HA HA HA!

BOLTON ROUGHYED

Worst case scenario we'll see you losers in a couple of years.....

I well remember when you (deservedly) beat us a couple of years ago. I came on here saying you would come straight back down and one of your lot said "we will be stronger for the experience"... Well if your efforts this year are anything to go by....erm... Apparently not...... I hope that guy with the scoreboard posts.. You really need to stop living in the past and get rid of that mate.

Kind regards xxx 

Yeah we came down because the Rugby League in their infinite wisdom decided to relegate FIVE teams. If things had have been as they are now we would have stayed up.

You must be one sad person, When we won two years ago I was out on the ###### celebrating promotion. I may have come on here about next Tuesday when I'd sobered up. But then I would have thought " Why Bother " ?

Yeah... That's probably because I have a job to go to in the morning.

As for being sad..... I don't feel very sad right now cocker.

And stupid.... How do you work that one out???

Proper tards

yawning-smiley.png

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

Congratulations to you all at Oldham. After so many near misses I hope that you can go the distance this time. You have been at the top most of the season and as they say the league table never lies.

Just sorry that we were not good enough to play you in the final.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Congratulations to our nearest and dearest, you deserve it after all those years of choking at the finishing post. Most consistent team throughout the season without doubt, so well done.

You Biffos have shown great resilience to have been consistent enough to keep coming back in following seasons and finishing at the top end of the league as often as you have which is something our current side can and should learn from.

As Tyrone mentioned we did get shafted somewhat in our season in the Chanpionship, and didnt really stand much of a chance of staying up that season with the 5 teams coming down, but at the end of the day we weren't good enough and came straight back down, lets not forget that and use the 5 down as an excuse, on that score the Biffos will have a better chance than we did. Just as a side issue is S###bank up to Championship standard, genuine question, im not having a pop?

Sadly we've not been good enough again this year, and in many respects have gone backwards on the playing front, so Im really keen to see what we do differently in pre-season. The playing side was heavliy invested in by Hornets recent standards and I dont just mean on the financial front. Myself included voted to switch a series of home games to a Saturday to give the players (at there request) a decent shot at promotion which didnt appear to make any difference in the long run. And before you give me what about Keighley, NWC, Newcastle etc, etc who have all underperformed (ahead of the play-offs) im not interetsed in anybody else, I only care about Hornets and wont compare them to anybody else or accept second best and this season was no where near good enough for me.

Congratulations Oldham!

Paul Crook and Dale Bloomfield are signed up for next season which is good.Hopefully we can get more.As we heard at the members meeting,key players we wanted were too expensive. 

Once the new deal with the rent comes in it should put our salary cap up.And we might be able to invest more.

On the basis of results over the season Oldham deserve their success.

Hope they are prepared for the difficulty of staying up there - at least they do not have to face the prospect of 5 down - not for now anyway!

Halifax, 7th in the Qualifiers stand to get £500k if they stay there, 6th and its £787k!  I seem to recollect that the bottom teams (Hunslet & Donny) were operating on £150k - presumably Oldham's largesse to come!  Hardly a level playing field, but I believe double Hornets' take, which I think is standard for all League 1 clubs, except for the likes of Newcastle with their backers - not too successful this season!

Our task is to get those willing to play for the shirt - better defence, consistency with pace, flair and discipline - look forward to hearing who will take us forward in 2016.

correct glemiln, L1 clubs had £75k central funding, but for Thunder's backers, they still had to come in within the salary cap. Granted it may have made running the club easier, but still same max budget for players as the rest of us..... the central funding per club in L1 for 2015 was slightly reduced when Coventry were confirmed as being in as I understood it.

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

That is good news Mick but they'll be coached the same way, which isn't good news IMO

I would be happy if we got a new 6 7 and 9 who can run the show.

Other club can get these players why not us. Oh an a new coach who would not have them playing the same boring rugby.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived