2016 Shirts

Wath Brow Hornets: sponsored by Seat.

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats: sponsored by K9 Poodle Parlour & Cat Wash.

A quite staggering lack of ambition.

Wath Brow sponsored by local Seat dealer. Wakefield Trinity's away kit sponsored by a local business. Both are putting money into their local club, is the Seat dealers money better in some way ?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wath Brow sponsored by local Seat dealer. Wakefield Trinity's away kit sponsored by a local business. Both are putting money into their local club, is the Seat dealers money better in some way ?

Yes.  No slight on them as a business, but even if both paid the same amount, the Seat logo (or a similar multinational brand) on the jersey looks FAR better on TV, in newspapers etc.  Imagine Wakey got a photo in a national broadsheet.  1 picture.  1 player.  Captain Dugwash (or whatever it is) across his chest.  Telegraph readers sniggering at the image of the impoverished northern oiks sponsored by a dog grooming business.

Saga holidays wanted to sponsor the Scottish Cup (football) a few seasons ago.  The SFA  (in a rare moment of lucidity) told them to GTF.  Bad for the image of the game.

If you look at both sponsors independently, then unfortunately 1 does have a far higher value (from the brand image with which the club will assosciate - it is not quantifiable, but it is there) than the other.

Yes we need sponsors.

Yes... desperately.

But a main jersey sponsor? at a top tier club? Give me a break.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Yes.  No slight on them as a business, but even if both paid the same amount, the Seat logo (or a similar multinational brand) on the jersey looks FAR better on TV, in newspapers etc.  Imagine Wakey got a photo in a national broadsheet.  1 picture.  1 player.  Captain Dugwash (or whatever it is) across his chest.  Telegraph readers sniggering at the image of the impoverished northern oiks sponsored by a dog grooming business.

Saga holidays wanted to sponsor the Scottish Cup (football) a few seasons ago.  The SFA  (in a rare moment of lucidity) told them to GTF.  Bad for the image of the game.

If you look at both sponsors independently, then unfortunately 1 does have a far higher value (from the brand image with which the club will assosciate - it is not quantifiable, but it is there) than the other.

Yes we need sponsors.

Yes... desperately.

But a main jersey sponsor? at a top tier club? Give me a break.

I think the reality is though that the Seat deal was probably for far far less. 

Agree with the principle, but I wouldn't say it is lack of ambition, but the best that a struggling club like Wakey can get at the moment.

They do also have the local Audi dealer on their site I note.

Wath Brow Hornets: sponsored by Seat.

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats: sponsored by K9 Poodle Parlour & Cat Wash.

Our main shirt sponsors gave up rights to the away shirt sponsors to local business who all paid so much and were drawn out of s hat at a sponsors breakfast which was a great success. We could have fixed the draw and had morrisons or what ever but we did it fair and got a lot of new business involved with the club

A quite staggering lack of ambition.

I think the reality is though that the Seat deal was probably for far far less. 

Of course it was Dave.  My point was just that Wath Brow could get a brand of that level, so I am sure Wakefield could have done better than they did.

As you say - it is really the principle I am talking about.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

As the owner of a Super League Club would you prefer £40,000 from a local business nobody has heard of or £1500 from a car dealership which happens to be the logo of a well known brand of cars?

Have you ever thought that perhaps Wakefield's commercial team wanted to bring money in rather than give exposure to an already well exposed brand for peanuts like Salford have with Mitsubishi?

£40,000,must be a lot of pampered pooches in Wakefield these days

It's one of those things, SEAT, O2, BMW all look nicer as people don't realise it's not the actual company sponsoring the team as opposed to a local branch,

Lots of companies paid to be in the draw to sponsor the away kit resulting in lots of new contacts made, glad the draw was honest as we could have just picked the biggest company.

Didn't realise taht's how it was done. A very interesting way to do it!

It is still not too late to join the Trinity Business Partnership or be in with a chance of featuring your business on the front of our 2016 away shirts and all replica away shirts. All participants will receive an executive box for 10 guests of their choice* and advertising at the ground.

You will then be entered into the Ultimate Grand Draw which will take place on Saturday 16th January at the Sponsors Breakfast. In order to take part and to join the Trinity Business Partnership, the cost will be £1,000 +VAT.

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday we revealed our alternative (away) and Inspired by Heroes Cup Competition Kit!

Here was the moment we showed off both kits to Hornets Members!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1C4Aj6pbZE&feature=youtu.be

Here are a better view of what the kit looks like in the flesh!

https://www.facebook.com/RochdaleHornets1871/photos/a.994376443914734.1073741827.994376363914742/1143910902294620/?type=3&theater

Archived