Odd Pre-Season for HKR

Just reading about some HKR players putting in a coaching stint at Loughborough college and noticed this at the end.

Rather an odd way to conduct pre season training but I guess it develops resourcefulness.

"Rather than heading off to warm weather training overseas as usual, players have been travelling all over the UK to take part in a variety of community activities and challenges designed to test their physical and mental capabilities.

When players arrived for training they were split into groups, stripped of their phones, car keys and wallets before being sent out across the country – expected to find food and accommodation for themselves as well as take part in the activities organized for them. Before arriving at Loughborough College, players had been helping out at a hospice in Warrington."

Some of the players ended up in Hemel and had a training session at Stags before visiting a couple of local schools; including the one my children attend.

I was chatting to the players before the assembly and they'd said it was pretty challenging, but enjoyable. They contrived to take over three hours to get from Watford to London so clearly they weren't in their comfort zone!

Bit more about it here....

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/stags-help-school-pupils-say-hull-o-to-kr-s-super-league-stars-1-7148643

They contrived to take over three hours to get from Watford to London so clearly they weren't in their comfort zone!

Bit more about it here....

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/stags-help-school-pupils-say-hull-o-to-kr-s-super-league-stars-1-7148643

I guess that was the idea. Bit like the silly management courses I used to go on.

Whether it has a benefit, apart from in the pockets of the folk running it, I've no idea.

I guess that was the idea. Bit like the silly management courses I used to go on.

Whether it has a benefit, apart from in the pockets of the folk running it, I've no idea.

Willie Poching was positive about it, but he was hardly going to tell me it was a load of old rubbish!

He did say that although this wasn't a Jamie Peacock idea per se, they are already starting to see his impact - e.g. with their gym facilities.

Archived