jc

9' oller

Bulls have now joined fax and sheffield in their interests in taking johnny away from the mount.

With players now signing for 2016 im hoping he can resist better terms elsewhere

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am sure somene mentioned jc wanted to stay with us.if so then i hope we stop messing around and get him signed up quickstyle.we lost far too many games with jc missing.hes a leader too barking orders from the back many times and that helps. UP THE DOGS.

Me too and he wants to stay. Have batley talks come too late or are they too rigid. His renewed demands may get simbas pecker up but his calibre wouldnt come cheaply as a new purchase

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Bulls have now joined fax and sheffield in their interests in taking johnny away from the mount.

With players now signing for 2016 im hoping he can resist better terms elsewhere

i actually mentioned this a couple of weeks ago on the forum in a discution with mr bottomley that they, i.e.campbell, & Rowe had asked for contracts, while bradford, sheff, fax & Dewsbury are wanting them, but still to no avail.

It all depends how much they want for next season to stay. We don't have the financial clout of any of the teams mentioned. Would people be OK with big bucks to keep Rowe and JC (who I rate very highly btw) and save money elsewhere in the team? It aint easy and I'm glad I don't have to make the call or face the flak when we have to let the fans favorites go as has happened often in the past. Perhaps we should be signing players on longer deals but what happens if they lose form?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

It all depends how much they want for next season to stay. We don't have the financial clout of any of the teams mentioned. Would people be OK with big bucks to keep Rowe and JC (who I rate very highly btw) and save money elsewhere in the team? It aint easy and I'm glad I don't have to make the call or face the flak when we have to let the fans favorites go as has happened often in the past. Perhaps we should be signing players on longer deals but what happens if they lose form?

i agree with the 2yr contracts for our top players, i.e. Rowe, jc, reitie ect, and if they loose form thats a risk we have to take & i would break the bank to keep them, after all, look wbats has happened over pazt 2yrs with letting our top players go,& if that happens again it will be ludicrous

i agree with the 2yr contracts for our top players, i.e. Rowe, jc, reitie ect, and if they loose form thats a risk we have to take & i would break the bank to keep them, after all, look wbats has happened over pazt 2yrs with letting our top players go,& if that happens again it will be ludicrous

lets not also forget we used to have plenty a players that WANTED to stay and be part of it all up at the mount same as fans do,plenty who could a gone on to bigger things but chose to stay,would be great to build a side for 2016 and 2017 that as a lot a pride and passion for the shirt. :bb:

I'm sure you're right Billy but what risk would you personally be taking and which bank will you break?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

lets not also forget we used to have plenty a players that WANTED to stay and be part of it all up at the mount same as fans do,plenty who could a gone on to bigger things but chose to stay,would be great to build a side for 2016 and 2017 that as a lot a pride and passion for the shirt. :bb:

here here

Who's that then SB? I can only think of Ash in recent years. Most players would ....you know what, their Granny's over for an extra ten bob a week :girlumbrage:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

No doubt Rowe has been on the shopping list for a few other teams and I for one realise his value I just hope the board do

Who's that then SB? I can only think of Ash in recent years. Most players would ....you know what, their Granny's over for an extra ten bob a week :girlumbrage:

mark toohey had some cracking deals offered,he were head and shoulders above disco and keith mason at u12 up to open age and look what disco managed(cracking player mind),like you say ash too but theres loads who turned down even the offer of more ££££ from fev and fax years ago to stay a DOG.money helps but playing for that shirt should win hands down for me fella. :bb:

I'm sure you're right Billy but what risk would you personally be taking and which bank will you break?

It all comes down to the ambition and appetite of the people running the Club BSJ. This point has been previously laboured by numerous posters on this forum, and until there is a fundamental change in the structure of the Club, focused on raising the funds commensurate with successfully competing at our current level, we will always be fighting for our lives against the Hunslets, Doncasters, & Workingtons, with all due respect to them.

Unfortunately the ambition and appetite this season has been directed towards acquiring an electronic scoreboard, and chasing its delivery. It probably has been needed, but there when you look at Fax's scoreboard , I am sure we could have managed until next season, and put all energies and resources into finding the personnel for improving the team and ensuring survival at an earlier stage, maybe getting into a competitive placing for prize money which would go well towards funding the said scoreboard.

Unfortunately the ambition and appetite this season has been directed towards acquiring an electronic scoreboard, and chasing its delivery. It probably has been needed, but there when you look at Fax's scoreboard , I am sure we could have managed until next season, and put all energies and resources into finding the personnel for improving the team and ensuring survival at an earlier stage, maybe getting into a competitive placing for prize money which would go well towards funding the said scoreboard.

spot on,scoreboard cant play hb.. :download:

spot on,scoreboard cant play hb.. :download:

So what should the directors have done? Should they have turned down the incredibly generous offer of a substantial amount of money made for the scoreboard. If they had, imagine the outcry if some of the people on here had found out! As far as l know, none of the money for the scoreboard came from playing budget, but from fund raising and donations. 

So what should the directors have done? Should they have turned down the incredibly generous offer of a substantial amount of money made for the scoreboard. If they had, imagine the outcry if some of the people on here had found out! As far as l know, none of the money for the scoreboard came from playing budget, but from fund raising and donations. 

forget the scoreboard its sorted. but should a been sorted years back when it were going to be £6.000. must a been going to happen as i watched em weld the gantry on doghouse roof,if you think enough were done this season to sort a playmaker then fair enough,all the faffing about must a taken up valuable time that could a been spent on looking for a gaffer on the pitch, i know were told there wernt any but hopefully one will be found this long winter... :download:

forget the scoreboard its sorted. but should a been sorted years back when it were going to be £6.000. must a been going to happen as i watched em weld the gantry on doghouse roof,if you think enough were done this season to sort a playmaker then fair enough,all the faffing about must a taken up valuable time that could a been spent on looking for a gaffer on the pitch, i know were told there wernt any but hopefully one will be found this long winter... :download:

l don't think enough was done, and l agree with you to an extent, but citing the scoreboard is a red herring - it had nothing to do with our playing strength, and if the club want to move forward and eventually compete in the middle 8's, they have to have an electronic scoreboard. It just so happened that now was the best time to get it. 

And l agree with you in that l also hope we get a leader to lead us from half back for the forth coming season,especially if we manage to stay in this division.

Realistically, Campbell is far too talented for a club of our current standing. Even given his various indiscretions, we've done well to keep him for so long.

However, I've heard that he loves Batley and has previously turned down higher profile outfits to stay with us. Losing a guy who has such an affinity with the club would be a huge blow in terms of both the playing side of things and the confidence of fans around our ability to retain quality personnel.

Hopefully the rumours aren't accurate.

r02c.gif

So what should the directors have done? Should they have turned down the incredibly generous offer of a substantial amount of money made for the scoreboard. If they had, imagine the outcry if some of the people on here had found out! As far as l know, none of the money for the scoreboard came from playing budget, but from fund raising and donations

I have to disagree DD. Money raised for a scoreboard can also be raised for players, from the same sources, and in our case, with the additional support of BISSA. It is about priorities, and obviously strengthening our squad has not been a priority this season, for reasons known only to the Club owners, whose priority has been a new scoreboard.

Archived