Training 2night

troutmaster

An easy night tonight for the boys,phil had the boys going through a couple of new moves to get them back into a defensive pattern, with which i suspect was to fill the gaps the boys were leaving v bradford.There was a good feeling around the camp tonight,and the boys were grateful for phil taking it a bit easier on them,but the whole atmosphere was for the boys to just get their hands on a ball,but without the intensity of a normal session.On the injury front we had young Sam who was training, but had to have no contact until he is passed fit on thursday,big Latu was in the physio's having treatment on his achilles,Steve scholey was with chris just going through a set of routines to assess his fitness,but he looked ok,but will have another test on thursday.I had a crack with a few of the boys tonight,about mainly the 3 hard matches inside a week,the main emphasis was that they were sorry that they could not come away with a win for the fans, but they were quick to play down their fitness,has few of the lads had heard some comments from some fans that they were not fit,but they just said they came up against 3 good, and big sides, especially bradford, who they said were massive.The boys were quick to express their disapointment especially the travelling fans who came to bradford,and had to go through a routing,i said to them "you have had 3 really tough games inside a week,and with a weakened side,and 18 men"but you could tell they were still hurting from the games.I think phil will up the action on thursday night and he will,i think,be hoping for a full contingency from Wigan to give him some extra bodies to put on the field,well thats it lads,oh,and personally, i would like a couple of big forwards to stiffen the pack up on sunday,and the other 3 is wishful thinking.

Big Yin your dad must be a jam fan for you to know so much about town, but never a good word for them, and barring watching the games on tele i would have a bet you have never seen town play, so you only come on here to cause a bit of trouble, what an #### you are.

What's your opinions on Lewis Tierney and Rhodri Lloyd ?

Lewis is a fantastic young talent who has pace to burn and a decent rugby brain and will do well if required by Town , Lloyd was a great prospect at 16 but after not making the grade in a tough academy at Wigan he has not played much for two years and had a knee op in the bargain. He can kick a goal though and is now more suited to playing backrow then in the centre position he played as a youngster due to putting considerable "size" on in recent years- he will do well at Haven.

Sign him on loan for crying out loud and cut that one off at the knees !

i don't think there's anything to cut off mate. He's not going to haven despite what them lot seem to think.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived