Bulls reaction

town4me

Deffo forber and sammut in the half's for me doran shows nothing to earn his place

I agree - I'm a fan of Doran and have been since his junior days But he needs to up his game and fitness if he is serious about his rugby career.  I've watched him on four occasions this year and Doncaster was the only game he played to his potential

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home.....slightly worse for ware. But here it goes....

Must congratulate the lads for their 100% effort today. The scoreline no doubt flattered the bulls.

Minor points; cant zee what murphy offered in attack. Doran is far far too unfit.

Positives; scholey has the heart of a lion, just wish i could put it in a bigger prop. Defense was pretty good compared to past weekd, bar last 10 mins.

Thought purtell and o'brien were outstanding for the bulls today. Caused us problems no end.

Overall, much omproved and something to build on. Onwards and upwards.

Matty out with a dislocated shoulder :( , but hopefully some good news about more signings coming our way, one that our friends might not like !! played with a lot more pride and effort today, £1million against £150k, full- timers against part-timers, am proud off the lads today, Karl man of the match for me, big plays from Elliott, Sam P, and Mr Scholey well played lad, if we can play with that heart and determination well that's all us fans can ask for.

Your welcome to him !

Deffo forber and sammut in the half's for me doran shows nothing to earn his place

If Forber could match his kicking from hand I'd agree

Well it's all about opinions , and the one who's opinion counts isn't here , but for what mines worth I think one of them does nothing to earn his place , and it isn't Doran . I think he has a neat kicking and organising game that could dovetail nicely with someone individualistic like Sammut . He's no world beater but it's all relative to what we have at our disposal . I'd love Powell first n foremost ! I just feel Forber's basic skills in that crucial position aren't up to it , and he's had more than a fair go to change my mind . Passing , kicking etc are so sterile they just shackle our whole threat and fluency as a team . Yesterday did show that halves can make a difference even when the pack is the same ... It was an eye opener . It's not and never has been a witch hunt or personal . It's a focus for people purely because it's such a key position that is central to everything you do as a team .

a tad unfair comparing forber to powell and saying you'd have him first and foremost , powell has had every rugby science and technology and top coaching the game can provide for full time talented prospects and is probably out of towns price range and more than likely in the sights of bigger and wealthier clubs , didnt someone say sammut was here to prove himself to the end of the season and hope to be back at a higher level or bigger club ? then where does all this leave town next season if powell is contracted elsewhere and doran and sammut ? i realise town have to aim higher but if they go down or remain in the bottom 3 and 4 of this league then they are going to need a player that is at this current level that is also local .

If we could get Powell with sammut for the rest of the year then I think we'd be pretty safe, but I expect Powell was here to fill sammuts boots. I think forber and Doran could both make a decent case. Doran is far from the answer, his defence is dreadful and sometimes his kicking is as bad as forbers, who's defence is usually very good for a half and goal kicking is top draw, although sammut is very good in that department

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Not comparing them . Just said would be great to have him , as I'd think most would . Unlikely I'd guess but we can hope . It's all fair opinion and why we're here . We all ultimately have the same aim , to give us the best unit to win games , and everyone has a perspective to get there - Phil gets the big bucks to really make the call and he'll stand or fall by that decision

Gareth has been the best ref in the league for the last couple of seasons, it's just some fans have blinkers on because of his haven ties. Liam mc seems out on his feet after about 10 minutes, he was last back on every kick last week. Needs to up his fitness to match the likes of stack and Karl.

Liam is usually last back when the other team kicks because he has been involved in 3 or 4 of the tackles in most of the sets, he cant be running the ball out when he is doing all that tackling.

Are you sure he didn't?[/quote

Well I can't recall it if he did but no doubt your about to inform me when and where. Oh by the way Kris coward missed a tackle when they scored their last try so let's get stuck in to him too.

Forber got caught a couple of times but he was against some bigger guys, Coward missed a few, but hardly a miss match in size there!

Jarrod Sammut was at the match today, thought he was off to play for Malta ? was talking to the Bulls fans  and they couldn't believe he had signed for us, they say he will be a great signing and will really make us tick, here's hoping !!! 

Bulls fans standinng near me reckon he has signed for them next year?

A lot of the sammut to bulls for next season doesn't really worry me, as long as he does the business in these last 12 games. If your realistic he's probably getting paid well to ale the journey here 3/4 times a week,without knowing what league were going to be in he's hardly going to commit for any longer. He may be be a stop gap but let's hope that we get under his skin, stay up and review from there. There is something special about workington town and hopefully he will feel it too. If he doesn't then fine I would expect us to finally sort the halves this off season one-way or another whether it's farkas or someone else.

Bulls fans standinng near me reckon he has signed for them next year?

i think we a fortunate to have him for the rest of the season and hopefully he can help keep us in this league and if we do stay up then there is major recruitment needed for next season.

Totally agree guys . We've seen before that being here can rub off on you , and wouldn't it be great if that happened again , and we could entice one or two old faces back who briefly graced us as well . You never know . Certainly if we do stay up we need to nail our recruitment , especially in those key middle areas of creation and the platform to do it . Its a bit déjà vu that we are strengthening half way through from a poor position yet again , so we finally need to be getting into a position to hit the ground running with strength and room for manoeuvre as teams like dews and others have

Oh , on my wish list , as well as Dec , guys like Petersen and Annakin who add plenty of starch . I'd even take Acton back . These guys are all fringe players where they are. Maybe a couple from Wigan we've had on DR who are on the outside there . That's just wish lists mind . I think we need more of a turnover this year than for a fair while

Archived