could any team afford him?

If he's not allowed to play, would Super league honor that?

Given his recent history how would he cope with such a big change and moving half way round the world? It would be a big risk.

Can't see that, unless some SL club has more money than sense.

My grasp of the rules surrounding player registration suggests that Foran could be signed at any time during the season. If the NRL said today that he's not ready, he could ask for a set of criteria to determine when he would be ready. Since he is currently not signed with anyone, the June 30 deadline for transfers wouldn't apply - see Jarryd Hayne case.

He might as well keep training with the Warriors and, if the NRL says he's ready after Round 6, or 10, the Warriors get a high-quality player, possibly at a reduced rate. I don't see how the Salary Cap Auditor could pull the "assessed value" (Israel Folau) clause out because it's the NRL itself which diminished his value by refusing to register him earlier.

I realise there is a Marquee Player allowance in SL but I generally think there is also a "15%" threshhold - in my estimation, the maximum value of any single player is about 15% of the total cap. In SL terms, that's £273K, less than half what Foran was on at the Eels. How many clubs could, realistically, justify throwing another £200K marquee allowance on top of that?

My grasp of the rules surrounding player registration suggests that Foran could be signed at any time during the season. If the NRL said today that he's not ready, he could ask for a set of criteria to determine when he would be ready. Since he is currently not signed with anyone, the June 30 deadline for transfers wouldn't apply - see Jarryd Hayne case.

He might as well keep training with the Warriors and, if the NRL says he's ready after Round 6, or 10, the Warriors get a high-quality player, possibly at a reduced rate. I don't see how the Salary Cap Auditor could pull the "assessed value" (Israel Folau) clause out because it's the NRL itself which diminished his value by refusing to register him earlier.

I realise there is a Marquee Player allowance in SL but I generally think there is also a "15%" threshhold - in my estimation, the maximum value of any single player is about 15% of the total cap. In SL terms, that's £273K, less than half what Foran was on at the Eels. How many clubs could, realistically, justify throwing another £200K marquee allowance on top of that?

That's very interesting.  It would seem that the Warriors would be taking a big risk leaving cap room in such a pivotal position by signing a not so great stand off.

Is your 15% rule something you think clubs in SL have general followed?  If he can't be signed by an NRL team no doubt an SL team would come calling. And at that point he might have to take what he could get.  The SL club that comes to mind with their current squad is Leeds.

I don't think any of this will happen and he will be cleared or have to go through a program like Pearce and be ready by the start of the season.

My 15% rule is based on my assessment. For a few years, JT was getting so much at the Cows that they couldn't buy in or keep enough quality players to surround him with. I think some SL clubs would pay more if they thought the player would add enough bums on seats to cover a large part of the cost. IMO, nothing puts bums on seats like winning.

My 15% rule is based on my assessment. For a few years, JT was getting so much at the Cows that they couldn't buy in or keep enough quality players to surround him with. I think some SL clubs would pay more if they thought the player would add enough bums on seats to cover a large part of the cost. IMO, nothing puts bums on seats like winning.

But the marquee rule player doesn't go against the cap.  I think you are correct that Foran would not be a draw.  Few players are in RL.  Hayne, Thurston, ect.  really just a handful and I definitely don't think Foran is that category.  One of the things that was exciting about the Warrior signing was it was putting together almost all of the Kiwi spine on one team.

Wests Tigers forum is saying the Idris story was on 3 TV Sports channels - apparently, subject to medical clearance, a 1-year deal with a 2nd-year option in Wests' favour. I think it's a good buy. His asking price would be very low and if he can play to 75% of his potential he'll be worth it.

But the marquee rule player doesn't go against the cap.  I think you are correct that Foran would not be a draw.  Few players are in RL.  Hayne, Thurston, ect.  really just a handful and I definitely don't think Foran is that category.  One of the things that was exciting about the Warrior signing was it was putting together almost all of the Kiwi spine on one team.

I can't recall the precise wording of the SL MPA. I think the first £175K counts against the cap.

Part of the holdup is his association with the well-known gambling figure. I think this is guilt-by-innuendo and I don't like it. We have a massive Police Force so if there's criminal activity going on, arrest someone and try them. Until then, what happened to the presumption of innocence?

Jamal Idris is an excellent signing, on the Sterling show he seems to have sorted his head out. This will no doubt shorten the odds on next season's favourites Wests Tigers

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Paul McGregor will coach the St George-Illawarra Dragons next season.

It seems this was decided after meetings held with players during this season.

All the same they've created a committee whose purpose seems to be to check up on him.

"The Dragons conducted interviews with staff and senior players over the past few weeks and the result is the appointment of a new “rugby league performance committee”.

The committee is made up of former club captain Mark Coyne, sports scientist consultant Dr Craig Duncan, NSW Institute of Sport high performance director Clare Prideaux, and coaching consultant Dirk Melton.

The committee will report to the board and CEO Peter Doust on the day-to-day training structures, coaching and player development, and recruitment processes."

Edited by G Las D

Jamal Idris is an excellent signing, on the Sterling show he seems to have sorted his head out. This will no doubt shorten the odds on next season's favourites Wests Tigers

If he's sorted his head out... well that's quite a big if. Tons of potential, but he's underwhelmed for a few years now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul Gallen was forced to take himself to hospital and placed on an intravenous drip less than 12 hours after Cronulla’s historic grand final victory.
Shock revelations of the Shark’s captain’s dramatic hospitalisation will only add to the folklore surrounding the club’s 50-year drought-breaking premiership win.
Gallen was unable to celebrate with his teammates on Monday after being floored by a viral infection.

That's very interesting.  It would seem that the Warriors would be taking a big risk leaving cap room in such a pivotal position by signing a not so great stand off.

Is your 15% rule something you think clubs in SL have general followed?  If he can't be signed by an NRL team no doubt an SL team would come calling. And at that point he might have to take what he could get.  The SL club that comes to mind with their current squad is Leeds.

I don't think any of this will happen and he will be cleared or have to go through a program like Pearce and be ready by the start of the season.

There's no restriction in SL for the marquee player. The club can pay them whatever they like and only £100K counts on the cap for club trained players and £175K for all others (which Foran would be). So there's nothing stopping any SL club offering him £1M+ a year if they think he's worth it.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

There's no restriction in SL for the marquee player. The club can pay them whatever they like and only £100K counts on the cap for club trained players and £175K for all others (which Foran would be). So there's nothing stopping any SL club offering him £1M+ a year if they think he's worth it.

Right thanks for the info.  I think what I was asking was do clubs generally follow Duckys 15%. I didn't think it was an  official rule but perhaps that was the general behavior of the teams.